Movie news

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Peanut04, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    Not sure if this has been linked by anyone else, but I was on MSN earlier and there was an article about Will Ferrell exploiting tottlers. After I read it I scrolled down and noticed there was another article on Shia LaBeouf. It mentions his supposed attitude problems, and the fact that he stated he is only doing Transformers for the exposure (no real suprise there). The interesting thing was the fact it says that Bay and Spielberg are arguing over "the amount of big noise in Transformers". I can only assume what they mean is the heavy action that nearly got it the R rating. Anyways enjoy. http://www.slate.com/id/2164301/#school?GT1=9330

2. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

The amount of big noise? The hell does that mean...

3. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Maybe he's miffed at the amount of exposure the robots are getting over him (the "star" of the film)

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    It's Hollywood. Is anyone REALLY that surprised? Not every single person that's going to be cast in roles is going to be a REAL fan of the Transformers. In fact, most will say "Yeah, I totally dig Optimus Tron and Megamus" simply to cater to the audience that will see the flick or the people doing the interviews.

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's already pretty obvious from the interviews that Shia's a grade-A douchebag regardless.

6. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:

I have always known that people, especially hollywood types will say what they need to in order to put on a good face for the public. The point of me posting this was the blurb about Bay and Spielberg arguing over aspects of the movie.

7. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    This is proabaly true. Personally, I wouldn't give a damn if they get rid of him and go with someone else for the sequels. Spike always reminded me of Jake Gylenhall. And Sparkplug always reminded me of James Caan.
    Anyways, back on topic. I think the movie should have plenty of "noise." But if it is interfering with the film's rating then clean the film up. You can always have a "Michael Bay Director's Cut" edition come out on DVD.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I know which of those 2 I'd rather be, and it's sure as hell not Tom Hanks.

9. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

I like tom hanks :( 

10. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

11. Pengutron

Pengutron Dude

He'll probably end up like Cusak. He'll get this sweet onscreen reputation and ruin it by revealing to the public what a jerk he really is. I took a sound design class with a woman who used to ADR in Hollywood. Her favorite actor was John Cusak. When she ADRed with him it was hell.

12. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Putting out a statement to the effect that he's only in it for the money and adulation before the movie's out is utter folly (pity his contract can't stipulate "Be as big a tit as you like but don't involve the film").

On a side note, I'd like to see those Bay-directed GM & Pepsi commercials on the DVD release of the film....

13. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's actually not bad casting for Spike/Sparkplug - except that Jake's a bit old... grown up Spike? ;) 

A youngish actor I wouldn't mind *possibly* seeing as a replacement Spike/Sam (and this is only based on if Shia F*s this up beyond belief), is the young man who plays Henry on Lifetime's "Blood Ties". Now before ya'll start ROTFLYAO, he's doing a good job on the series, is the right age, and being new, inexpensive. Also being new, he doesn't have his head too big - this from several folks I work with at a large SF Con who have met & corresponded with. Looks like that Emmy may have gone to Shia's head - or else he's been having some bad days. Course, he DID just break up w/ his GF of 3 yrs, so maybe he's got some issues of late.

14. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I'm too brain gone to be here....

I hope to dear Primus Shia doesn't screw this up, the trailer of Barricade snapping at him ticks me off. Here's to hoping they fix some of the stuff that looks awefully screwy, and if all else fails have Megs kill him and bring in the replacement :drunk 

15. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Why are there still people putting Shia on the same level as Hale Berry in any genre flic?

16. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

If I were drawing up contracts for the likes of Le Bouff or Cruise, I'd SO include that.
    And then, should they say "stuff you" I'd leak to the press the bit that stopped them.

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

LOL! 'Megamus' HAhahaaaa!

18. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Yes yes YES! Anyone who's so focused on their career and talks about it all the time as their reason for doing anything is gonna fail at life (hopefully).

19. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    This is a bit disheartening...Not only is the Hollywood brat a Lil' bitch, but as mentioned before keep the movie out of your dirty mouth....I'm all for who is best for the role....even if they are a real life D*ck...as long as they don't bring the movie down...as far as the Micheal / Spielberg rhetoric....I hope it isn't true..but if it is...I hope Bay wins...I'd love to see this movie get an 'R' rating...I know it would discriminate against a large portion of the audience, but the darker the film the better in my opinion....However...Think of all the people who would be like "TF got an R rating....hummm I gotta see it..." that wouldn't have otherwise......

P.s. I'm not against an old fashioned ass whoopin' for the boy(Shia)...

20. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

He's the next Eric Roberts, you can quote me on that.