2D Artwork: Movie Sharkticon

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Wave1, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Wave1

Wave1 Well-Known Member

This is my movie concept, Sharkticon. Now they are not a stand alone characters, but a menace to all. They are not very big but what they lack in size they make up for in numbers. As for an alt mode they don’t really have one, but a swim mode that resembles a Squid or Octopus. My design is based off my own sharkticon which has seen better days lol and a Dunkleosteus a Prehistoric armored fish, which lived 360 million years ago, the tentacles are reminiscent of the Quintessons. I don’t really have a back story just explanation on what makes these little critters so dangerous hope u all enjoy.

Sharkticons were a plague on Cybertron, for unlike most transformers sharkticons have the unique ability to replicate. After a sharkticon over eats its systems starts cloning the original. The process starts with the formation of a bright blue shell, within this shell a new sharkticon is being built molecule by molecule, the shell continues to grow depending on food intake. Usually after 10 days the shell is disregarded, anther 4 days and a new sharkticon emerges full of hunger and downloaded memories of its carrier. Sharkticons aren’t very bright but get smarter with every clone. They also prefer watery environments but can make due on land or even in deserts.

Like roaches they can live off just about anything but prefer raw metals or ore but nothing gets them more riled up than energon,. There reaction to energon is like that of cats to catnip. After over eating on energon, sharkticons become very temid. But this is only because their body’s go into a state of shock. For the energon super charges their systems cutting the replacing time by ¾. So it is very important to keep them away form energon at all cost.

Sharkticons are not a mere menace to cybertrron but the universe, during times of overpopulation a sharkticon will transfer all its power to its shell and attach it to a ship or transformer. Most often attacking a transformer to distract it from its real purpose. The shell will remain attach until sensors indicate a new habitable zone. That is if a medic like Ratchet doesn’t detect it first. This is also how sharkticons reach earth off one of the Decepticons that followed the Fallen to battle.

Attached Files:

2. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's pretty neat. I like the bit of backstory you gave em and how you worked in the Dunkleosteus influence. I actually just saw something about one of those the other day. These would be some scary lil beasts.

3. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love it! How'd you give your art that metallic texture by the way?

4. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

Cool Idea. So those sharkticons are Cybertronian Animals ??

5. Insecticons

Insecticons The different Kitbasher

Will sooo buy an Extra Ravage to build this!

6. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

OMG that is a very good concept! The design of the "land mode" or whatever is very g1 sharkitcon, but still stays true to the movie aesthetic, the swim mode looks very squid-like, and the stationary mode does look like an octapus! Also, i love the inclusion of that dino!
    spelling errors aside, THAT IS AWESOME!

7. Wave1

Wave1 Well-Known Member

To give it that metallic look, I just took pics of metal then used ms paint to paste my line art over diff shades of metal and Cybertronian animals is basically what they are. But i think of them more like Locust.

8. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I like it. It looks like a Murloc and a Mouser had a baby. Size is about right, too!

~Z

[​IMG]
    Image from magiccianos blog
    [​IMG]
    Image from maquettes-papier.net

9. Wave1

Wave1 Well-Known Member

Ha...Murlock! I knew someone would post that at some point. For one of my friends told me the same thing the other day, which is awesome because I love Murlocks lol. The Mouser was a good choice too. Glad your all liking it, I may try and do some more pics of the Sharkticons when i get time from work and other projects.

10. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    reminds me alot of these guys:

[​IMG]

11. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Holy shi-
    VERY NICE.
    Props man, Props~!

12. -Mainframe-