Minor/Repaint: Movie Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Jaekwong, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Jaekwong

Jaekwong Well-Known Member

So heres my next transformer custom! MOVIE SIDESWIPE

I learned a lot from this little bugger. I made quite a few mistakes.. even melted some parts and had to get new parts :S! (lucky i had some spares)!
    I did a metallic pinkish color then few clear red over it to get the body colored. Tried to match side swipe as possible with the dark grey and light grey scheme. Coated with future so it wont chip! Cheesy PROVED CORRECT AFTER TRANSFORMING!! YAY TO FUTURE!

So basically, as you all know this is movie bumblebee body. The head was from another toy. hehe a little to embarassed to say from what, but it required a whole lot of dremelling and filing to get it to fit right. The cannon was made from a pipe part form a gundam and the missile part came from another embarassing toy! The cannon had a little aluminum rod at the end of it whcih was threaded through a hole i dremelled on a part behind his head. The gun came from spare parts again.

I enjoyed doing this little guy but wow.. it did take a long time. i screwed up a lot!!! But its great how much you learn from screwups!

Hope you guys enjoy!
    Any Questions or comments or comissions or creative requests id be GLAD to hear themjessey_k@hotmail.com

Attached Files:

2. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Nice paint job! Would have loved to see a more G1ish head tho but don't mind me, I'm stuck in the 80's...
    That said, it's great looking and nice gun!
    Can't figure out where the head comes from...please tell us!

3. Jaekwong

Jaekwong Well-Known Member

it was a roadbot figure!

4. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice job! He is super shiny. Great Idea on the metallic pink and red clear, looks great.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I like the head, it still flows with the body, but has an actual face *L*