Customs: Movie Prime Papercraft

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by WuLongTi, Jul 2, 2009.

1. WuLongTi

WuLongTi Cyber Ninja Web Developer

News Credits:
    I couldn't find if this has been reported or not so I thought I would mention it:

I've found this really awesome papercraft head of movie Prime on paper-replika.com. I couldn't find the artists name though, but I believe he's planning on doing the full bot. Follow the link below to get the model.

Optimus Prime Papercraft Part 1 | Transformers

[​IMG]

I think this guy will go awesome with the '07 Movie Bumblebee by Carlos
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
  2. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

paper-replika.com eh? :D  he's a fellow Indonesian! He makes all kinds of papercraft. His wall-E papercraft was well-known by papercraft enthusiasts worldwide! I'm proud of him. Unfortunately, I forgot his name as well :( 

3. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    this is amazing. im trying to print it on a thicker paper but our printer is having a hard time recognizing it! it doesn't help that we got a new printer and no training on it...grrr... this is an IKON 550 BTW. top of the line industrial media and booklet printer.

Edit*

BINGO! got it printed on card stock AND booklet paper. not the larger pieces will be heavier and more sturdy and i can use the thinner paper for the smaller more intricate pieces!

this will keep my occupied for a while!

4. yongkykun

Once you have it finished, post the pictures here, will you? thanks.

5. elder_predator2

elder_predator2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tried the Starscream one, but just keep screwing up on it. He is very hard to do. I think I'll try Prime though.

6. revrun

revrun Energonbots roll out!

What paper would you use for this

7. WuLongTi

News Credits:
    personally I would go with cardstock. I've just finished doing a cliffjumper skin for Carlos' Bumblebee model. Once I finish putting that together I'm going to start on Prime here. Though I may decide to do an Ultra Magnus Skin for it first :D 

8. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    I've been working on one with what little time I've had. haven't gotten far at all really. the glue I'm using take a few minutes to set and some of the cylinder pieces are a real bitch to keep in place. once i get more time (tonight i hope) ill use some other holding tools to help out, otherwise it's going to take me a year to finish it!

i have absolutely no experience with LED lights but i would love to add them to the eyes. anyone got any suggestions on where to pick some up?

9. WuLongTi

News Credits:
  10. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    Is anyone else working on one of these? im stuck! there is a part on the second instruction page that is calling to add parts 38,39,40 and 41. it makes the top front of his helmet. the problem is the instructions are showing a piece that seems incomplete when you put it together (part 38) the blue middle top section. i cannot find another part anywhere that matches or looks like it once it's assembled! there seems to be no way to finish this papercraft :( 

11. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im working on Bumblebee too, started with the legs and have almost finished one wheel and assembly. lol. At this rate I may finish by the 3rd movie.

12. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    i gave up on the prime head. i ask questions over at paperkraft and they were never answered. that piece is flawed i believe. it's missing some needed areas in order to continue.

13. yongkykun

try asking them in Indonesian. Or if you can't speak Indonesian, ask around in their forum. They have an English thread just for non-Indonesian.

14. nav

nav Active Member

15. WuLongTi

News Credits:
    yeah, I don't like that the components don't transform though.. you can assemble them as a construction vehicle OR a body part, but not both. I'm nearly finished w/ my G1 Scrapper by PaperTang and I can't decide whether to start this Movie Prime, or my CliffJumper skin for Movie Bumblebee...

16. nav

nav Active Member

Have you done the bumblebee?I don't think that I can do another one of the same model.

17. WuLongTi

News Credits:
    no I havn't done Bee, I felt compelled to do a CliffJumper redeco a while back and have yet to print that out either. I've also been considering an Ultra Magnus redeco of this Movie Prime but I'd really rather not have to photoshop the PDFs if I don't have to. Maybe Julius will provide me w/ access to his PDOs if I tell him what I have planned...

18. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

Wow!

19. cerebrave

cerebrave Member

hi...
    I designed this devastator :) 

@WuLongTi
    Well.. yes.. sorry, my devastator is not actually "transforms" as what transformers should do. here are few reason that I have in mind:
    1. Its paper. yeah basically because the nature of the paper, when they become toy, have joints, they would wear and tear. you wouldn't enjoy it for long, and toy breakes.
    2. I refer to the great model of my friends Julius's Paper Optimus, or Carlos's Bee, or the starscream, they just dont transforms. (though mine is absolutely can't be compared to those great models)
    3. Since the transforming thing is a very beautiful idea, I tried to design a transforming member of Superion Maximus, did some retouch with real-life airplane model. However when I tried to build the papercraft, it just frustates me. hence I discontinued this for now, hold them unreleased.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If in any way you would like to have terradive/fireflight, and try to build them, let me know, send me an email to hobikit.kertas [at] yahoo.com.

20. WuLongTi

News Credits:
    Oh wow, hi! Please don't take what I said as a slight in any way. I really like your design and have added the 3 that you have released to my digital collection and plan on adding the others. It kinda has an animated feel to it. I totally understand the complexity of trying to make a transforming papercraft, especially one as complex as the movie devs so I don't fault you in anyway. Just would have been nice you know? (or if it had articulation) But I totally understand.

The warthog in gray reminds me of Leader-1 from the GoBots...

Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing more stuff from you :)