Movie Ironhide and Ratchet dilemma.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PropaneProphet, Sep 19, 2009.

1. PropaneProphet

PropaneProphet Well-Known Member

Can I have some opinions on this? I'm torn about purchasing the first movie line ones or waiting for the 2010 releases of Deluxe Ratchet and Jungle Ironhide. I'd be able to get the first two figures from the first line for $20 together, used, but that doesn't bother me (as long as it's complete/not broken).

These reason I have is that I'd wait and get Ratchet deluxe(for the gun) but then other than Ldr. Optimus, Ironhide would be the tallest one (I kinda like symmetrical posing/balance), but I don't really like those lightning bolts on Ironhide (the weapons are making me reconsider). I also heard that Ironhide (first one) has no ball jointed head while Jungle does. So which should I get?

I also have all the cards from the deluxes (Bumbleb/Sideswi/Arc+Chrom/Twins) and box from Optimus but I'm not too sure if I actually care as of now.

Ironhide (original) vs Jungle Ironhide
    Ratchet (original) vs Deluxe Ratchet

2. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    hmm, i like the voyager molds of both.. and i like the colors on '07 ironhide, and ROTF ironhide too.. so i wouldnt wait, i'd get both voyagers (or the ROTF versions, for that matter)..

3. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Voyager Ratchet is a very awesome and complete figure. He is one toy from the line that is not to alien/insect looking. He has nice sturdy legs and very well proportioned. As far as the deluxe ratchet, I'll steal a page from "Hogan's Heroes"..."I know nothing." And I have the Blue Ironhide, But that Jungle one is looking pretty darn cool.

4. sweetnessprime1

sweetnessprime1 Brute force of Team Metal

I`d wait, they look sweet! :drool: 

5. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    Myself, I got the Voyager Ratchet and Ironhide from the first film, skipped the Voyager Ironhide from RotF, and I plan on skipping Deluxe Ratchet and going for the Brawn repaint instead.

6. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

Personally, I hate the Ratchet movie design, but LOVE Ironhide. But the main problem with him is that his 2007 version has the correct black-with-metallic-blue-highlights color scheme, while his 2009 version has a totally made-up grey-with-gold-highlights decor..BUT has a much more accurate head sculpt & better weapons.

What to do? Guess you just have to buy both & do some parts-swapping, which was what I did when the RotF figures were on sale while ago. Oh, and both versions have the same lame waist connection, which was something I figured would be fixed, but noooo.

7. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    the new brawn toy isnt a repaint

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    save your breath, for the most part everybody except a few ignore all convention info.....ugh it gets annoying fast

9. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    haha thats weird if ppl do that. we have pictures of the toy. well pictures of pictures anyways.

and so far everything new weve seen has been right with the convention info.

(bludgeon and breakdown)

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    it is pretty bad, i can't tell you how many times i had to remind and correct people about info we heard at just last botcon.....ugh it gets old REALLY fast

11. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    My GOD!!! I never noticed until now!:drunk 

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the Voyager version of both from the first film. The Jungle Ironhide looks better to me than the grey one that first came out for RotF; the Deluxe Ratchet is interesting but I'm not a fan of it being a deluxe in size. If you can get both from the first film for $20 and they are complete that sounds like a good deal to me.

13. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    I think you should buy the 2 for $20:D 
    Seriously though, deluxe 2010 Ratchet is skinny and weak looking, and 2010Jungle Ironhide has all those ugly white stripes on him...:thumbdown 

14. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

If it helps, you can take the lightning bolts off with 70% Isopropyl alcohol. I think all the pieces are solid plastic versus clear painted parts--mainly I'm thinking about the newly-molded armored windows making those panels solid. (if there are any, just be easy when taking the lightning paint apps off). Plus all the new weapons will make him a lot more fun. Up to you, but to me it'd be worth the wait.

As for the Voyager vs. Deluxe Ratchet, hard to say until the DLX comes out. I can't wait to get him, and I have the Voyager one already.

15. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I've already got the TFTM figs for both (the first releases, not the premiums) and I have virtually no desire to get any others for these characters. I'd get a G1 Ironhide to go with the G1 Ratchet, but that would be it. I don't care for Jungle Attack or NEST or Desert Ratchet or any of those.

I'd suggest just getting the TFTM figs for screen accuracy. Might be worth it to you to track down the premiums, but not to me.

16. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    new brawn toy? How did I miss that? pics?

17. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I prefer the Voyager Ratchet, I got 'em in the first movie wave along with the Rescue repaint. I think the Deluxe looks too cheap, it's just me, though. As for Jungle Attack Ironhide, I'd say definitelly grab him, if you really don't like the thunderbolts, a small, quick, black paintjob really could do the trick.

18. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would probably just pick up the first movie releases if you had the chance. If you really want the new guns you could wait and hope for a sale one day.

If you want the most accurate Ironhide you would have to do some parts swapping or hope TF3 brings us a better mold.

19. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I can recommend Ratchet in a heartbeat. I have the 07 version but I think the ROTF one is just as decent, but if you don't dig the sandy look, you're better off with the original.

Ironhide is more trickier. It seems to get all the cool stuff you need all three version: 07 mold for body accuracy, NEST version for the accurate guns and then the Jungle version for the cool guns..

20. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you can get the '07 ones for $20 together, I'd say go for it. It'll be a little while before we see the other two you're interested in and the original ones are more screen accurate to boot.