Movie Leaders Optimus Prime & Megatron reviewed

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Philister, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Philister

Philister Teutonicons Rising!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most of you will have seen these figures by now, but here's my take on them:

[​IMG]
    Optimus Prime and Megatron

2. SocrManiac

SocrManiac TFW2005 Supporter

I haven't understood the "not in scale" I've seen in regards to Leader Optimus. He sure looks to be in scale to me, based on what we've seen in the trailers and his alt mode's size relative to the other Autobots. Voyager Prime is far too small next to the rest of the 'Bots.

3. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly with your thoughts on Megatron.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Near spot on reviews, although I get to differ on the Megatron vibe. To me, this Megatron is what Megatron should have always been. Other incarnations are not vicious/creepy looking enough. Also, Leader Prime is of the right size. Ever seen a real semi next to a car?

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Thinking about getting one and painting it silver or platinum. But pretty sure there's a repaint coming since they're just selling the mold right now.
    Or I hope so because those colors are all wtf

6. Philister

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The vehicle modes might be of compatible scale (if you're not counting Blackout), but the robots? In one trailer we saw Bonecrusher tackle Optimus Prime and they were roughly the same size. With the toys, Bonecrusher is maybe half Prime's size.

7. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

I think that's more of an issue on Bonecrusher's part than Op's. I believe that the Buffalo is considerably larger that a car (don't quote me on that), thus Bonecrusher should be considerably larger than a deluxe. Either way, I like your reviews. While I disagree on a couple of things, they are well-written, and cover all of the important aspects of the toy. Well done :thumb 

8. SocrManiac

SocrManiac TFW2005 Supporter

The size of the alt mode is going to determine the size of the robot, unless we have another case of mass shifting robots again. If you have a series of alt modes in roughly the same scale, then their robots should be roughly the same scale.

Deluxe Bumblebee and Jazz, Voyager Ironhide and Ratchet, and Leader Prime seem to be close enough in their alt modes as to be scaled properly. The Decepticons, on the other hand, are all over the map.

9. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    No, the decepticons are more or less all in scale. But only with each other.

All the autobots are pretty much together too, just in a larger scale.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Megatron deserves a better rating; B+ or A, his alternate form is fine, it does exactly what it's supposed to do, be an alien jet. For mass-release, I think B+ would be better, even though I give mine an A+ (since I fixxed the factory error).

Good reviews though.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Blackout is the one exception to this. I personally think that they should of made a Leader class version of him, or even a Supreme for that matter.

12. Philister

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm thankful that you like my reviews. Of course we're going to disagree on the final ratings here and there. If we all liked the same bots that would be very boring, don't you think?

13. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    That's pretty much true. I have all the bots and most of the cons, and it's REALLY lame looking to have BC fighting Ironhide and Brawl fighting Ratchet, and them looking like they're dwarfed by a MEDIC. SS looks great too, but he's also a little small. Only Barricade's the proper size, and has become one of my favorite con toys.

14. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, I was curious as to why there was a release for the mace when I could just pull it out. I will make the fix when I get home...awesome!

15. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

I didn't think of using the fusion cannon spring in the launching arm. I just went in my junk draw and used one of my old springs from some forgotten BW toy. I do agree that he could use alittle more this and that, but that alt mode is complete garbage. B- was a very generous review.

16. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have Leader Prime and I absolutely love him. However, I don't know that I feel like spending $40 on that Megatron. I think I may have to pass.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Why so much hate on Megs' alt-mode? It's awesome! It's sleek, powerful looking, armed and feirce-looking! I love it! It's the reason he's my favorite Movie figure.

18. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'd say it's because it seems like a half-assed afterthought thrown in so it could be called a transformer...like Scorponok.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't think a transformation that complex could be called half-assed. The entire torso splits in half. Scorponok was a joke, this is a badass jet that looks like it could blow-up a moon! I also use the head popping out, ala-G1 Scourge. The head is my only complaint. This is suprisingly faithful to the movie vehicle mode.

20. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ok, so the Scorps comparison is a little harsh...but I really would have liked more from his alt mode than we got. With Prime's being one of the single best alt modes we've had (and an AAA transformation to boot) I expected more from movie megs.