Movie Megatrons-Which one?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DavAnthony, Aug 28, 2007.

1. DavAnthony

DavAnthony Well-Known Member

This has probably already been discussed to death but I"m just getting into the movie line and know there are two Megatrons out there. The smaller iced up one and the larger more expensive one.
    My questions is which one is more accurate as far as look and size and fits in better with the robo vision Prime.
    Any help or a link pointing me in the right direction with some comparisons pictures would be appreciated
    Thanks

2. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    size-wise for working with robovision/voyager prime, it'd be the voyager megatron. The problems with these figures, is that the paint on both the voyager and leader megs seems goofy, voyager megs is half made out of clear "ice" plastic, leader megs has some random pink fairy wing things. It's really up to you as they're both inaccurate in a lot of ways.

3. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Leader Megatron (the large one) is more movie accurate than Voyager Megatron (the smaller one). But Voyager Megatron is the same size class as Robovision Optimus Prime. The two are roughly the same height.

Of course, if you want to get technical, the upcoming Best Buy exclusive Voyager Megatron is partially more accurate than Leader Megatron because of the metallic silver paint.

*EDIT* Dang, Prisoner1138 beat me to it.

4. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's pretty tricky, and in my case none of them truly did it for me. :( 

Leader Megs has an intricate enough transformation, and is close to the movie model. He also has the combining arms, and a decent wingspan.

Voyager Megs barely transforms at all, has enormous and inaccurate wings in botmode, and somehow tiny and even more inaccurate wings in vehicle mode.

FAB Megs has a decent botmode aside from no elbows, but his vehicle mode has the Voyager's teeny and wholly uninspiring wingspan. The FAB has a far more satisfying transformation, though.

The Legends figure has no wings in botmode (huge plus to accuracy) AND a huge wingspan in vehicle mode (another huge plus to accuracy). However, it is tiny, nothing covers its face in vehicle mode, and its legs in botmode are really fudging it.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm throwing my vote in for Leader Megs, if you can get around the pinkish wings. I've seen the Voyager version a couple times and can't bring myself to get into it.

6. LeoPrime

LeoPrime Get bad with Cyber-bee!

Neither one really looks much like Megatron, though poor color and paint choices aside, the Leader mold is closer.

Leader Megs doesn't have the best transformation, but his features (Which have to be fixed) are fun and are close approximations of what he can do in the movie, and he does have the molded details to make him look as complex as in the movie, but with the poor color choices and lack of paint you're not really going to appreciate them. He also has the "bulk" that Megatron conveys in the movie.

Voyager Megs has a pretty poor transformation, and no real features to speak of. The one thing I'll give him over Leader Megs is head articulation. Also his feet suck. They don't even stay transformed unless you put him on a surface. He does fit in better with Voyager Prime, though.

7. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    Well there you go. Seems everyone says leader megs, which means you'll now have to get a prime that fits the scale, so leader prime too!

8. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

I'll probably get both....just because! :lol 

9. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Neither. For the first time ever I don't own a single version of a Megatron from a line. Movie Megs toys suck, they aren't worth the money in either incarnation.

10. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I would go with the Best Buy exclusive voyager class Meg. He has no retarded blue ice or pink fairy wings.

11. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    He's still got ice, it's just not bright blue.

12. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Upcomming Best Buy Megs.... He's shiny!

-bullet

13. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    If you are going for scale then Voyager Megatron would be the way to go. If you only plan on getting one then look for the Best Buy exclusive when it comes out. The fear I have about the Best Buy exclusive is that it will be hard to find. Personally I think Leader Megatron is better. If you get him get Leader Prime. Both Leader Class figures are better than their Voyager Class counterparts. Then again maybe you should get both and Leader Optimus Prime too.

14. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Honestly, skip both. If it weren't for my impulse shopping, I wouldn't have purchased either of them and now I'm kind of sorry that I did!

15. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

best buy megs seems the most accurate to me.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Neither, go for Brawl and/or his desert repaint (which is the one I plan to get, though I might get regular Brawl out of desparity for a new movie TF). But, if you have to get a Megatron, get the Best Buy Megs when he comes out. He's got the nicest look compared to the other Movie Megatron toys.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I've owned both, and I can say Voyager Megatron is truely a peice of shit. Leader Megs is far more poseable, he looks better, has an actual transformation, real weapons and is very much accurate. If you have the money, and don't mind the colours, go Leader Megs.

Also I'd like to point out, people keep saying voyager Megs is more in scale with Voyager Op, this is sooo incorrect. Megs is way bigger than Prime in the movie, (Voyager Megs is shorter than him) Leader Megs is way closer.

Seriously, even if you get best buy Megs, you'll regret it. Atleast with Leader Megs, you get a decent and fun toy to play with, with lots of sounds and features. I returned my voyager Megs; first Transformer I ever returned because I hated it.

18. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Leader Megs. Even though the Best Buy exclusive Voyager is more accurate in color, Leader has a better and more accurate sculpt IMO. No "ice" crap, and feet that actually work. If you really can't decide, get both at the same time and return which one you don't like. I still go for Leader Megs, and get Leader Prime, too.

19. Flashpoint

Flashpoint Well-Known Member

At first with leader megs I was really disappointed with his plain plastic colour, but with a tin of silver paint if your up to it, you won't regret it :)  Big, mean and menacing.

[​IMG]

20. DavAnthony

DavAnthony Well-Known Member

Wow, thank you for all of the suggestions. I think I'll go with Leader Megatron. I was able to dig around and find some pictures and Voyager Megatron seems a bit too small whereas Leader Megatron is pretty big and Megatron was supposed to be about 8-10 feet taller then Prime in the movie. I'll definatley need to do some paint work to him though since his colors aren't doing it for me.