Movie Prime Toy Question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by shadow panther, May 19, 2007.

1. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    which is the better version voyager or leader? and is robovision a repaint or a whole new mold?

2. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Well between Leader and Voyager it all comes down to preference. Do you like electronics, better detail, more movie accurate transformation, and rubber wheels?? Or do you like a simpler and faster transformation, no electronics, shotguns, and IMO better bot mode?? Its up to you. And yes Robovision is repaint...well actually its not a normal repaint. I would consider it more of a "touch up", also the robovision includes a decoder.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Robovision is an exclusive repaint, it's got more metallic colours and nicer paint apps (in my opinion). I'm leaning heavily toward the Voyager due to the fact I like it's look more, the fact it will be cheaper and the huge guns.

4. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    is there any comparison pics of robovision and regular prime floating around?

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
  6. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Leader Prime has rubber tires? I didn't know that.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm definently getting the voyager version -most likely the robovision one sense it's a Target exclusive and will be easy for me to pick up sense I work there-. For me it's a preferance of four things.

1. I like the simpler transformation and the more "movie accurate" robot mode from the voyager version. While, conversly, if you prefer a more "movie accurate" transformation or a more traditional robot mode you'd prefer the leader version.

2. I love his smokestacks turning into dual shotguns rather than the "movie accurate" flip out chaing gun that the leader version has -still cool as hell though, shame there's not a version that incorporates both weapons-.

3. Voyager Prime will be about $20 cheaper and that's a big deal to a family man. :lol 

4. Sense I plan on getting leader Megatron -don't like the "ice" all over the voyager version- voyager Prime will be closer to his size in terms of movie accurate scale.

8. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I'm sticking the deluxes

9. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

I'm trying to figure out which to get too. As of now I'm leaning towards the Leader one. Although I like my figures to be somewhat accurate, the only thing I like more about the Voyager version is the robot mode. Everything else I like the leader one more

10. citcgn

citcgn Well-Known Member

I don't have Voyager yet but Leader Prime is extremely sweet. He's a great size, has perfect posability, and his transformation is very well done. He looks a little large in vehicle mode compared to the other Autobots but he's far and away the best movie figure I've found yet.

11. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

honestly the only thing i like better about the leader version than the voyager from the pics i've seen is that the leader doesn't have the "backpack" look in bot mode, but his arms look to large while the voyager version looks better perportioned, just the back bothers me. either way both versions have there pros and cons.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The only reason I want the voyager version is so I can kitbash it into Motormaster. He won't have the backpack cause he won't have the long nose anymore. :D 

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I hate the leader version. looks clunky as hell, he has truck chunks hanging off his ass, and his legs look to be really, really short in comparisson to the rest of his body.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's all personal opinion. I'm most likely going to get both Leader Prime and Megs.

15. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see why other people like the Leader figure more, from a toy perspective, but I'm going Voyager all the way, because I enjoy his slimmer, more accurate robot mode, and I'm of the opinion that despite the backpack and fake windows-on-chest-ness of the Voyager Prime, that his transformation is actually a little more accurate to the film...with the exception of the torso, Leader Prime looks like he's actually reversed the transformation of the arms and legs from the movie model.

16. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Nope. The leader Prime's grill becomes the feet. That's the way it appears to be with the movie version. The sleeper becomes arms, not legs with the movie version.

17. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Check out the new trailer. When Prime pulls up to the camera and begins to transform, the front of the cab splits in half, without the grill, and what appears to be his hands are visibly retracted inside the extended front-of-truck pieces, as seen here.

Additionally, when he strikes the pose and his mouthplate slides into position, blue flames on a red background clearly decorate his forearms (here) this is the deco on the front of the truck, not the sleeper.

So, I'm pretty sure Leader Prime's reversed the transformation of the arms and legs.

18. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Well-Known Member

I agree about the Leader Prime's transformation. The arms are definitely housed under the "hood" of the truck in the film, while the toy has the arms within the sleeper. What I can't figure out about the movie transformation is where the sleeper portion actually goes. I get where the nose goes (arms), the trailer hitch (part of the legs), the cab (torso, part of the back), but the sleeper just kind of goes away. I'm sure it's there somewhere, but without actually seeing the full transformation, we can't know for sure.

I think they had to make concessions in order to get the front wheelwell to appear on his ankle as they do in the film.

Each version has it's ups and downs. Voyager may look better from the front, with a more streamlined robot form, but he's got that fugly "backpack" where the toy simply moves the entire front of the truck out of the way rather than transforming it in any fashion. From any direction but the front, he looks like ass.

Leader, on the other hand, has a more complex transformation, with all the parts fitting onto the robot in some form rather than simply being pushed aside. The downside is that, because they can't get anywhere near the complexity of the film robot, he ends up being much more bulky.

Between the two, I'm leaning more towards the Leader Class, but I'm hoping for some sort of Ultimate or Masterpiece version that will have the even-more-ungodly-complex transformation that will give him a more movie-accurate appearance than either of the current toys do. I'd like it to be even better than the Ultimate Bumblebee, which still has some bulky spots and leftover bits that aren't movie-accurate.

19. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I think his arms are in the front, right above his legs. The leader class has that part right at least. The grill becomes feet, and the front fenders are on his ankles. I hadn't noticed the arms coming from the front before, but was already positive about the legs. So yeah, it looks like the sleeper is the mystery here. IF his arms and legs come from the front of the truck, what happens to the sleeper?

Still, I like the leader version better because it's more accurate. The grill becomes feet and the windows are on his chest. The arms may not come from the right place, but they can be faked better than the legs or chest.

20. VIZGIX

VIZGIX Smug Bastard TFW2005 Supporter

Personaly, I rate
    1st.....Robovision
    2nd....Voyager
    3rd....Lader Class