2D Artwork: Movie Skylynx/Omega.

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Wave1, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Wave1

Wave1 Well-Known Member

This is my frist fan art here so hope this hasn’t be done yet, So here we go. This is my idea for a Skylynxs / Omega in TF3, I always liked Skylynx but hated the combined mode. The Lynx just hides its head and the dino-brid sits on top, so to shake things up I purpose that Skylynx’s combine mode forms Omega Supreme. To me this is a great way to get Omega in the film, for I just can’t see him as a stand alone player in the film, anyway this is some back story. If I ever get time Ill Draw them better but for now its enough to get the idea across. Hope you all like it.
    Skylynxs was one of cybertrons greatest geologist. His mission was to seek out knew forms of Energon. Armed only with his intellect and moderate to no fighting skills, Skylinxs was unsuited for such a dangerous mission alone. The cybertronian Council assigns him a prototype Guardian to protect the valuable researcher from the unknown dangers of the universe. Less than happy with the idea of having a bodyguard, he accepts the Council’s request. The Guardian is armed to the teeth - literally his mouth can ejects flames hotter than a white dwarf. Twin particle cannons for any possible airborne threats and treads that can cut through diamond. Before leaving they both are upgraded at the request of Skylynxs for a joint excavation / Sentinel mode, Code-named Omega Supreme.
    The Omega supreme is a site to behold, unmatched in strength, fire power and technology - for not only can the Omega stand to ward off any and all attackers, its Excavation mode is in its self a factory / science lab. Armed with an array of sensors and scanners the Omega is able to extract samples, then run any number of test with out having to carry them all the way back to cybertron. To help achieve this the Omega’s right arm can convert to a phaser beam, giving the ability to drill to the vary core of a planet if necessary. The Omega’s left arm can also convert to a simple drill for finer work, just above the head are scanners and Lights for cutting throw the deep darkness.
    Skylynxs mission has taken them to the edge of the known universe and beyond . Now forgotten to time and unaware of the condition of cybertron, Skylynxs has set his sights on a new world called Earth. The info he gathered off a golden disk attached to a lone satellite, indicates a technological race worth investigating. As Skylynxs approaches Earth he hopes that this place will offer the salvation cybertrons needs, but little does he know the war they are about to become part of.

Attached Files:

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I LOVE these. Very creative, very aesthetic. I love how animalistic/mythological Sky Lynx looks.... he is definitely my favorite of the two.

Fantastic job!

3. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's been a lot of fan art of Omega Supreme as a combined space shuttle orbiter, rockets/fuel tank and platform. He's has never been a shuttle, but Sky Lynx has, but ultimately if there had to be one in the films I'd rather Omega than Sky Lynx or Astrotrain since he's always been a favourite of mine. Here you've reached a nice compromise, and it's probably my favourite take so far.

4. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Wow. Also, yikes. Also, more wow.

5. J.H.N

J.H.N the HARSH one

now that sir was worthy of posting, very nice!

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

fantastic design.love the creativity used here.

7. Ryotaro

Ryotaro FALCON PUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, that's cool!

8. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

As much as I don't like the movie aesthetic, this concept is really cool. I'd be interested in seeing another version done in non-movie style.

9. Wave1

Wave1 Well-Known Member

Glad your all digging the concept even you G1 fans lol. Reply to the frist reply I have to agree SkyLynx is my fav of the 3 aswell, was fun to draw and answering the last reply, it would be cool to do a G1 take but i dont think it would look as nice. Again thanks for all your replys.

10. bumblebee15

bumblebee15 Autobot

WOW!! Awesome Design. You pulled this together very well!

11. Hype1

Hype1 D Witwicky biographer

I like, I like. What sort of scale would Skylynx, the Guardian, and Omega be in relation to other in the movie-verse?

12. Techdread

Techdread Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Awesome designs! I love the backstory you've created for them all, and I adore the designs!

13. Wave1

Wave1 Well-Known Member

To answer the height question Skylynx would be around 55 feet , Guardian at 70ed and The Omega would stand at 160 feet. Devastater is at 120 if he stands up right lol. That leaves Devastater just above Omegas face shield , that’s my beast estimate anyway lol

14. Wave1

Wave1 Well-Known Member

Glad you all like it. I would love to see more animal bots in the movies.

15. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    I love the Lion design! I think I found my inspiration for movieverse Razorclaw.

16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    very impressive!!! how did you color this piece?

17. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats so slick! I'd love a toy of that

18. Wave1

Wave1 Well-Known Member

Answer to Moy's Question, my photo shop skills are lacking so i colored this one and most of my others with MS paint. Would love to do full movie realism but would'nt we all lol.

19. PrimeGrimlock

PrimeGrimlock Tidalwhale

Epic win PERIOD,micheal bay could learn a lesson or two from fans like u

20. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I want to see more of this!