Movie Prime VS. MP Prime: What do you think???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by n_tel_ekt, Aug 20, 2007.

1. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

I just got my MP Prime (ok, 20th to be exact) and this is THE coolest TF ever! At least until I get my hands on MP Megs! Anyway, Im hoping to get Movie Prime for my B-day in October and figured this would be a good "VS." topic to discuss:

20th/MP Prime to me is the greatest TF ever because it is SOOO accurate to the
    G1 toon and everything Ive waited for in a Prime since then! The conversion is cleverly engineered; it was amazing to see that nothing in the Alt mode or Bot mode was sacrificed... I love how the snap on hands and box torso were eliminated! The front tire/rib cage coversion/design that includes movie accurate spark is brilliant! Also the pistons on the joints add to the realism and was an extra "goodie" that made this huge guy feel like a REAL collectors item not just a big ass toy (i.e. Ultra Class Starscream). This Prime is essential!!!

As for the Movie Prime, I dont have so I'll just say why Im GONNA get him. 1st off, its a super cool design for Prime as a long nose big rig in both modes... Accuracy to the movie seems great. Plus, he's big!!!... Dont know if he'll be as impressive as MP but I know it will be on my helf eventually!

Can anyone comment on size comparison to the MP version and to Alternators?

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I think there was already a thread on this, and that this should be in Toyark, butI'd have to go with Movie. MP seems easy to transform compared to LP, and MP looks too "plain", but it's more of the design that's the cause

3. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Your right, this should be in Toyark, my bad. I'll PM Mods to move.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Move Prime is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier to transform than MP Prime.

5. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Yes. Isnt it something with his torso and back legs that require alot of finicking?? He isnt like G1 where you just swing out the back cab for the arms and push down the back truck for the legs. I dont have the figure but I know that theres a certain things that are a pain in the ass with him right?? He's a MP afterall!!

6. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I thought MP Prime had less steps and was easier.

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    MP prime is pretty damned complete of a Transformer.

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Leader Prime is superior to Masterpiece Prime.

Leader Prime is as of current the best Prime we have ever had.

9. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

Masterpiece Prime and Leader Movie Prime are the two best Primes there are. I proudly display the three biggest milestones in Prime all together on my desk. I have G1 Prime in the front, 20th anniversary Prime behind him on the right, and leader movie Prime behind on the left next to MP Prime. Having the three biggest Primes in Prime history together on my desk is pretty cool. Primal was also a huge milestone, btu as he is not technically Prime, he is not with them, but he is on display nearby.

Leader Movie is great. MP Prime is great. Both transformations are about equal in difficulty to me. Movie Prime might actually be a little bit harder, but both are pretty easy to me now.

10. MrTane

MrTane Active Member

MP Prime

I would have to go with the MP Prime. I will always be a G1 fan. The Leader Prime is a great figure, but to me I think that the voyager or robovision (Same thing) is better then the Leader Prime. Hardest part of transforming the MP Prime was getting the matrix box to flip around without popping out. Or trying to get the matrix out while it has been inserted. Plus the MP Prime has a button on the back of his head so we can all act like we are really talking to him. Not that I really do that or anything :p 

11. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I got MP-01 Convoy, 20th anni. DVD Optimus Prime and Movie Leaderclass Optimus Prime. I really really like Leaderclass Optimus Prime a whole lot, but I must say that MP-01 Convoy (and DVD Optimus modified with long smokestacks) takes the crown. He's the incarnation of the greatest leader of all times - he has great "umpf" and blockiness feeling to him - something Movie Prime lacks a bit. But overall they are closely matched and both are a definete must have.

But imagine a Masterpiece Movie Optimus Prime - now that would be awesome too !

12. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I don't much like either one. Movie Leader Prime is way to chunky in the torso in bot mode, and I don't like swing arms running down his legs. MP Prime's vehicle mode is a mess, and his head has too many invented details that aren't present on either the priginal toy or the cartoon.

13. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

not got MP Prime yet but i will get one eventually although just yesturday I got movie prime and omg i love him deffinately the best figure we've had in leader class he's so possable and has some great little details I love the way his gun swings round on to his hand really cool.

14. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

Both are freat in different ways. I think it should be a draw.

15. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

MP Prime stomps Leader Movie Prime into the ground. Leader prime seems so simple to me. With his Kibbletastic tires just hangin there and his totally off proportions. MP Prime is Perfect. Voyager Prime is a better representation of the movie prime then Leader Prime.

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For a mass market release figure, leader Prime is pretty damn cool. However, MP Prime takes the cake. His face plate moves! MOVES! For some reason that blows me away.

17. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Movie Prime is nice, but MP Prime is WAY better. The movie toy has too much shit hanging off of him to be considered alongside MP Prime. He is bar none one of the best mainline Primes (still have a soft spot for Fire Convoy).

18. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Did you get the 20th Anniversary DVD version? Because if you did, whatever amount of money you paid chances are you overpaid for him.

And please use the search button. This debate's gone on for quite some time now. Mkay?

19. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'd agree that they are both great. They are on par with one another.

20. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

MP Prime is still the better out of the two in my opinion. One thing that bugs me about movie prime are that some of the truck proportions are off (yeah I know that MP Prime has similar issues). Mainly they got everything else right, except the size of the windows(too small) and the length of the main cab (too long). If you take a look at these 2 pics you'll see what I mean:

http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/14528/cat/1609

http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/15641/cat/1608