Movie Optimus Prime Spotted (TF2 Related?)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by RowdyHavokRolla, Apr 2, 2008.

1. RowdyHavokRolla

RowdyHavokRolla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    WICKED! although i think we all knew Ops was gonna be in the sequel. but still, this is good news that it's filming!

and also it's pretty funny that the truck towing i is the exact same kind of truck lol

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Cool!

4. BamBam25

BamBam25 Well-Known Member

Not bad at all...

Things are heating up. I for one am hoping for Ultra Magnus, Hound maybe, and Mirage.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I remember a time when cape rags like Wizard and Toyfare and sites like these had no time for TFs.

Yay, Prime truck! They should haul his butt to Cincinatti! :D 

6. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    aww man prime got his smokestacks clipped for safety regulations

7. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

that kinda confirms that leaked script was not fake yay optimus however i am still not forgiving bay for killing off jazz

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2008
  8. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Badass! I will be following this like a short skirt.

9. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The truck has been worked on. At Botcon several of the wheelnuts from the front left side were missing, these pictures show it with different longer wheelnuts

Funny about the smoke stacks, probably worried some kid will have his eye out on them!

Hitch

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    What? No it doesn't, not in the least.

This proves nothing other than vehicles are being transported somewhere, don't get all excited just yet people.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you're talking about the leaked treatment than it's something that was handed in to them, but not something that they plan on using. And, even if it were, it's not indicative of the entire plot as it's just a treatment and not a script. A treatment is basically a rough outline for a script... and considering how many times a script will get revised I'd say that going by the treatment alone of what will happen and who will & won't appear is jumping the gun.

What we do know:
    • The treatment was stated to be something official that was handed into them, but not something that they plan on using as they already had their writing staff -it is possible however that the writers could use pieces of it, but that's pure speculation-.
    • Bay has stated in at least two interviews that work has continued on the movie even without the writers -he's serious about making his deadline- and that he's been jotting down ideas while the writers were on strike. More than likely Bay did his own treatment for the writers to use once they got back.
    • It has also been stated that ILM (the special effects company involved with the movie) has complete the majority -if not all, I forget the exact wording used- on the CGI models of the robots. This strongly implies that they already knew who they wanted in this film for the most part and already have those characters designed.
    • Bay has stated that things will keep moving forward even as the writers are writing the script. Which could imply that he intends to film the movie as the script is being written (which is what happened when filming started on PotC 2 & 3... the script was only half written when they started filming the movie).

I think that's everything that's been 'officially stated' at some point... along with the speculation that such statements bring.

12. Poho

News Credits:
    oh moon man, always the pessimist.
    good point, but the 3 barricade stunt cars were also being moved a couple of days ago...so i wonder if it's a coincidence or not.

13. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Hate to have to complain with my first ever post, but that kind of talk is NOT APPRECIATED. I don't care where you heard it, or how dodgy the source probably was; bluntly spewing out potential spoilers about a film that isn't coming out for 18 months and hasn't even been CAST yet is so far from acceptable that it beggars belief. Where's your common sense, man?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2008
  14. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Maybe he's coming to the 105/110 freeway interchange to find bonecrusher's head.
    (For those who don't know: 405 intersects with the 105, which intersects with the 110)

15. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Maybe he's coming to the 105/110 freeway interchange to find bonecrusher's head.
    (For those who don't know: 405 intersects with the 105, which intersects with the 110)

16. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    With all the false claims and conclusions, somebody has bring things back down to reality.

IF they are using the same truck again, that really sucks IMO - unless they blow it up and give him a new form. I don't want a million MORE repaints out of TF2, I want all new molds dammit!

17. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Optimus Prime was going to be in Transformers 2 regardless of leaked script treatments or writer's strikes or ANYTHING. Hell, it could be a remake of the '86 movie for all it mattered, but Prime would have been in there somewhere no matter what. This proves nothing, except perhaps that the movie is filming, and not even that is certain just from Prime and Barricade being moved around.

18. Poho

News Credits:
    ---

19. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Admittedly doesn't confirm much, but still interesting to see them moving things around, without cover.
    The smoke stacks i think would have been removed for transport since its such a large truck and the potencial hazzard with low bridges.

20. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Good news is that work on the sequel is underway. I hope Ironhide and Ratchet get more screentime in the sequel as they definatley seemed pushed aside. Plus I hope the Decepticons actually have more of an involved plot.