Minor/Repaint: Movie Jazz

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dxaznxk, Aug 17, 2009.

1. dxaznxk

dxaznxk Member

Well i bought ROTF smokescreen since i couldn't find a jazz for sale... Than i repainted it to make it try to look like Jazz from the movie. I messed up many of times on this repaint cause i was in a bad area i might have to buy a new one and try another attempt on it. But tell me what you guys think:) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see anything that should damn this one to the fodder pile, the base coat looks great - just keep adding your details & maybe a dark wash to bring out some texture...

3. dxaznxk

dxaznxk Member

i touched the paint by accident when i spray painted it when it wasent dried so i left marks than i sprayed it with silver all over by accident but at first it was all matt black=/ and the texture doesnt feel smooth but thanks:) 

4. onslaught314

onslaught314 Saxobot

News Credits:
    like closetrat said, add the details. definitely has the potential to be a good custom.

did you wash the figure before painting it?

5. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

About touching the paint before it dried: Normally, i would say strip it all off, and repaint it, but it is Movie Jazz after, he was ripped in half at the end. It would make sense his paintjob didn't fare so well, Megs probably left many makrs, fingerprints, etc. on him.

6. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

lol good idea.. i too waited to long and couldn't find a jazz so i just got the ROTF version... imma have to repaint him eventually one day.. i agree with the others. some more detail would be more ideal.. paint the lights on his front of the car.. the grill.. add some weathering maybe? especially on the arms and legs... other than that, you have a great base :thumb 

7. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Don't want to sound like an echo in here, but aside from being a little monochrome, he looks absolutely fine.

8. perceptowave

perceptowave Shop-N-Chop-Detailer

Thats a fine start and has awesome potential.

9. dxaznxk

dxaznxk Member

thank you, im planning to repaint it this weekend i will repost a new one when i do with all the suggestions!

10. GerardusMaximus

GerardusMaximus Deceptocreep

You'll get the hang of it, if you had to redo it, redo it! But judging from the pictures its a good start, its a nice base coat to start with!

11. dxaznxk

dxaznxk Member

should i paint over it or clean off the paint? cause some parts theres extra layers of paints=/ any suggestions on how to remove paint if its needed?