Movie Novels

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MicroCracker, Dec 2, 2007.

1. MicroCracker

MicroCracker Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think in that 2-year gap between the movie and the sequal they should do some other novels? I mean, I assume they wouldn't wanna do anything to contradict the sequal, but considering the differences anyway, that might not be a problem. Personally, I think an interesting idea for a novel would be a story about Megatron's rise to power and the formation of the Decepticons. Hell, they could do an entire trilogy about the war on Cybertron, starting with his greed and creation of an army, and ending with the launching of the Allspark and his arrival on Earth, and the launch of the Decepticon and Autobot ships. Or maybe have the Toy-only characters landing on earth in other areas and having conflicts, like Arcee, Cliffjumper, and Towline being lead by Evac, and fighting agains the Lensheads lead by Wreckage. or maybe characters headed to Earth encountering Starscream. Really, there is a LOT of stuff they could do for novels, just to hold us over until the sequal (I mean, besides Animated).

2. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised by more prequel novels. Canonicity would be an issue though.

3. MicroCracker

MicroCracker Well-Known Member

Which is why I think prequels/unused toy characters would be better, they'd mess with continuity less.

4. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Well-Known Member

Well, one nice thing: they essentially got their cross over with G.I.Joe and/or the X-Files already out of the way with the 1st movie.

**runsaway!!**

5. ShawtyGee

ShawtyGee Well-Known Member

I think a novel that tell of events prior to the war on cybertron like what was Starscream doing prior to becoming second in command, how Megatron persuaded Starscream to join his cause. Megatron and Prime relationship prior to the fallout, How the robots got their names.

A novel that get really into detail of the past even if it ain't 100% accurate.