Movie Optimus Prime Poster At Magic - Image Rehosted In First Post

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by hop2pop, Aug 31, 2006.

1. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Yeah the cab was used for his shoulder's on his back...

I called it out a couple week's ago on my concept art of movie prime lol!!!!!

2. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But why keep posting on that is well? Seriously, bashing bashers seems to grow stale as well, yes?

I would honestly say that the "morons" make up a super small percentage of the fanbase here.

I do not consider people passionately expressing their opinions (myself included when I saw what "Megatron" is going to look like) the same as those stating that Bay and company should take a spin on a pitchfork.

3. OmegaVPrimus

I dont think any1 on this forum is " passionate" about TF movie.......

Of course if some1 is that pissed off to put down a megatron desighn, they may need a little wake up call because they are 6 year's behind schedule

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God Damn, that looks fine!

5. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, your post does not make any sense to me at all.

6. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Awesome.

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    That design rocks, BFG FTW!
    The feet, they are very similar to those of the reverse-legged machines in the Mechwarrior games. Big, wide feet, designed to support massive amounts of weight, and be able to support the impact of said object doing something like running or jumping.

I can't wait to see Prime laying the smack-down on some 'Cons.

8. OmegaVPrimus

Sorry just woke up (-_-)

9. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to hump that design, does that make me gay for prime?

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, we don't because no matter how badly "you" end up hating a show, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, you still buy the toys (I know, I know, some "fans" already said they won't, but most will), and what's a five-buck ticket to Hasbro when you will spend 200 on the movie toys and extras just to collect!!!

11. OmegaVPrimus

It might make you a g@y robot lover.......Bush will be sorley dissapointed in you lol!!!

That or bush prolly would make some more law's on g@y based marriage's.

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

No freaking politics, even in jest, is it that hard to understand?!

13. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I give it a hearty..."meh."

Looks better than some of the Primes we've had (Machine wars comes to mind). Proportions are much better. Flames don't bother me in robot mode. Recognizable vehicle parts adorn his robot mode which is a plus, too.

But, I ain't too keen on the "armored Terminator" look. The transformations are gonna be ridiculously too complex...great for big-screen eye candy, but terrible for actual combat situations where more parts = more parts to break. The gun looks sillier than the MIB guns; at least MIB knew it was all a joke.

BTW, did Prime steal the ears off Batman's cowl?!

Overall, Prime is worlds better than expected. But, I still think these designs are sub-par.

Where do YOU get your movie tickets?! I'm paying almost double!!

14. BetaSword

BetaSword Well-Known Member

Ok, now i'm fine with Optimus Prime, i think at least this design fits well enough for me.

And your reason sounds like you figured out their design-problems for giving Prime his color-sceme.

BTW: His eyes sem to be golden, which fits Prime very well.

15. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not too shabby...damnit I just got the other poster at Wizard World...looks like I will be hunting down another one before too long

16. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm still 'iffy' on everything else, but I'm pretty much sold on Prime now.

And I want that gun mounted on my car for rush hour.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I like the designs, with the exception of Megatron.

18. rey_s

rey_s Member

possible tranformation sequence for prime?

sorry bout this, but I am actually beginning to see how prime would transform into a long nose. this is my take on how he could transform...

1. the long nose is his arms - via weird binaltechy origami
    2. Shoulders can be pushed inward to the cab
    3. torso and body etch - cab on the truck
    4. legs - underchassis of the truck?
    5. feet - part of the front grill and bumper (the wheels at the ankles kinda make me think that way)
    6. i would imagine that his legs and feet would fold under his body kinda like what the old g1 brawn minibot did for those familiar with the figure. and maybe g1 construcon bone crusher.

rest are sliding kibble. his gun could be the driveshaft to the rear wheels ?

19. MurderinGangsta

MurderinGangsta New Member

Hey I've been real skeptical on these designs, I never collected toys or payed any attention to the series after G1 (cos I grew up and you know that "hey I can't have toys now I want to go out underage drinking" type of thing)

I accept that stuff is going to be changing for this movie, it's understandable, I think that black out looks f*cking kick ass and I must say that I really like the look of prime, I was alittle concerned that he would be all forehead but that poster does look the mutts nutz, and with Cullen doing the voice, oh yes!
    Hell I actually like Bumble bee too.

But Megatron....*sigh* what happened man, I see the "justification" (i.e. Alien Robot wooo strange) but he is still just a human perception of what is Alien.
    Considering that this movie is based upon source matieral that is very iconic and a big part of the adult target generation's child hood you'd think that maybe he'd opt out of trying to interpret realism from a movie about giant alien robots that turn into cars and simply work on making some updated but very similar versions of the classic characters that LOOK REAL beacause of the special effetcs being mega bucks.
    I mean if these are aliens right and look totally alien (which they don't really it's still a bipedal humanoid concept) then why the hell is scorponok called SCROPONOK and he looks like a scorpion?? if they can chew it down for Scorponok and make him close to the spirit of the original then why not the ICONIC MEGATRON?
    Oh and whats the bettign the Tranformers will all speak english all the time.
    It's a flippin movie, a certain suspension of beleif is required for any action movie really, especially one involving giant robots, but if it's true to the original then I for one (and surely all the fans) will suspend dibeilef in the face of incredible feelings of nostalgia and joy as they become 5 years old again (or similar) just like when I saw Superman Returns (the whooshing credits, the iconic John WIlliams scroe, man I grinned the whole way through).

But all things considered I am pissing my pant over this movie and can't wait for it to come out, for all bays critisim he knows how to do mulchy heroism and massive explosions, and I think that fits this movie pretty well.

BUT if I could change things, Sam Raimi would be my choice to direct cos he has done such an awesome job on Spiderman.

Say has any one thought that they might get Aerosmith to rehash the touch? ROFL

I wish they'd get Stan Bush back in for an "homage"

20. johnlogic

johnlogic Well-Known Member

I'm going to say something positive about the movie, so every one sit down. I'm ok-ish with this prime. I give it a 4 out of 10. The gun is silly, but what ever. Every thing else from the movie gets a solid 0 out of 10 how ever. And Michael Bay gets a 0 out of 10 in life.