3D Artwork: Movie Scrounge

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Prime Aspect, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Prime Aspect

Prime Aspect Visual Synthesis Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, it's not Jetfire's Dad, it's everyone's (other) favorite wheel, Scrounge! See the TFWiki if you don't know who he is.

Made over the past 48 hours in 3ds Max 2010, thanks to leftover brownies, Cherry Coke and little sleep. :D  I knew I wouldn't have time past this weekend to do an entry, so I pulled a marathon session of my meager talent to put this together.

I didn't bother making a plausible transformation for him. He basically unfolds his body from inside the wheel, with the wheel rims forming his feet, hands, and armor parts on his arms and legs. The treads end up on his back. The treads are shown still in a half-circle, but I imagine them hanging down loosely like long dreadlocks or something. Scrounge doesn't bathe much. I gave the head some wild spikey things to further the impression of unwashed hair. It's not quite movie aesthetic, but it's as close as I can do.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  2. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    It's cool and all, but like you said; I can't find a possible way this can exist as a Transformer toy, maybe if he were thicker?

3. Prime Aspect

Prime Aspect Visual Synthesis Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree, but with more than 30 hours of actual work put into it to get this far, I'm not sure I can afford to put more time into it, which is whey I posted it as-is. Clearly, I need all the help I can get from Josh's video. :D 

Now that I've had another night's (day's really) sleep, I can talk more about the character's place in the movieverse.

Scrounge hangs out in the worst parts of Cybertron gathering what little information and Energon he can find. He has advanced audio and video recording devices in his arm that he uses to spy on any Decepticon activity he stumbles across. He occasionally brings bits of news to the Autobots, though it rarely pans out into anything truly useful for the cause.

Things have only gotten worse since Optimus Prime sent the All-Spark into space. While it was far from pretty, the Dead End section of Cybertron at least had life and personality. Now, it resembles a graveyard. Hulks of citizens gone into statis-lock from lack of Energon litter the streets, and barely any movement is seen.

While exploring the lifeless streets and mourning the loss of friends, Scrounge happened upon something unexpected. Deep below the Dead End streets he found a group of Cybertronians living and thriving! Was there a source of Energon within Cybertron itself, or is this something even stranger? Gathering what resources he could, Scrounge prepared to make the long journey to Earth. Optimus Prime must be told.

There we go. A bit more to round out the character and explain why he would be in the third movie.

4. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    My father was a wheel! And ya know what he transformed into? Nothin! But he did it wit pride

5. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Awesome I like it and its wheelness!