Movie Ratchet + Optimus Prime Blaster in package images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by megatroptimus, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Cy-Kill

Cy-Kill Slackers unite...tomorrow

I very much like Ratchet! The only thing I notice is the name on the box; Autobot Ratchet, with the Autobot allegiance also listed directly underneath the name. Does this mean Hasbro didn't have the trademark, or are they just cramming allegiances down kids' throats? One other thing I notice is that on the back of Ratchet's packaging, it also promotes the Blackout toy we've seen; to me, doesn't this confirm he's a mega/voyager-szed toy, as I've found in the past they list additional figures in the same pricepoint on the box. I'm not even sure if it's been decided/mentioned what his class-size is yet, but this is first confirmation for myself.

The blaster looks neat in a really odd way. I like the fact that the truck retains quite a bit of G1 Optimus, in terms of his trailer (has the blue lines running along the side) and the cab almost being a flatnose.

2. Triceratron

Triceratron Active Member

HOLEE Crap. That roleplay gun thing might just be the most awesome thing ever.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    That blaster has a lot more coolness than I expected.
    I bet my kid would love it.

I like the movie packaging so far.

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Packaging looks nice. Blaster is kind of silly, but good for teaching violence to kids :) 

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Im digging the blaster and may actually purchase my first non show/ movie character transformer item because of it.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really liking the packaging for the movie toys.

And that blaster is just too damn cool.

7. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    My thoughts exactly. Except for Prime, Blackout, and Barricade, I don't think having their ugly-ass faces on there will be a good thing. Packaging looks good though, and that blaster is actually really awesome looking!

Can't WAIT for blackout!!!

8. Steeljaw

Steeljaw Play more games

News Credits:
    That blaster looks like a lot of fun.
    "Say hello to my little truck friend!"

Ratchet was the first of the movie figures to catch my attention so i'll definately get him.

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet. Another part of my movie Prime costume.

10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    RID Hand Megatron (hand mode) finally has a worthy opponent with Movie Blaster Prime. Imagine the movie with the Prime truck transforming into this gigantic fist/blaster.

11. EDcomics

EDcomics Foxtail Dreamer

The Big Rig Blaster is a nice novelty. I don't buy that type of thing, but I'm sure it'll please someone. As for Ratchet... Why are the boxes for Voyager class figures so big? The figure isn't that big. I know they want to display it at a weird angle, but come on... Oh well, whatever. The CG or painted shot of his movie face is... UGH. Once again, COME ON. That is the absolute ugliest robot head I've ever seen. It's like Beast Wars Rhinox meets March of the Penguins meets puke green and nosebleed red. No, actually that would be better than this. I WANT to like this movie, but that Ratchet is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. The toy looks alright, except for the colors. The packaging, to me, looks bland and boring. Trying too hard to be hip. Let the toy speak for itself. I swear, if they didn't keep going nuts on the packaging, they could knock $5 off the price.

I think I'm going to have to take a nice big PASS on movie Ratchet. Pass, as in, passing a kidney stone, or a large, rectangular block of feces.

12. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    looking at Ratchet's face reminds me of Wreckar doing his Dr. Macoy impression. Very nice.

13. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you look on the back of the package, just above the arm of ratchet, you'll see it says "Automorph Forearm Cannon". hmmm, wasn't there a big discussion about morph/transform....looks like we have a little of both....

That Blaster looks so cool ( much better than the energon role play) I wonder if it will fit an adult arm, or if it will be too small?

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Maybe because other voyager figures will take more space?

Something that could have been said about several of the BW figures... :) 

15. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Ratchet's box art face looks FUGLY. But at least I'm STARTING to warm up to the toy.

As for the Prime Blaster...NICE! I kinda wish it wasn't left-handed. And I'm right-handed. Damn irony.

16. EDcomics

EDcomics Foxtail Dreamer

If that's the case, they should fill up the empty space with a free comic or something. Of course, Hasbro doesn't do stuff like that now. They just took over Marvel Legends, and the first thing they did was shrink the build-a-figure, and exclude the free comic from the Icons figures before marking the price UP five dollars.

If there was anything this ugly in Beast Wars, you can rest assured I did NOT buy it. Ugh, I feel like I need to wash my eyes now...

17. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

Probably been said a few times, but its cool they gave Prime his oldschool Trailer!

And Ratchets lookin good :D 

18. konichan

konichan Well-Known Member

Lol it's like "look grammy i'm playing with with my toy truck! vroom vroom! - and now SURPRISE!!! IM GONNA SHOOT YOU WITH A GUN! lol

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro'll make a Transformer blaster to be played with by children, but not a megatron (gun) Transformer? WTF?

Transformed

20. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I think I know why the Prime Blaster is for the left hand... your typical kid, a righty, will use his right hand to transform it around his left arm.