Movie Legends Bumblebee & Barricade

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by wavelength, Jun 3, 2007.

1. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

tftm'07 loc wave one review- rachet, jazz, bumblebee and barricade

i went back 6 pages and did not find a thread for the group of them. i will review in order of worst to best.

rachet- hate is the word best used to describe my feelings for him. his robot is crap, his truck is dodgy and his face looks like a cow with snot all over it's face. avoid unless you live in the uk, and even then only get it in argos's four pack, but think of that pack as a 3 pack with a blob of off green plastic shoved in to get rid if it. though it is fun to have him 'killed' by other transformers autobot and decepticon alike.

jazz- i like him. his arms can get in the way of his legs and he is missing a few paint apps, but he has this unsettling smirk in his faceplate which makes him the adorable madman of the set. for us price, get him if you see him, and he is worth it in the argos 3(really 4 but see above) pack.

bumblebee-his bot mode is clunky, but his elbows help with the problem. the bot mode looks knocked up in a human female way, but the car mode is decent for an loc given the desigh spec. get under the same conditions as jazz. his bot mode is helped with a simple knee mod greatly which i will be posting shortly.

barricade- the car mode is great and the transformation is very live action-y with a very poable bot mode and good movie accuracy. the arms are just panels, but it is not noticable. the hands are odd but not a flaw. this is the one to actively hunt for, if not just to pose against blackout for size.

overall they are a nice assortment of 3 locs to start off the movie line and good pocket figures in thier own right.

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Ratchet:
    I dont mind this guy, as a statue, he seems pretty cool, and his vehicle mode is neat in a Hot Wheels sort of way.

Jazz:
    Love it, great vehicle mode, great robot mode, just wish his chest could be pegged in place.

BB:
    Clunky vehicle mode, useless arms in robot mode, once again a lack of knees.
    Not bad, but not great.

Barricade:
    Fantastic, good transformation, good robot mode, just wish his legs didnt have to be bent constantly.

3. wavelength

is it just me who would of paid for a 4 pack of repainted barricades?

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Ratchet : weirdest transformation ever, crappiest LOC ever (at least in robot mode). The torso not being connected to the waist/legs is a huge no-no.

Barricade : weird hands, but pretty cool in both modes. I love it.

Bumblebee : not the best, reminds me of a bad Micromaster.

Jazz : the cheat for the chest is really bad, but it's a fun toy.

5. wavelength

yeah, it might of been better to mold jazz's chest as the rear windshield, or paint the current assembly black to disguise it. have you done my knee mod megatroptimus? it improves bumblebee tenfold.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Odd surprise with barricade, the part of the car that folds down to store frenzy on the deluxe figure also folds down on the LOC, despite serving absolutely no purpose.

7. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Maybe in the movie the brushbars turn into ramming spikes.

8. wavelength

is it just me or does the pushbar on barricades chest look like the teeth on bonecrushers bulldog sticker

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I just got the 2nd version of Ratchet with the more movie accurate color (first one was neon green, this one is more mustard, just like the Voyager version). Looks better.

10. wavelength

i had mustard rachet frrom the start. i gave him away today. yes, i GAVE him away.

11. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Where are these at? I've found just about every movie toy at Target, but haven't seen these yet anywhere.

12. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Only brick & mortal store I've seen Legends stuff at is Toys R Us.

Though Legends of Classics wave 2 seems to have completely skipped over a b&m release entirely.

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jazz is awesome, my favorite of the movie legends. He just looks so good in both modes. Bumblebee is also pretty nice. Barricade is ok above the waist, terrible below it.

14. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Well I never thought I would, but today I just got restless and I had to have something to fiddle around with and transforming. Therefore I bought Movie Legends Bumblebee & Barricade.

I really didn't expect much of these and therefore my expectation weren't that high.

Unlike my other reviews (on NTFA.net) I'll make the pictures do the most talking and just make some supplements and commentaries.

But lets start with Bumblebee '76/77 Camaro.

Robot mode:

BB is quite nice in this mode and has some nice detail. Initially I was pleased with him, but the arms quickly got on my nerves. Double jointed !. That serves no purpose at all, they could have deleted the arm bending thing since you never really know where and how to place them.
    The arms are severely hampered by this and you can't really pose them.
    His legs are really not well done. If they had made more clearance at the hips the legs would have been at least 50% more poseable.
    However it's not all bad, he is still a nice little figure and great to play with, but he could have been so much better.
    [​IMG]

BB's most "scary look"... imagine the headlights as small arm cannons. Not much poseability here.
    [​IMG]

BB trying to scare Barricade... with little succes
    [​IMG]

Vehicle mode:
    His best appearance overall . Sleek car mode, but somewhat ruined by the arm joint hinges, but still it's ok. Car rolls nicely and troublefree.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's why he's called Bumblebee
    His secret hidden mode! Astonishing resemblance!
    [​IMG]
    Fly fly little bee.

And moving over to Barricade

Robot mode:
    What can I say, for a figure of this size it's fandamntastic ! I love it, it's gorgeous, the only thing I could have wished for was a bending elbow and that legs could stretch a bit more, however this is only minor. His robot mode is just stunning and there's no doubt he's Barricade.
    [​IMG]

Barricade looking impersonating!
    [​IMG]

Scaring BB - a lot !
    [​IMG]

Vehicle mode:
    Most impressive, very sleek and nothing that ruins it's appearance. I just love it. Wheels have enough clearance to roll.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall both.
    As much as I'm disappointed over Bumblebee I'm equally impressed with Barricade. While BB by all no means is a bad figure, it's could have been so much better. Barricade is truly a great example of ingenious engineering and works perfectly in either mode.

[​IMG]

I primarily got the two of them to battle each other, and while BB was my favourite in the movie, Barricade is my favourite as toy.

Bumblebee 6/10

Barricade 10/10

15. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
  16. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Yup :thumb s but there weren't any pictures :D  I love reviews with visuals.

17. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I know what you mean. Feedback threads without pics are epic fail. Especially when it's A) a new fig, or B) a fig without a gallery.