Movie Remakes

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Golobulus, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

Folks, I'm doing a commentary article for my University newspaper about how fans feel about cartoon shows being re-designed into movies, and I'm going to focus mainly on this movie. I need some opinions of how people feel about the story being re-told, the characters changing, etc. So.. would any of you mind helping me out?

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I think it's great! ...just so long as the movie is done well. We have fond memories off our old favorite action cartoons, but very few of them really hold up when you watch them as adults. Movie remakes give us a chance to see a new version tailored for an adult audience. They at least have the potential to be smarter and a bit darker than the originals.

3. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Sure...

4. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I have no problem with what they have done, and though there are a few designs I feel came off bad (Starscream, Megatron) the rest look amazing, detailed and realistic.

I was hoping they would have stuck with the original concept that they had crash landed on earth millions of years ago, but it's not that big of a deal, as long as they stick to what made me love transformers in the first place, that being giant sentient robots that turn into real-world vehicles and objects, I'll be happy.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I like the movie. Everything about it, I like.

I really do.

6. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

A good remake takes existing elements and gives them a new spin.
    A bad remake takes those same elements and either does nothing to them, thus regurgitating the same old thing, or worse throws them all out and makes it nothing like the original.

(just so you know, I reckon this new TF movie is a good remake from what I've seen).

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I Love The Idea. It Brings More Reality To The Fantasy

8. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

That's good, because I'm not sure you have a lot of others to choose from.

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The movie came as quite a shock at first, but I now love the designs!

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

At first I was like, "Cool! Live-action Transformers! Been waiting all my life for something like this to happen!" Then I saw the designs and I'm like "What?! They're not basing them off of G1?!" But then I started getting used to the designs, and I honestly want to be at the theatres when it opens. I'm praying day and night that it would be a blockbuster hit, thus we could see more live-action Transformers.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When does this turn into feelings about the Scooby Doo and Flintstones live-action movies? :) 

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, I've always liked the Action Figures better than the media (cartoons, comics, etc.) So far I feel the same way about this new Movie. Count me as being neutral for now. I really want to see this Movie to decide. Anyway, good or bad, it's my hope the Transformers will survive for many years to come. Also, if the Movie bombs, fans will have much to discuss for years. Fans still discuss the 86 Movie, so just imagine what a live-action Movie will do?

13. Bigd

Bigd Autobot

If this helps

I was happy about the new movie. Then i found out that they where going to change the look & story. I was a little worried they might ruin it. Now that i have seen previews and seen the set in person, it has a great potentional to be a summer blockbuster. It is sure to please old and new transformer fans.

14. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

I'm thinking you should try a different film. Until the movie is actually released, we won't have fully informed, final opinions. At the moment all we have is impressions based on stills, trailers and an early draft of the script. While these might be giving some an honest and accurate impression of the final film, there is no way to confirm that until the film opens. Hell, those who already "know" they will love or hate the film may very well end up loving it or hating it for completely different reasons.