Movie Seeker Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sound Blaster, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

OK we have the following seeker's from G1 that where made for TF1 & ROTF and I have some questions to ask:

First all the heads: The one for Thundercracker and the G1 Starscream re-paint should have been for the "coneheads" and they were mix & mashed between all 4 jets.

Second: Why only make 4 out of the 6 jets as Voyager and make Thrust & Dirge smaller?

Lastly if I had my way this is how they SHOULD have done it:

Starscream (Original Head) in both TF1 & G1 Re-Paint
    Thundercracker (Re-paint of original SS with original SS movie head)
    Skywarp (Same as TC)

Dirge,Thrust & Ramjet (All SS Re-Paints with original Thunercracker head)

I have Thrust and he is a cool looking jet and I will pick up Dirge when he comes out but the one thing I never could get over is that Hasbro (Once again) fumbled the ball...All of the G1 jet's were pretty much "Clones" or different colors why didn't they stick to that?

Just a thought....:confused: 

2. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    That would be smarter.... Except I like the G1 repaint head for SS better.

I guess Thrust and Dirge are there for Breakaway to play with.

3. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By the end of the ROTF line I think the sizing of the Seekers will have made sense.

Consider the Seekers in two groups, the originals and the coneheads.
    For the originals, we'll have Leader Class Starscream and his cronies TF1 Voyager Thundercracker and ROTF Voyager Skywarp. For the coneheads we have Voyager Ramjet, and his cronies Deluxe Thrust and Deluxe Dirge. So in both cases we have a bigger figure leading two smaller ones, and all are unique molds in some way except for TC and Skywarp.

4. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm still under the impression that when movie 3 comes out we might get the voyager Starscream mold repainted as the last two for a store exclusive again. I have no evidence to back this up however, it's just the way I'm hoping things turn out. I like the deluxe Dirge & Thrust molds but something just don't feel right when they're not repaints of Starscream. I've got them just in case they don't get any movie 3 love but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

5. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    Why do the TFs in the movie-verse have to follow the convention of the other TF series?

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It seems clear that for the purposes of the films Starscream will remain the only F-22 Decepticon. They aren't going to put gaudy colors on two others and say "meet Starscream's buddies."

It's only right that the toyline reflect that, having Starscream as the ultimate flying Decepticon. Other Decepticon jets can homage the other Seekers, which in 20 years of media have assumed their own identities. Heck, even from the very beginning Thrust looks quite distinct from SS.

I've never understood the fascination with Starscream clones (except in Animated where they were hilarious). If RotF Dirge and Thrust were recolors of Starscream, you couldn't pay me to take them.

(I admit that I would at least consider picking up an RotF Thundercracker as a remolded Starscream, but that's because he's a character I enjoy in Movie tie-in fiction.)

7. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

the short version of it all....someone in hasbro marketing who has never been privy to transformer history Fucked up as usually and was put in charge of the marketing and development of the Toys...

This kinda pissed me off ....

Since collecting all the movie seekers up thru to the last two store exclusives(ramjet and skywarp) to see the last two get released as smaller deluxe molds...

I do not mind that they got new molds...but for fuck sake they should have been voyagers to atleast keep all the planes in scale....it looks like you have a group of adults hanging out with the two little kids...

I hope they do do a repaint next movie and release Thrust and Dirge as repaints of either starscream voyager mold so we have the 6 seekers as the same size mold...don't hold my breathe waiting for that to happen though...

8. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Exactly.

9. Sound Blaster

Because G1 started it all we got Starscream & Thundercracker so why not the rest??? :sly2: 

10. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    This is how it will go when the line ends.

Voyager

SS Movie 1
    Thundercracker
    Skywarp

Deluxe

Thrust
    Dirge
    Ramjet(will be a Dirge repaint IMO)

Troop Building

Nebulan SS
    Ramjet
    Movie 2 Starscream
    DS Starscream

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    /facepalm. I love how it's "all Habsro's fault" or "they droped the ball" just because it's something someone doesn't happen to like.

You don't like it, don't buy it. You have your G1 toys to keep you company.

12. Sound Blaster

Who said it was Hasbro's fault? :confused: 

And it's not that I "Don't like it" it just doesn't make sense why they do things....I guess you never ask questions? :confused: 

13. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Did you read Reign of Starscream ? He mentions somethin in there regarding altform & the other seekers... hint hint

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    They gotta have some repaints left for when the TF3 line comes around.

15. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I enjoy it when the Seekers don't all have to look just alike.

I currently have all the Movie/ROTF Seekers, and whenever I get around to putting them in a display, it'll be coll because they're a bit different from each other.

Only thing that I wonder about is if they will repaint the ROTF Voyager Starscream mold into another Seeker. I'm probably not going to buy the Nebular repaint, but I might uy it as Acid Storm in green camo.

Also, I wonder who will get the pick to be repainted from ROTF Leader Starscream. I'm guessing Skywarp, but who knows.

16. Sound Blaster

Yea that's true....:lol 

17. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    You;re complaining that Thrust and Dirge aren't repaints of that "meh" 07 Starscream mold?