Minor/Repaint: Movie Shrapnel (WIP) / digibash request

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by unicronsupreme, Jul 23, 2008.

1. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was looking through a bunch of old gundam pieces for modding fodder and thought that these huge sword things would make neat tusks or something. After fiddling around with them for a bit I got them into a nice spot and it hit me that it looked kinda like a Shrapnel. I may leave it as shrapnel or I may make him a revamp of beast wars Insecticon since they're the same bug. I added some mandibles to the front grill to add to the bug look. I also added some tiny miniguns on the roof for more firepower and some spiked thrusters on the back for more cool factor and to chance the look more. I have no idea where the gun is from but I think the head is from Tallgeese. The head has to be taken off to transform for the time being but it and the gun both store nicely in vehicle mode.

Since Dropkick is basically Kickback already and if this becomes Shrapnel then I'll just need a movie version of Bombshell which I would be willing to make so drop some suggestions.

If someone would be kind enough to digibash this into Shrapnel or BW Insecticon that would be wonderful. I don't know a lot about how that whole system works so please just let me know what resources I need to provide for that and I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

That is nice, I would suggest if it might help, try some sanding and some modes on that Tallgeese head you got there. You can even make your movie version of Hound. Just use some imagination as Megatron said in the G1 series :) 

3. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm planning on trimming it down so that I it can stay in place during transformation and turn a bit too,

4. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

I'm currently looking for a way how to fit a gundam head to Landmine , maybe sanding and some minor mod will help and make it look like Hound ? A few reprolables and it will make Landmine better ?

5. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    I'm really not going for Hound. I want to make it Shrapnel. Which it will once I mod the head and feet some and paint it...

6. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Movie Bombshell could be:

- Stockade, with a stinger attached to the plate behind the head and jointed so that it sits on top of the roof pointing forward in SUV mode;

- Bonecrusher, with his mine-clearing arm reworked into an appropriate stinger shape;

- Barricade has the right arm shapes, but I'm not sure if a stinger could be fashioned and attached usefully;

- Payload, by kitbashing his rear-projecting gimmick with sufficient joints to have it bend up and over his head and point forward. Replace the truck grille with an appropriate silver tribarrel/prongs arrangement which can flip up to form a flat grille-like shape in truck mode or down to mow down pedestrians.

- Longarm, with his transforming hook/gun assembly bashed into something that clips onto his upper back or the plating behind his head.

- Landmine again - the gun peghole on his back is the perfect place to attach a custom weapon which can extend to appear over his head.

All in all, though, I'd pick Stockade. The toys match well - the hunched look of the robot, the built-up shoulders, the little plate behind the head, the thin thighs and the much larger shells on the backs of the lower legs, the angle of the kibble sprouting off the tops of the shoulders, the boxy black rear end in altmode etc. The light grey sections at the top of Stockade's inner arms could be painted yellow to match Bombshell's robot mode, and it wouldn't show up in Stockadeshell's altmode at all.

Conversely, Stockade's front doors could be painted yellow (or have a large circular yellow image of some kind on a purple background) to homage Bombshell's insect eyes and it would be 98% concealed in robot mode. Not to mention that the grey areas of his legs could be painted Bombshell purple and like Bombshell, they'd be invisible in altmode.

I guess the SUV windows (the windshield, at least) could be altered from translucent blue to translucent yellow to mimick Bombshell's chest plastic in insect mode, and Stockade's own chest isn't visible in altmode either so it too could go from blue to yellow.

It's really a matter of how much work you want to do and where your kitbashing strengths lie, I guess.

7. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    Those are some excellent suggestions! thanks. I Think I'm gonna go with Bonecrusher as Bombshell now that I look at the claw. It would really require the least modification since it's already in the right place in both modes. Your suggestion of Barricade has me considering swapping out him for dropkick as Kickback, but that would require more modding than I think I want to do.