Minor/Repaint: Movie Ratchet Repaint + reprolabels

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by iDarkDesign, Feb 20, 2008.

1. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I couldn't find my old topic so I decided I would open a new one. I'm not really into the new look of the boards, but what the hell!

After months of begging Delta, reprolabels finally released an upgrade set for movie Ratchet. It was much needed! (now if they would only release an accurate decepticon police shield my Barricade would be perfect too!)

This is my shot at repainting movie Ratchet. I hopped on the dremel-sawblade bandwagon too. I might still construct a laser for him but I'm quite done with Ratchet now... on the final battle jazz.

iDD

Attached Files:

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    stickers are decent, but the green they outlined with - doesn't match the green on the alt.

really like the saw blade you added.

3. dak

dak <b><font color=blue>I am DAK! The customizer!</fon

News Credits:
    that looks awesome!

4. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    That would be my flashy photography (I suck) The green is dead on and barely noticeable in reality!

iDD

5. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    That looks great! It's too bad they left out the "Search & Rescue" for the hood. When I get this set, I'll probably use a hobby knife to cut some of the borders off, especially since the green won't blend as well with my Best Buy Ratchet's metallic paint. I really like the stripes you painted on his shoulders too.

6. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got this set for my Ratchet too.
    Reprolabels hit a home run with this one.

7. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Well-Known Member

What color green paint did you use on his feet? I'm doing a Ratchet repaint, but I don't want to have to repaint all the green on the whole figure.

8. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I mixed the color myself. I always go on feeling and mixed yellow with bright green. Though you could use this

iDD

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

To be honest, though, that'd depend a lot on what yellow and blue you're mixing. Switch a cadmium yellow medium for a lemon yellow, and a cerulean for an ultramarine, you'll soon notice the difference. I definitely recommend mixing by eye and experience...

Excellent job. :D 

10. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I always mix by eye, I just pop open a few cans and figure out which colors would be needed. I suggested the formula from another topic and was thinking this was aimed at a beginner.

I'm guessing you use accrylics (warhammer) with paint by those names? I use enamels (revell, umbroll) and haven't a clue on the names. I have 4 greens for example. (bright, dull, dark and not so bright) I always buy the paint by color needed (or as close as I can get)

iDD

11. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Well-Known Member

How'd you paint the knee joints? I did mine, and as soon as I tried transforming him, the damn paint got all scraped off, so now it looks like that crappy green again. I was thinking about trying to dye those parts black. Why, Hasbro, why didn't you mold his arms and leg joints in black, or at least some kind of dark silver?

12. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Matte black and drybrush silver. It does come off when transforming, but I don't transform that often. They are more like display pieces for me.

iDD