Movie Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by jdre_124, May 1, 2007.

1. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Over at the German hasbro website there are images of the new Leader Class Megatron.
    http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/de_DE/default.cfm?page=Products/Detail&product_id=19697
    Also there are a few more images of the legends figures.
    Here are the images.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    EDIT ******* It appears I cannot see the pics on my post but I am wondering if anyone else can see them?? I am using a different computer than the one I used for the original posting and its behind the times so it just may not be loading the pics for me.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Sweet. Looking forward to getting this guy.

3. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Well, the toy team tried really hard, I give them credit where it's due. But I still say this is a design that just doesn't translate well to toy form, esp. at this size. I'll be passing.

4. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Unless it has some cool gimmick, it's a big pass for me

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

:lol  what exactly -is- that?

BAIL OUT!

6. Aptom

Aptom Well-Known Member

man that thing is so dissapointing to me. there have been pics of this toy before where it all seemed to be one color now it just looks terrible and cheap. im sure some people will like it but i certainly dont :( 

7. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I certainly acknowledge it is a difficult design to translate and we're never going to get a 'movie accurate' MEGATRON figure in the regular toy line (or ever). Still, I like what I see a lot.
    The only minor quibble I have are those red protrusions on his back - They just look like an afterthought.

A prize (consisting of my complete apathy) goes to the first person to say "FUGLY"....

8. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

Another figure crippled by a chest full of electronics. Ultra was always better than Leader, for just this reason.

9. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    I can't wait to see his real alt mode. This fan mode doesn't look like too much. His head is just sitting there in alt mode with this little tab covering his face.

The suspense is killing me, I can't wait to see what his real alt mode looks like !

10. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Look sweet, but why the plain grey colour, the catalog showed that it looks darker and cooler.

11. chuckcjc

News Credits:
    I would really love to hear what you see in this figure. Have you seen the final version? This one seems awfully incomplete.

Spill the beans, what does the alt mode look like in the final version?

I know you have connections. Quit holding out.

12. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

The new meg looks like a big freakin' insect but evil as f**k!!

13. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I think the blue highlights are waaay overdone (presumably because of the 'ice' theme form the Voyager version), and clash with his predominantly silver-grey plastic. I would have preferred either silver highlights or darker ones.

I'm okay with the red things, though.

Is there any reason why Hasbro is INSISTING on painting the faces of all their Movie Megatron toys black for no apparent reason? Even though every CG render we've seen (leaked or official) shows a distinctly non-pitch black face?

14. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Pick a transformer toy you like and tell me what you "see in it".
    Sometimes people just 'like stuff', often for the simple reason they think it "looks good"; It's a statement that's impossible to quantify to a stranger, but there's no secret agenda and no hidden subtext.

My "reasons" for liking it? An imposing robot that echoes a great movie design as well as it can and an original vehicle not over-burdened with 'earth-based' limitations.

15. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

ugh. so far I hate every single Megatron toy in this line. Oh well. More $$ on good stuff.

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I haven't, actually. And after you talking to me like that I wouldn't show you anyway.

17. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    After that pic, I'm SO not buying that. The colors are horrid, doesn't help that crappy mold at all.

BIG PASS. He's probably the only movie fig I won't have a version of.

18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    So they're completely unable to hide the head. Still looks like a cool toy though.

19. chuckcjc

News Credits:
    Oh that is quite easy.

I like Classics Starscream. He is my favorite of the last three "deluxe" sized Starscreams (Classics, Robotmasters, and Energon). His Alt Mode is very faithful to the G1 figure, and is relatively faithful to a real world jet. The new deco on the wings is refreshingly new to me. His Alt mode is fantastic because it looks very close to G1 cartoon, is fairly poseable (love the knees). The only caveat is that his face was not painted silver. Some don't like his overly large missle launchers, and I can see their point, but I am not really bothered by them.

That said, lets stop dodging the issue, and lets discuss the toy incarnation of Movie Megs alt mode. What is it? To me, it doesn't have any appeal what-so-ever, and I know they were going for a Cybertron oriented flight vehicle. If this is even his real alt mode. Surely someone is pulling an elaborate joke here. His head is clearly visible - more so than any figure I have seen in recent memory. Yes he has wings, but they are completely obstructed by kibble underneath, which kind of disqualifies them as wings. His arms just kind sit there out in front of him, and there is the long thing out in front which is supposed to be some sort of nose cone or perhaps a long laser cannon thingy? I don't quite get it, ok, I don't see what they were going for here at all.

20. chuckcjc

News Credits:
    No malice here big guy, it was a completely innocent question. Don't bring the hate.