Movie Megatron Leader Help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shockscream, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    My toy of Leader Movie Megatron doesn't transform anymore. When it comes to clipping his left leg in under the wing, the knee joint doesn't bend at the angle it needs to. (The right leg is fine.) Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

2. Brenttoo

Brenttoo Well-Known Member

Well, I've personally taken one of those apart, and these new figures have so many interior moving parts, its crazy. I mean it makes the transformations more interesting, but they're also more susceptible to breaking, like in your case. From what I remember, Megatron's knees bend sideways about 45 degrees, and that activates a separate plastic rod within his shin. When the knee bends that way, the rod is pulled up, which makes his toes rotate up into their knurled position. So if you're saying the knee won't bend to the necessary angle to lock the leg into his wing, then it might be because his toes are jammed, which would lock up the entire mechanism since its all linked throughout. Fiddle with the toes and see what happens. Hope that helps.

3. Shockscream

News Credits:
    Thanks. I'll give that a go tonigh.

4. Shockscream

News Credits:
    There's definitely a blockage in the foot. The front section of the foot that fold upwards into the leg no problem but the back bit of the foot which fold downwards and out doesn't budge. I've tried to clean inside this section and jostle it loose, but nothing. How can I open the leg and take a look inside and (hopefully) unblock whatever's stopping the "ankle" section from moving.

5. Shockscream

News Credits:
    Rejoice! He is fixed! I was wrong about the problem, though. When the leg moves into the angle to clip it under the wing, the knee moves outwards and up. This wasn't happening and was blocking the interior mechanism for the toes to move. The knee was pushed in too far. It was pried forward with a small knife and some WD40 oil applied to loosen the joint. I now have a fully functional Movie Leader Megatron again!