Movie Optimus Prime is the best version

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeX47, Jul 4, 2011.

1. OptimusPrimeX47

OptimusPrimeX47 Well-Known Member

I have come to conclusion that my favorite Optimus is movie version.
    Brave, noble, powerful, and not afraid to rip the Decepticons a new one.
    This is a true hero.
    My opinion anyway, I feel like movie Optimus has all the best qualities of G1 Prime with the addition of being a bad@ss fighter capable of killing anything that stands in the way, more so in the way of freedom.

2. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I prefer the G1 version myself, but I love this Optimus Prime. He get's stuff done on his own! :D 

3. Rodimus25

Rodimus25 Well-Known Member

Yeah.. I think movie Prime is pretty much G1 Prime. It's just here in a live action movie you get to see what really happens in an alien civil war, they are allowed to show you in more graphic detail .

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I might not be the biggest fan of how movie OP looks, but Optimus is finally a bad-assed mother****er.

5. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Movie OP is a weaker crappy devian-tart fan fic version of G1 OP. Right now I can only think of two scenes where I felt like I was watching a true Optimus Prime: the one when he says "sorry my bad," and the one where he says "you'll never stop at one. i'll take you all on." A couple fringe moments include: the one where he kills bonecrusher, the one where he's monologging on top of Hoover Dam and the one where he says "pull over."

Crappy and fan fic is a bit redundant huh?

EDIT: omg how could i forget "give me your face."

6. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I love his design, and I love the parts where he's not on a killing spree. :lol 
    I've yet to see DOTM, but the poor choice of words he used during some kills in ROTF really didn't feel right to me for the character.

Before some dickwad is going to claim I'm against Optimus killing Cons: I'm not. Just saying in advance. :) 

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

optimus prime likes to store the faces in the back of the trailer i suspect. :lol 

8. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't like him as a character, but I do like his unintentionally hilarious lines and the memes that sprout from them.

9. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Clearly you are, you probably hate freedom and puppies, too.

10. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Don't forget America! :lol 

11. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Well duh.

12. jclauterback

jclauterback Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

but here is the thing bays optimus would be considered a terrorist to his race, choosing to protect humans while preventing the decpticons from finding a source of energon, "which both sides need to survive" bringing cybertron back to its glory, thus making the transformers them selfs a dieing bread. so yeah i mean imagine chuck norris kickin everyone's ass because we eat animals and use fossil fuels. lol not to mention he has a thing for ripping heads off and thats just a little nutty in its self. but he is still a bad ass.

13. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    I'm in the same boat as you, my friend

14. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Giving into anger isn't the Prime I know and goes against his character. Ultra Magnus I could see doing this but Prime has always been the more rational autobot. Prime went all bi-polar on us.

15. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    I kind of like movie Prime a little more than the other versions of him. He is just a "takes no bullshit" leader.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Movie Prime is near the bottom of my list of Primes.

G1 Prime had all the problems of cartoon heroes in the 80's, but at least he had the idea that he could save both Earth and Cybertron. It seemed like he wanted peace but it wasn't peace at any price so there were always those lines that Prime would not cross.

Animated Prime was pretty cool because the idea of a young Prime was just so different than the idea of the wise old Prime who always knew what to do and how to be a leader. An interesting idea of watching Prime grow into the great hero instead of starting out as the great leader.

Not too deep into Transformers Prime yet, but so far I like the take on him.

Movie Prime seems too quick to doom others just so he can win like shove the thing my species needs to survive into my chest just so Megatron can't win. Or let the humans do what they want to Bumblebee because my troops aren't that important.

17. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    As a character, I think he departs a little too much from what made the original G1 Prime so great. The Movie Prime is a little too much badass and not quite noble enough. His motivations are pure, but his actions are a little too over the top. I could definitely do w/o the shooting downed adversaries.

However, I will admit that quite a lot of the Movie Prime is just that, badass. His fighting skills are amazing. Add on top of that the coolest looking Prime there has even been and he is my favorite Prime as well.

18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Movie Prime just isn't hamstrung by FCC Censors that G1 Prime was.

I think too many people look to that kids' cartoon aspect when deriving a sense of character or morality from OP.

19. OptimusPrimeX47

OptimusPrimeX47 Well-Known Member

The fact is though, he is not afraid to fight in what he believes in. He lost Ironhide and was betrayed by Sentinel his mentor. There is alot of things that was going through his mind and paved way for the ultimate warrior inside of him.

20. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Pretty much.