Movie Legends?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Are the movie legends worth collecting at all? I've occasionally look at M.L. Bumblebee and noticed he's a lot like the WST G1 figures. Wonder if their worth adding to the WST collection or not. So far, the only one I like is Bumblebee, so I don't know. What do you think?

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The only one worth owning IMO is Ravage.

3. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I LOVE The movie legends! They're cheap, and transform really nicely. Not only that, but they're pretty much all unique to, unlike say G1 minibots.

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Yea, saw Ravage too. He's nearly same size as his G1 counterpart too so he'd be more "in-scale" with the other figures.

5. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I think most of them are dumb looking. I have Bee and Barricade form the first movie and they're too big for WST's, and they don't really work as well. The WST's work because G1 was so simple. The movie stuff just doesn't translate. I could see someone collecting JUST Legends to keep things small and cheap, but I've seen your collection grow and don't think space or $ is a big concern for you.

I'd throw Wheelie in there with Ravage. They're the only two I bought since Bee and Barricade in 07.

6. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    they're great, movie 1 really didn't do well, but i am amazed at how good
    ROTF PRIME turned out, SOUNDWAVE's robot mode is awesome, the legends FALLEN is more accurate than the voyager, WHEELIE is great, and ARCEE seems to be in good scale. some still look crappy, i but i really do dig them..especially when they go on sale, you can't lose.

7. prawisucia

prawisucia Soldier of Heaven

News Credits:
    I only have 3 movie legends, Arcee, Ravage, Wheelie. Those are the only worth buying IMO.

8. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Thus far I haven't bought any TF 2007 & Rotf basics or legends sized toys. I'm just not a fan of little/micro sized transformers toys.

about the only ROTF Legends I own is the legends sized walmart Devestator combiner. I make rare exceptions like this for combiners. because i'm a huge combiner TF toy fan.

9. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I absolutely love them, especially the ROTF ones. I've always been partial to smaller transformers, and to get key characters in this form is great.

I don't think they really fit into a WST collection per se, but in and of their own collection, I recommend the Movie Legends (and, for that matter, all other Legends as well!)

10. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Legends don't get nearly enough love. All the fans out there that don't really buy Legends will only talk good about some figures like Ravage and Wheelie only because they're in scale with main line figures and is also probably the only reason they bought them.

There are some pretty cool Legends in the ROTF line. Wheelie and Ravage are cool but I love Optimus Prime, he's probably the best Legends figure out there. Soundwave is also great.

11. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    I love the Movie Legends, and would recommend Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Springer, and Ravage. Enforcer Ironhide is also kinda cool, considering it's the only G1 repaint movie!Ironhide looks set to get.

12. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I really like all the legends. Some are better than others but for the price, they really are such fun figures!
    What have you got to lose?

13. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I only have Ravage, Wheelie, and Prime.
    Everyone seems to love ravage. Wheelie's kinda "meh". I rather like the ROTF Legends Prime, though. He's pretty cool. I'd say if you like Legends, then he's worth picking up.

14. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I try to avoid the ones that don't have real shoulder poseability like Ironhide and Mudflap.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Devastator (better than the giant one)
    Ravage
    Wheelie
    Arcee
    Springer (my favorite)
    Soundwave
    combined Jetfire & RotF Optimus Prime (not perfect, but kind of nifty that L'il Prime gets to wear L'il Jetfire as a corpse backpack, even at that scale)

I actually have a soft spot for Ironhide too.

16. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Like others have said, ROTF legends Optimus is a winner. A very fun transformation, and reasonably accurate for the size.

[​IMG]

Plus, he's a combiner, if you get Jetfire.

17. MMarker

MMarker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only own movie legends Ravage and Wheelie for relative scale purposes.

18. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I have one of each of the RotF legends sculps, and I have to say Wheelie and Ravage are exellent. I also love Jolt and Stealth Bumblebee's alt modes. They look great.

19. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I only have Ravage and Grindor, but both are very nice. I recommend them.

20. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Legends Wheelie is also closer to scale with the deluxes. If you are a collector on a budget, legends is for you. There are also unique characters not found in the larger size classes like Tankor, Springer, Tracker Hound, Sandstorm, and Override. Do not forget the exclusive multi packs. They save much shelf space too.