Movie Ironhide to classics Trailbreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Knightdramon, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Not long ago I found a picture of the movie Ironhide toy, all stickered up, spotting a BT\Alt Swindle head and passing as a very believable Classics Trailbreaker.

With some spare time I decided I'd try my luck with a similiar custom. I snapped the head off my spare BT Swindle and tried to take Movie Ironhide apart to see how things fit. All went well and after detaching many parts from Ironhide I was able to take the head off...only to find out it wasn't on a ball joint. I thought that the ball joint was so snug it wasn't possible to move the head up or down, but was there.

And then there I was, spending a good hour trying to find ANY part from any Gundam model kit I had, assembled or not, to pass as a ball joint in order to connect Swindle's head to Ironhide's body. Needless to say, I did not succeed. No revoltech joints could connect that I had and the closest I got was with a combination of parts from MG Strike Freedom that could fit well, provide swivel articulation but could not secure Swindle's head.

Anybody got any ideas on what I could try? Thanks, regards

2. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    Try asking in the kitbash forum they will know.

3. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    It depends on how Swindle's ballpoint is connected. I managed to do a simple swap with Classics Magnus and Alt Prime, Magnus of course not having a balljoint.

Basically, see how Swindle's neckpost is connected to the rest of the chest. On Prime, the post is connected with a pin. If Swindle's neck is the same, just heat the pin and pop the neck out. If the neckpost and chest are all one piece, cut the post at the base and drill a hole from the bottom maybe. . . half way up the post?

From there, you just unscrew Ironhide's head from his neckblock and screw in Swindle's post.

Alternatively, you could just paint the back of Ironhide's head. XD

4. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    would this be the bot you saw. I purchased this off of ebay a few months ago and i'm not sure how they did the head but it transforms okay and looks nice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Yup, that's the one I remember seeing.

Swindle's head\neck base is not connected to the jeep body via a screw or simple pin-trying to take it out means I have to completely gut the metal front body of the jeep...

Oh well, can probably wait for a Classics Trailbreaker...

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He's very unluckyly to be made.

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    It can be done, but you need to post it in the General Discussion forum in the Radicons section. I can't move this there, its basically a different site, so you'll just have to post a new thread about it there. I'm closing this one.

8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.