Movie prequel pages at Newsarama

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Denyer, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

[edit] Due out February 21st. [/edit]

They've overdone the compression a bit, IMO.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=100548

Still readable, but trust me that everything's gonna be much clearer on the page.

edit: Actually, it's mainly the last page that's come out with JPEG artifacts.

edit:

Something seems to have gone awry with the text over page five in the images Newsarama posted, so I've substituted the page I received... bear in mind that all of these preview images are advance copies, so they may have been spliced/reflowed/corrected, etc.

Image mirror:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Or higher quality files here:

http://tfarchive.com/comics/idw/previews.php?dgallery=browse&page=movieprequel

2. littleiron

littleiron Little I.N.S.A.N.E IroN

News Credits:
    Don's black/n white pages are full of love.....~

3. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Intruiging and very portentious. I don't see how the movie story can be "crap" when it's tying into a story this epic and sweeping, but hey, that's just me being an eternal optimist.

The artwork is suitably atmospheric too - Almost 'gothic' in it's portrayal of a ravaged world. I don't consider anything from Marvel, Dreamwave or IDW (prior to this) to have been this evocative.

4. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

Damn, I was just going to post this. It is still possible for the movie to be crap plot-wise, though. Never underestimate the power of Hollywood to screw up.

5. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The "Allspark" is covered with tribal tattoos.

How very uninspired.

6. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Maybe it's the other way round: Maybe tribal tatoos are born of exposure to the Allspark, given how long it's been on Earth?

Inspired!

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Wow.

Very, very cool. I'll be picking this up.

8. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

Are these mirrored anywhere? I'm blocked from Newsarama at the office. :( 

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You get TFW, but are blcoked from Newsarama? Weird. Pages look sweet, though. Looking forward to this.

10. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

Our net blockers are ridiculously inconsistent.

11. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

whats up TF Fans I am brand new here , we need to see more of those pics , only if they were more detailed

12. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Well at this rate, even if the movie's plot bites, it will be part of a decent overarching story. Still, gives me a little more hope for the movie, and I was already pretty hopeful.

13. gdpwatson

gdpwatson Well-Known Member

I've only seen a handful of Dreamwave comics since the good old days of Marvel UK G1! I have to say whilst the DW comics were not bad they certainly lacked the storytelling of the old school title!

Things look good for the prequel title so far and it'll be interesting to get used to the Formers in their protoform modes only to have them in their reformated modes for the movie!

I think i'll try and pick this one up when it gets released.

p.s. Hey there OptimusPrimeFour! I'm new too (although i've been a visitor of the site since early last year)... let's push for that post count to get to 1,000!

14. Llama G0d

Llama G0d Six-winged god of llamas

Yeah, couldn't agree more. This definitely has the same feel as the first issue of the original Marvel run, which is a good thing. (Although without the bit about naturally occuring gears and levers - shame. ;-) ) Definitely setting up an air of mystery and portent, which is quite nice considering that we've been here for 23 years, and we think we know it all now. I do like it.

And a very nice tip to the old Marvel comics - "All dialog translated from the original Cybertronian." That makes me very happy... :) 

Hey, maybe this movie won't suck after all..? ;-)

15. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Page 5 has the same dialog on page 2, good thing it's not finished. I kinda like it. If this is how they're taking the TFs in the movie, it might actually work out just fine.

16. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    anyone notice they reused the same thought bubbles on 2 pages....hopefully they fix that....but other then that, im excited....

ah...cappeca posted just before i hit post....

17. FREEWAY

FREEWAY Banned

Eh, ok... so Spike will be running holding this.. .All Spark, a silly Energon-looking cube that sparks (no pun intended) the war coming to Earth. To me it seems like a weak way to make the decepticons fight, without simply being war-crazy violent, destructive conquerors. Not like how this is starting out. I could be wrong, but the elements creating the story seem tame in order for a battle to breakout about this "all spark". Sounds like someone may have to change their web page name too... The environmental look is great, but... I have a friend who had a comic book store as a certain name registered for a LONG time (since 1992-93), then out of the blue some company from the New England area came out of nowhere about 3 years ago (around 2003ish) wanting to sue him because of domain name issues. And my friend didn't even HAVE a web site! And now he's forced himself to change the name of his store to avoid being sued by those people. (The strangest disaster). (sorry went off topic there, but noticing the "cube" being called All Spark just makes me concerned for their web page. )

18. JoshBot

JoshBot Well-Known Member

Man, Don & Josh have seriously stepped up their artwork. It was great before, but this is on par with the best stuff Marvel & DC puts out.

The writing doesn't look too hot so far, though. Interesting set up for the story, but that prose is trying way too hard to be literate and wordy.

19. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's pretty cool. I don't know how I feel about them not being able to leave a certain distance from the Allspark, kind of puts them on a leash from being allowed to travel certain distances, like to other planets for long periods. Unless, they're just saying that it's neccessary that it stays on Cybertron, that's easier to take I suppose.
    Other than that it's got me excited.

20. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Uh, did I miss something? I don't see where it says the Transformers can't be more than a certain distance from the Allspark.