Movie Ironhide Toys Bugs Me A lot Since Day 1

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by sherpole, Oct 20, 2009.

1. sherpole

sherpole Undiscover Talent

Ebay:
    I, this is my first thread, so I'm kinda new at this

Does ratchet taller or bigger than ironhide? It bugs me when i look at both toys.They suppose to have a same high. Does each toy designer could not aware of their partner design, or head designer doesn't set a high measurement?

Its bugs me and sad actually. I kinda like ratchet and how big the toy was, but but he seems towering Ironhide, which suppose to be bulky which I thought seems each other switch places. Ironhide should be big and bulky, not ratchet, which seems ok with me, but make Ironhide like Robot Replica.

I display Ironhide on his toes look kinda wearing high heel, to give them look similar height, or adjust ratchet leg joint to be lowered a lot!

I wanna a justice for Ironhide. Seems he get a lot head retooling in ROTF toys.

So, movie 3, I vote Ironhide gets a totally new design!

2. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:

Wait what. Oh you want a new Ironhide. oh.

3. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Well if you're worried about Ratchet being too tall compared to Ironhide, there is a new Ratchet deluxe coming soon that should be small enough. But scale with TF's has never been consistent, so...

4. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I'd like a new Ironhide mold as well. The current Voyager is okay, and we're getting remolds of it with new weapons, but I think the robot mode could use some changing. A Human Alliance version would work great for scale alongside the mainline Autobots, but not the other HA figures. Maybe for the third line, like you said.

5. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

Well, scale was always an issue with TF toys. The only complaint I have for Ironhide however are those shoulders.

6. sherpole

Ebay:
    Yeah..but deluxe ratchet will be wayyyy to small. I just wanna my both voyager looks good with my leader and deluxe. In case of main autobot anyway. But I agree with scale issue. Major issue for a decepticon more like it in movieverse toy

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Deluxe Ratchet will be a tall deluxe. I think it should help.

8. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

If Deluxe Ratchet is a big deluxe somewhere around the size of Longarm, he'll probably actually be more in scale than voyager Ratchet. Ratchet should be a little smaller than Ironhide. The Topkick isn't your average 1/2 ton pick up, it's a BIG truck. The Hummer H2 is a mid size SUV, so he's actually not as big as Ironhide.

9. sherpole

Ebay:
    then if deluxe ratchet a big deluxe, he will got scale issue with bumblebee, and alongside with other deluxe.
    So I only can hope for 3rd movie line... I can wet dream can i :p 

10. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

No matter what, there's going to be scale issues. But if the deluxe Ratchet is on the larger Deluxe side, it'll be the closest to being in scale with everyone. Skids and Mudflap are too big compared to bumblebee and sideswipe too. No matter what, they're never going to be in scale with each other.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'm scared now?