movie popularity and scalper problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by KA, Aug 10, 2007.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    being a former SW collector, i was familiar with this problem, but it seems since the movie pushed Tf back into public consciousness im now having to face this problem with a different toyline. case in point:

- leader brawl was released at local TRUs on wednesday. they were gone by thursday. a friend of mine actually witnessed 1st hand one dude buying 4 units, asked the dude prior chkout, can i have one? dude was like 'sorry, not enough', wtf? and sure enough you can see these marked up 30% on ebay.com.my.

- sdcc alt rodimus. never even seen em at TRU. reports at jusco (a dept. store) where dudes bought 2 cases, basically cleaning em off the shelf and marking em 100% on again, ebay.com.my.

you wanna know how bad it is? TRU and jusco kuala lumpur has at least half a dozen outlets respectively. it sucks mang.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Leader Brawl was released in Canada?

When you think we'll see him stateside?

Anyways...yeah, I blame a lot of my not being able to find what I am looking for (08 BB, Leader Megs) on scalpers.

Hasbro was far from prepared for this.

3. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

man scalpers straight at the source............

hopefully a year will go by and universe wont be bought up by little kids and popularity will drop.

4. Bumble Prime

yes...........kuala lumpur, ontario

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i think hasbro did their part. leader brawl is half a case, concept bumble is 1/8 a case which is decent assortment. im just hoping hasbro meets demand that way screwing over scalpers and their inflated prices.

id file a complaint with either TRu/jusco, but im not sure they can do anything abt it. ive seen TRU implement a 2 fig per customer rule for reish soundwave, but even then there are ways of getting around it. scalpers are even known to hire staff get around that rule.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :lolol 

7. neek_buster

neek_buster The One Man Army

News Credits:
    Well my friend, things aren't so wonderful here in the US either, almost a barren wasteland of TF in every store

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Which saddens me to this day.

Many a store I have gone to has bare shelves...BARE!

9. Bumble Prime

yeah im starting to cross over into Joe territory since the drought............

which leads me to wonder why hasbro has never tapped the goldmine that would be a transformers/gi joe crossover line regardless of previously predicted low sales because of large vehicles/ small gi joes......

if youre a transfan its almost like youre automatically a joe fan......its all half hour toy commercials imprinted on us at a key developmental stage in our lives lol

i mean our tfw accounts even work at hisstank.com lol

10. Suture

Suture Medic

That just amused the hell out of me right now. I just had to try it and the fact that it worked made me laugh.

But, yeah, the fact that we're dealing with a lack of product and that scalpers are out in force is really frustrating. The empty pegs and shelves make me a sad panda.

11. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    I live in the same country as KA and let me tell you this, the scalpers even hired ppl as their runners to scout places and buy them by bulks the moment they see it. Arseholes.

12. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's really annoying. 08 BB is being scalped to shit over here. I'm kind of losing interest in TF's at the moment. Too much effort for NO pay off.

13. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am importing new 'Bee. I gave up on retails...I am hoping most of those movie toys have gone to happy kids instead of scalpers :(  I mean, there can be other means for adult fans like us, but I hate to think of dissappointed children.

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yeah, concept bumble is scalped the hell here too. shops practically have waiting lists. one time i called up TRU, was actually chking on another toy but the staff immediately responded 'sorry, no bumbles. only the lame ones are left' i shit you not.

15. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

This is pretty much why I've decided to stop worrying about new release toys and just go back to my G1/BW roots. Can't scalp toys that aren't in production anymore.

I'll pick up an '08 BB when I see it, but it can wait. I don't see Hasbro deciding to stop shipping him any time soon. Same with leader Brawl.

16. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Wait, what?!? Leader Brawl was released?!? O_O

And here I thought TRU merely restocked on Deluxes that no one wants. Leader Brawl is completely GONE!

...oh well, I wanted the Desert one anyway...

But if this keeps up, it's going to frustrate everyone to no end...

EDIT: So it is true... Just got off the phone with a few hobby shops. Leader Class Brawl is completely gone... Makes me wish I had been more vigilant about calling them up everyday to inquire about new stock.

17. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

I think if I see another guy walk out with a case of TFs from Target, I'm gonna jump him, take one and leave him the retail price of it in pennies. ):( 

18. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah scalping is getting really bad and ridiculous in Toronto right now. It has started with the 08BBs, I worry if MP Starscream hits walmarts here. One guy who posted on cybertron.ca just to sell was seen posting elsewhere that he went to all 120 stores that sell transformers in Toronto (the GTA) on a scalping mission. Ebay.ca is just clogged with 08BB after 08BB after alt Prime after 08BB...sigh, it's crazy how obtaining TFs is becoming like obtaining meth.

And I think some of you heard about the guys with 40 of each alternator.

Here's a thread from over there on the scalpers:

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=3088&page=10

19. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I think its good to educate the kids on this young, my little brother and all his friends are fully aware of what a scalper is now after they way they've been hitting up our local stores, and they hate them with a passion. Heck, I know a fourth grader who can ID five of the biggest scalpers who hit up the stores in the springs. Its pretty sad really, but hopefully this'll prevent them from ever even thinking about doing crap like this.
    DN

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

We should be scalpers too. The other kind.

We'll walk around with scalpels and scalp the scalpers.

Hey, is that 5 Rodimus's I see there *scaaaalp*

"ah my eye my eye!"