Movie Leader Class Bonecrusher

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Stealth_Bumble, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Stealth_Bumble

Stealth_Bumble Member

I think it would be awesome if they made one, the deluxe one is completley off-scale.

2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Not with the likes of other Decepticon figures he isn't :/ (not all of them though)

We won't get it, a Voyager would've been nice, but I blame him warming shelves in the start of the movie line.
    Now, if we're talking about somebody who was totally deserved a leader class mold, I'd point the finger at Blackout. Summabitch was hooje.
    DN

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I doubt Hasbro ever planned to make one. Brawl was one of three obvious choices for a leader class after Prime and Megs (Blackout and starscream being the others). Since blackout and starscream were already slated for voyager size, Hasbro probably didn't figure turning them into leader class figures was necessary.

I agree that a larger version of bonecrusher would have been nice, but lets face it he didn't get as much screen time as brawl, blackout or starscream.

Kids (and more importantly the parents) know what tanks, jets and helicopters are, they don't necessarily know what a buffalo is.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    You'll probably get a Leader Class Starscream for the second movie, since he's got a bigger role in it. I'd be willing to bet that the Leader assortment for that line will be Optimus Prime and Starscream.

5. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

And here's another thought...
    Are they gonna make a new Optimus mold for the second movie?

6. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I blame Bonecrusher for totally sucking during the movie. That why he got such a small toy. :D 

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd be happy with a voyager Bonecrusher. I would have really loved a leader or Supreme Blackout.

8. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    warmed shelves lol

took FOREVER to find one after the movie premeired...there were NO shelf warmers at my walmart

and ratchet is FINALLY returning to shelves after being gone since the movie premeired

9. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Welcome to last summer.

10. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I'm thinking if anything, maybe a better engineered Optmus that improves accuracy. I doubt we'll see a new look for Optimus in the film, I would think it would be too costly to try and make new cg models for returning characters. No real reason to change them.

11. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

I think they should stop with the movie toys more animated toys!!!!!!

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. That's probably the best you're going to get with the new figures for returning characters... unless an upgrade ala BB is slated for a character, but it would be too costly to do that to every one of the returning characters. And ILM wouldn't want to do it I'm sure as they (according to reports) have most of the CG work done for the second movie (I'm assuming Bay already knew what he wanted and they were just waiting on the writers strike to end). So, yeah, unless we get a scipted 'upgrade' ala BB (and probably will only be one character) I don't think we'll see all new designs, but more like tweeked designs to improve accuracy like you said. Maybe Leader Prime can get both his gun and sword in one shot now...

13. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

lol first time I saw bonecrusher in stores here in so cal was like february. I didn’t even see a 76 camaro till march…many months after they were initially released. i still have never seen a (first wave) barricade on shelves. i stopped looking before april though…but have been to the toy section when I go to walmart/target/tru and still haven’t seen any.

14. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Ya it's not happening now but it's something I would have loved to have seen.

I can very much see this coming as well.

15. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    If you want a scale set of decepticons you'll want

-legends barricade
    -deluxe brawl
    -deluxe bonecrusher
    -voyager starscream
    -voyager blackout
    -voyager megatron.

When you get those all together, you get pretty damn close to the correct scale.

16. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

I would think it would be too costly to try and make new cg models for returning characters. No real reason to change them.

The movie made five hundred million dollars in gross revenue.

I don't think the cost of the CGI designs are so excessive when the alternative is the film being labeled as a rehash and being neglected by the film-going public.

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    i said it before and ill say it again

LEADER FRENZY:D 

And ill be happy

18. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Yeah I know the movie made a shit-ton of money. But, I doubt it would be cost effective to totally redo the character models from scratch for Prime, Megatron(?), Starscream, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet, Barricade, Scorponok(?) and then add in how ever many new characters they have to create and animate as well. It's not cost effective. In essence, why fix what isn't broke. I would only expect to see minor tweaks on the models to improve what was done first time, but why would they completely overhaul these models? It's just not practical.

19. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Yup, I'd be down with that. Clearly we won't be getting Leader Bonecrushers/Blackouts now (Has/Tak did say no and they meant no, sadly), but the chances of a re-engineered Leader Prime toy for TF2 must surely be good. I'm sure the toy designers could get closer to the movie design given the time & money.. oh, and balljoints on wrists & neck as well as ankles this time, please :D 

20. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

Compleate with rapid fire CD ejection button.... pulls copy of Monster Ballads out of the dry wall.