Customs: Movie Ironhide to classics Trailbreaker help

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Knightdramon, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Basically a re-post of what I asked yesterday, but...

Not long ago I found a picture of the movie Ironhide toy, all stickered up, spotting a BT\Alt Swindle head and passing as a very believable Classics Trailbreaker.

With some spare time I decided I'd try my luck with a similiar custom. I snapped the head off my spare BT Swindle and tried to take Movie Ironhide apart to see how things fit. All went well and after detaching many parts from Ironhide I was able to take the head off...only to find out it wasn't on a ball joint. I thought that the ball joint was so snug it wasn't possible to move the head up or down, but was there.

And then there I was, spending a good hour trying to find ANY part from any Gundam model kit I had, assembled or not, to pass as a ball joint in order to connect Swindle's head to Ironhide's body. Needless to say, I did not succeed. No revoltech joints could connect that I had and the closest I got was with a combination of parts from MG Strike Freedom that could fit well, provide swivel articulation but could not secure Swindle's head.

Anybody got any ideas on what I could try? Thanks, regards

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Take the corresponding bit from Swindle and cut it our of the torso and secure it to the Ironhide body, or else mod the Swindle head to fit on whatever mount is present on Ironhide, or scrap both native connnection points and substitute in an apporpriately-sized third-party joint.

These marriages are always difficult, and one of the three solutions above are always the way to go, it's not a very specific solution, yes, but its the one you need to work with.

Of the three, in this case, I'd go with the entirely-new-joint substitution.

D/L

3. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    On reprolables they just turned the Movie Ironhide head completely around and with their sticker set you can make the back of the head into Trailbreakers face.

But personally i feel the voyager class is too big for Classics and im thinking of doing a Trailbreaker and Hoist out of FAB Ironhide