movie scouts Hardtop and Skyblast

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Armorhide, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Armorhide

Armorhide Damn kids

Got these guys yesterday and there isn't a review but might as well make one:D 

Hardtop: alt mode: Has a nice dune buggy alt mode with blue.. lots of blue.
    bot mode: Still has his blue but with added green. really poissable but his kness are not able to twist.
    Misc:Comes with his sniper rifle now painted black and the sector 7 key wich looks great.
    grade:B+

Skyblast: alt mode: a cool looking grey and white jet.
    bot mode: still grey with added black. Good arm articulation but no knees.
    Misc: comes with energon star, wing guards and a long gun all coulerd in transparent grey.
    grade:A

If you see these get them, there awsome for people who didn't get them like me:p 
    p.s: Hardtop's gun is very loose in his hands.

2. Dr. Lucky

Dr. Lucky Well-Known Member

I was actually really impressed with Hardtop. I didn't pick up many of the Scouts, just because they were wildly out of scale with the other movie figures. (I only got Hardtop and the two biker girls)
    Hardtop really is very flexible for such a small transformer. At that size, they usually either have no articulation in bot mode or look completely unrealistic in alt mode, but he doesn't seem to have either problem. I do have the same issue with the gun being really loose in his hands. It seems a little better in his left hand than in his right though.
    I keep thinking about buying six or eight of these to use as Decepticon 'troops'. They look fairly generic and the military alt mode and big gun just screams soldier minion to me.

3. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

From this topic I only have Skyblast, it's pretty cool. The alt mode is awesome but I have some problems with the nose of the mode, it looks loose and out of place so I keep him in robot mode. I love how you can rearrange his weapon pieces slightly and hold them differently, looks very cool. :D 

4. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

The great thing about the Sector 7 scouts is that they take figured previous released in mismashes of bright colors and give them realistic and coherent paint jobs.

5. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    yeah, I like the colors better now, but I only bought hardtop to be a nemesis version of the cyb. swindle. same for Armorhide.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've grabbed all these so far, love 'em. Arcee aside, the Energon line gave us some of the best damn basics ever, and Cybertron was right behind it.

Skyblast is one mold they can repaint a dozen times and I'd get each one. I love that guy.

7. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Transformers the Movie Hardtop​

Vehicle Mode: A dune buggy of some description, I'm unsure what model if any it's based off. The main colouring is a very drab dark green. The wheels and other mold details like the grill on the bonnet are black plastic. The rood rack, cabin spotlights and headlights are silver. Finally, there are hazard stripes right at the back end of the buggy. There are Section 7 logos on either side of the chassis, even though officially Hardtop is a Decepticon. The mold itself is reasonably detailed, and is slightly above average in this sense for what you'd expect from a Scout class toy. There are vents on the hood, the lights on the roof, wing mirrors, and even indents where the door handles would be. Hardtop's rifle plugs in at the rear of the vehicle mode, and it really fits quite well with the vehicle mode. There was a tendency for some of the Cybertron Scout toys to have overly large weapons that got in the way of the vehicle mode, but it fits in well here, especially given it's matte black colour. The main fault of the vehicle mode in honest is the rear end - when viewed from behind there's a massive gap. It's not too large of an issue though given that this is a Scout Class.

Transformation: Just about what you'd expect from a Scout. Lots of swivelling and unfolding without it getting too complicated.

Robot Mode: Just about the right size for a Scout, and reasonably proportioned aswell. There isn't much in the way of new sculpted detail revealed in this mode, except in the chest region which sees some mechincal detail put in place due to the transformation scheme. The only new colour revealed in this mode is a slightly different shade of green (more olive green), which is used for the torso and head. More yellow is used in this mode, with it being on the chest and his visor. Articulation is what you'd expect from a Scout class toy from the Cybertron era - ball jointed shoulders, hips and knees. Swivel joints are used for the waist and head, both of which have 360 degree movement. The elbows are on hinges. The weapon goes well in either hand, although I prefer it the robot's right hand (so the 'magazine' is on the outside).

Weapon/Gimmick: It's a fairly standard looking rifle, mostly in matte black, with silver, yellow, and drab green highlights. On the rifle's side is a horizontal Cybertron key port that when activated causes the barrel of the rifle to extend, via another length of barrel flipping out from the top of the original barrel. This doesn't cause the robot mode to become unbalanced because it's light enough that it doesn't cause the robot to become any more front heavy when deployed. It's a gimmick that works well and looks good, and the only issue that it has is that you either have to detach it from the buggy mode or turn it 90 degree to the side to stop it catching on the buggy when deployed.

Summary: I've used the words "what you'd expect from a Scout class" a lot in this review. In one sense, that is exactly what Hardtop is. He's not overly detailed, but he's immensely playable, and that's what you want from a Scout class toy. I just want to make it clear though that on the other hand I don't really consider this toy run of the mill, or average. I've found it to be one of the best Scouts that came out of the TF07 line. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that it's one of the best examples of exactly what a person should want from a Scout class toy, and is one that I've gotten a great deal of enjoyment from. In that sense it gets an 8/10 from me.

8. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    I can't believe no one has mentioned this(or did I i missed it), I thought it strange that Hardtop has no faction symbol to be found. Anywhere.