Movie Prime: Leader vs. Voyager

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Renidragon, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Okay. Everyone's saying how awesome Movie Prime is... I've heard fantastic praise about how awesome both Leader Prime is (which I read on the boards), or how awesome Robo-Vision Prime is (which I heard via AIM).

So yeah. I was actually planning to get the entire movie cast EXCEPT Prime and Megatron, but now, it seems, I have to get Prime. Which will mean Megatron will follow.

Scale is a MINOR consideration. My first consideration when wondering about a toy is how fun it is to transform. Ironhide, for example, is a BAMF. I love his look, both in Topkick and bot mode. I love the automorph. I love the articulation. The transformation, though... love it, but there's a few too many tricks (positioning the arms to swivel the chest, lining up his hips and waist for alt mode)... Ratchet on the other hand... His face is ugly. His weapon sucks. However, aside from the little bit of floppiness you get when going from bot to alt mode (when pegging the panels behind the doors to the legs), he's so much fun to transform, and for that, I love the guy.

These are just for some example of my taste.

So... should I go with Voyager Prime and Megatron? Or should I work a few extra hours one week and go with Leader Prime and Megaton? Because if I get one, I'm getting the other to match. :) 

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Of the Prime's, Leader Prime is most certainly the best. It is not only the definitive movie prime from the line..but probably the definitive figure from the land.

Megs...I'll just say I dislike the leader figure less than his voyager.

3. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I have a problem with having a Prime figure without a matching Megatron figure. :( 

I don't like that OCD-ness.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    If you have to go with Megs get Leader.

Still horribly ugly, still has a half assed alt mode...but it:
    1) Doesn't have that horrible ice all over it
    B) Matches with Leader Prime better

5. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    If you are looking for a smooth awesome transformation go for Leader OP.
    While I love the Voyager Megatron so much even though it is a ugly piece of shit, get the Leader version.

6. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    get both robovision and leader class Prime

7. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I think both transformations are up your alley...Leader is a little bit of a pain when it comes to getting the nose aligned and the voyager's legs are a little floppy at times.

After that, it depends on what you're looking for. Robovision has a bit of a backpack, but it gives him a cleaner robot mode which, by virtue of being slimmer, looks more like the movie model to me. The leader has the tire skirt and kibble hanging off all over the place, but that is the movie design's fault to some extent and it makes him look bulky rather than really looking like kibble. It might be more accurate in the details, but to me, it doesn't look as in shape or cut the same sillouette as the movie model.

They're both solid toys, so you're not going to go wrong...I like them, but I'm not as enamored as a lot of people are. They fall behind SS and Ratchet for me.

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Leader Prime - no contest. It has all the perks: great & interesting transform without being overly complicated, size accurate compared to the Deluxes & Voyagers, more accurate transform than the Voyager version, big thick rubber tires, some great automorph bells & whistles, excellent 'bonus' arm canon, decent articulation, and generally a toy that feels, weighs & looks like a quality product worth more than it actually is.

And simply for the sake of consistency, get Leader Megs over the plastic ice covered Voyager version. More or less for all the same reasons as Leader Prime.

9. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I recommend Leader versions for both characters.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, Leader versions for both Optimus and Megs!

11. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Prime and Megatron are the reasons that there is a 'Leader' class.