Movie Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by knook, Oct 20, 2007.

1. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    which one is the best version of Movie Prime, and i have 2 questions about them
    1) i already have Leader Prime, is it worth getting Voyager Prime?
    2) which one do you find is more in-scale in Vehicle mode to the others VOyager or Leader?

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I think Leader is more in scale

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I have the Robovision Optimus and like his design a lot. I am getting the Leader Nightwatch version hopefully for Christmas or thereabouts. With a choice of colours of both scales, you can get both, as different guys.

4. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

I recently bought the Voyager class figure at my local Wal-Mart and I'm fairly pleased with it. It has incredible articulation (including wrist-articulation which the Leader class figure lacks), nice detailing, and cool weapons. Personally, I think the appearance of the Leader class figure in bot mode is better, but I like the Voyager's vehicle mode better. The Voyager definitely has better weapons than the Leader along with cooler automorph. While I would like to have the Leader, I would never buy it. I hate electronic gimmicks and I don't want to spend the extra money for them.
    I have some problems with the Voyager as well. In Vehicle mode, the back of the cab lacks silver or grey paint and has two small, rectangular holes that reveal robot kibble. The vehicle also doesn't look all that true to the actual truck in the movie; mainly because it lacks the orange-yellow tint that the red is supposed to have in it. The transformation, while fun, brings up what I really dislike about the figure. Most of the robot mode is simply hidden in cavaties within the vehicle rather being made up of parts from it. Half of the truck becomes a backpack (although it doesn't look too out of place).
    The Leader class figure is definitely more in scale with most of the Autobot movie figures though.

5. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

i only have leader-class. what i dont like about voyager-class prime is that the front of the truck becomes his backpack. both have pros and cons. i like voyager prime's robot mode (except for the backpack) and i like leader prime's truck mode. plus i think leader prime is much more to scale if you line him up with the other voyager figures and deluxes, just as in the movie that he and megatron are the 2 big guys. if i had extra $$$ i would buy voyager prime, but for now, im content with leader prime. hope this helps.

6. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

What is the difference between the Robovision or regular Voyager Optimus?

7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Both are definately worth getting.

8. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Slightly brighter paint job with silver accents instead of the flat gray.

9. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i prefer the leader but the voyager mold is worth owning too, it is very cool.

10. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I think the RV has more flames, and IIRC a brighter blue plastic

11. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes.

Leader Prime's scale is closer in robot mode, Voyager's scale is closer in vehicle mode. Movie prime does a lot more "expanding" during Transformation than you can pull off in a toy.

Watch the movie and you'll see that Prime and Ironhide's vehicles are almost exactly the same size, but there are shots when they're in Sam's yard and mourning Jazz where you can see Prime's robot mode towers over Ironhide's.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Leader is deffinately more accurate and in scale. Plus he's loads of fun. Voyager is fun, but not very accurate compared to leader Prime, but they're both different toys.

I suggest sticking with Leader Prime, but if you have the money, and there's noone else that interests you, go ahead.

Voyager Prime is not in scale with Ironhide. Ironhide isn't quite the right size for either, he's just a little too small for Leader, but way too big for Voyager. Ratchet and Bumblebee however are in perfect scale, and Jazz is pretty close with Leader Prime. (Jazz is way too big) Also, characters like Longarm, Devastator (Leader Brawl) Barricade and Swindle (and Megatron) are also in scale with Leader Prime.

You can tell by useing these two pictures that Prime is in scale with almost everyone except poor Ironhide. If IH had bigger wheels he would be a lot closer. (Not to mention look better, especialy with long stacks)

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I have Robovision Voyager Prime and Leader Prime is superior in just about every way. And yes, Leader is closer to being in scale than Voyager. If you have money to blow, go ahead and get Voyager Prime...the hidden driver gimmick and the guns are nice little perks...but otherwise just stick to Leader Prime. It's MUCH better.

14. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Leader Prime's more in-scale, yes. With the rest of the Autobots. With the Decepticons? Not so much. Voyager Prime's actually more to scale with Leader Megs (Prime's only 28 feet tall. Megs is 35 feet tall) so there's a pretty large discrepancy between the size of the two leaders. For Leader Megs to be in-scale with Leader Prime, he'd have to be almost a foot tall instead of his current 10 inches.

15. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Neither are even close to being accurate, but the Leader version is scaled better. I find the robot mode a mess though, the profile of the movie model is perfect and the leader version misses it by 5 miles.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That is false. The Leader version has pretty much all the details the movie version has. , just not in the exact form of the CGI model. The fenders and tires on the legs, the chest sections, smokestacks and cab as torso, the feul tanks on the back, the head, the upper arms, all have details that come very close. Voyager isn't as lucky, mostly due to the back and legs. Plus, it's head isn't as nice looking as Leaders.

17. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I have Leader class, Robovision and Voyager class Optimus Prime. Leader is definetely the best, then comes Voyager class and last Robovision... I prefer Voyager over robovision because his chest has actually has all windshields painted, which Robovision hasn't and i think that looks awkward in robot mode - silver painted or not.

18. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I said profile, not detail. Prime is tall and somewhat slender.

19. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Leader Class Prime is more in scale. Very nice looking bot with a good transformation.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I remember someone on the boards saying that LP's legs are actually longer in proportion to his chest and arms than VP. The tires just make them look fat