Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime...SOLD OUT??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by crasis, Jul 30, 2007.

1. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    Hey guys,

First time poster, long time lurker here (I really need to come out of my shell more often...).

I made the awful mistake over the last two months of waiting to see if my wife or any of my family members would pick me up one of the only things I actually ASKED for for my birthday this year: Leader Class Prime. And now that the day has come and gone (with, sadly, no Prime), I am now kicking myself for passing on this figure, oh, about 30 or more times (he was a shelf warmer just about 3 weeks ago!)! In the past week, I've been to 5 Walmarts, 4 Targets and 4 Toys 'R Us stores in CT and NY... and nada! Nothing. Barely even a Megatron (though I managed to pick him up at the one place I found him). Are the first 2 Leader class figures completely sold out for good, or will Hasbro be refreshing the stores with more Primes when Leader Brawl comes out? Anyone here know (or have a spare Prime you'd be willing to sell me ;)  )?

Thanks!

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    sorry not news. There is a wanted ads section as well, you can try there. Also I see Leader class Megs and Prime almost every store I toy hunt in. So they are around.

3. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    Sorry, my bad. ;)  I wasn't sure where to put this thread, as I wanted to see if there were any rumors going around about Hasbro discontinuing the first wave of Leader figs, since they are now going for ridiculous prices on eBay and seem to be sold out everywhere online and in my neck of the woods. Thanks for the advice, though.

Oh, and I noticed you live in Long Island! That's not too far away, actually. If you don't mind me asking, what stores have you seen Prime in? I used to see him all the time, too... until the past two weeks or so. :( 

4. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is not News so it will be moved to Toyark.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    They're still quite a few places here as well. It could just be your area, as I know there are no deluxes anywhere in my area right now.

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    hmm I am in Suffolk is that close to you? Have you tried the sightings threads? You can better answers there, I shop at TRU's, Target and Walmarts in western Suffolk. Don't know if you live near the city but Toys R Us Times Square probably has them they get loads of certain characters.

7. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

I live in one of the biggest cities in South Carolina (not really sayin much), but I am having the same problem. 2 Wal-Marts, 2 Targets, and 1 TRU and so far no Primes.

8. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    All gone in the Chicagoland area ... well ... northern burbs that is. We're swamped with Megatron, but not big red.

9. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

We have a drought of good figures here, too, but floods of Stompers and Slammers. I think even those are starting to fly off shelves

10. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

Yeah one Wal-mart I went to had like 10 Megatrons. What is crazy is a week before the movie came out, there were about 50 Ops and Megs (25 each) on the end of a row of shelves. Then the week it came out they took the shelve down and moved the toys back to the little section where they keep their Transformers. It sucks, I've been a Transfan since I was born, and my Wal-mart (which I spend a lot of time at, free guitar hero 2 multiplayer) doesn't even have a good selection.

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Dude...everything is sold out.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I see alot of Primes,I already have him but i don't really like him he's mib.

13. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

If Leader Prime is the biggest one, go to Westbury Target. They had about 10 Primes put up today. They weren't there saturday and they were the regular ones, not robo-vision. Saw him at Levittown Target too with Leader (again, if that;s the biggest ones, I'm terrible with those classifications) Megatron at that one. I picked up two Primes, cause I was in the same boat as you. :) 

I always hesitate one week too long with everything.

Good luck!

14. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

THey are gone around here too. Megs was only here shortly. Glad I got him when I saw him. Have not seen him that often and Prime went from tons to none in a matter of days after the movie.

15. BumbleBabe

BumbleBabe Banned

Our local area stores are all sold out as well (tru's target, walmart) BUT I found a few of them @ a K-mart in new brunswick NJ.. picked one up for myself and got him for 10% off as well!!

good luck in your hunt but i would def check the Kmarts... definately underestimated in their stock

16. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  nice sig BumbleBabe.

17. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Plenty of Prime here (though all at one Wally World)...very few leader Megs ever hit the shelves and they are long gone.

18. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

hasbro distribution and the scalpers thats the reason why the toys disappear.

19. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
  20. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    Wow! Thanks for all the leads, guys!

Even with the store locator, I couldn't find anything in nearby Connecticut, unfortunately... so it looks like I'm off on a Long Island road trip this evening. I live in Norwalk, CT, so the stores you guys mentioned in NY are roughly 1- 1.5 hours away. Here's hoping ONE of those stores still has Prime in stock when I arrive. ::fingers crossed::