Movie question I'm sure has been asked before.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by kipco, Oct 21, 2007.

1. kipco

kipco Cybertronian Relastate

I'm sure this has been asked. If it's clarified in the novel please inform. How does Bumblebee suddenly have the ability to speak? Something that I thought that would have gave Makaela some validity as a character was if she was actually the one that fixed him. That could have been fantastic! That would have shown that as much as Ratchet had tried she actually could do it. It would have made all of the knowledge she had about mechanics actually mean something in a way that Sparkplug had when he would repair the bots. What do you guys know and/or think?

2. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think dramatic weight in the story overrode the story logic at this point. But it doesn't bother me too much since there are lots of ways it could have happened:

1 .Ratchet's beam that he shot at Bumblebee could've been the final treatment.
    2. Bee's contact with the Allspark could've triggered a healing process similar to how it gave Frenzy a new body.
    3. Bumblebee's injury could've made him capable of limited speech, and he was waiting for when it mattered to say something.
    4. Or maybe off screen Ratchet installed Jazz's voice stuff into Bumbles...after all Jazz didn't need to talk anymore.

3. moocow

moocow God.

What hobbes said when Bumblebee touched the Allspark it healed him. Remember when Frenzy touched the Allspark it brought him back to is original form.

It must have been the Allspark.

4. kipco

He does speak with his radio one more time after he touches the allspark though.

5. kipco

He's not Silent Bob.

6. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

I tend to favor the all spark cure idea.

But wasn't there something somewhere - maybe I'm remembering reading it from the back of the deluxe toy - that it isn't that BB can't speak, but that it's painful for him, so he doesn't. So... if it hurts him, that he labored to speak at the end to ask Prime to stay with Sam makes that moment even more meaningful.

P.S. Even Silent Bob can speak!

7. TheJedi

TheJedi Autobot

Remember when Mikaela tells him "Good shot!" after finishing Brawl?

It definately sounded like a distorted "Thank you!" from Bumblebee.
    Now this would be a hint at the slow healing process, I think.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The writers confirmed Ratchet's "plasma injection" when the Autobot's first showed up is what had healed BB's voice. They just didn't explain it. (Guess they thought it would've ruined the moment)

And yes, it was said speaking for him was painful, but at bthe end the plasma had healed him enough he could squeeze out that sentence without pain. The little metallic noices he makes are the best he can do without hurting himself.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah, like S L said, the writers confirmed it was supposedly Ratchet's treatment earlier in the movie. Which is completely retarded, I prefer to think the Allspark did it.

10. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

the allspark answer is what i assumed.i don't think it comes up in the novel and can't check mine right now.somebody...?

11. BLACK KNIGHT

BLACK KNIGHT Well-Known Member

Hehe, I didn't think of the Allspark which seems to make perfect sense, I was actually thinking that all that fighting actually set something right and he was able to talk again. Kinda like when you have some electronic component like a tv and you hit it and it starts working again....usually temporarily.

12. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'd like to say it's the Allspark that did it.

13. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    just a matter of time

when the autoots first arrived, they mentioned that the voice repair for bumblebee is just taking time. if you let the allspark do everything, the transformers will have nothing to do. the allspark helps those who help themselves.

14. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That bit with Ratchet and his healy-gizmo seems like such an afterthought.

I figured they thought it would be faux-dramatic for BB to speak at that point, so they made him do it with little thought to actually how he was able to or why he waited until then. It just makes for a predictable schmaltzy moment, even though it only manages to come off as a little creepy.