movie inconsistencies

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by wolfybulfy, Sep 22, 2006.

1. wolfybulfy

wolfybulfy unethical proctologist

i noticed a few big problems with tftm, some of which have been stated by others before, but others that haven't.

the first obvious one was that a thrown peice of wood into optimus prime's side kills him, but ultra magnus can get blown to bits and just get put back together.

another is that galvatron can disentigrate starscream with one blast from his cannon, but for some reason is never able to duplicate that feat on anything or anyone else for the rest of his life. that would have been helpful against unicron.

the biggest wtf was that unicron can reformat any robot that comes his way, so when all the transformers started attacking him, why didn't he just reformat them into something harmless like robotic toilet paper or something? then he could have kept on going around eating planets and then he would have something to wipe with when he was finished.

i'm not trying to run down the movie, because i liked it. i just wondered if anybody else noticed these things, or if there are any other things that didn't make any sense that you've noticed?

2. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    You're raping my childhood

3. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

Movie. For. Kids.

:D 

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    OMG STFU mine too!

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yes, now I'm going throw away all my transformers in garbage and leave those silly childish things behind!

6. funkatron101

Ebay:
    Seriously though, yeah there are a ton of inconsistancies in the movie. Graphically and story wise. In the 8 or so years that I have been reading Transformers newgroups it has been discussed constantly.

I would chalk it up to what theLostSeeker said. It was a movie for kids. Kids don't care about stuff like that, if they even notice.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, it was a kids action movie. A lot of that never occurred to me at the time. The worst by far though in my opinion is the incredible shallowness of Unicron. He was then, and more or less remains now, a huge gimmick rather than a character with real motivation.

Still love the movie and the big guy, though!

8. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Prime didn't have the junkions to put him back together.

That was the first time Galvatron used his cannon on anyone, probably overcharged it to make a point and was probably left very weak after the blast.

IMO he reformatted dead Decepticons, the ones fighting him were very much alive and resistant to his influence.

9. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

I've got a few possible solutions to your questions:

"the first obvious one was that a thrown peice of wood into optimus prime's side kills him, but ultra magnus can get blown to bits and just get put back together."

Well most probably the particular injures that megatron inflicted on Prime were non-repariable and fatal. Where as Ultra Magnus may have had no particular problems other than he was in a bunch of pieces. Which when put back together he was aok. Or Perceptor couldn't fix prime and just lied. Keep in mind the Quintesons fixed Prime up.

"another is that galvatron can disentigrate starscream with one blast from his cannon, but for some reason is never able to duplicate that feat on anything or anyone else for the rest of his life. that would have been helpful against unicron."

The only thing that comes to mind on this one is that Galvatron was just freshly created by unicron. That could have also been accompied by an extra surge of super energon (To kill ultra magnus). Since he was really pissed with Starscream and he was probably surging with fresh raw energy the first blast from his canon was the strongest he would/could ever give. Thus the dramatic effect.

"the biggest wtf was that unicron can reformat any robot that comes his way, so when all the transformers started attacking him, why didn't he just reformat them into something harmless like robotic toilet paper or something? then he could have kept on going around eating planets and then he would have something to wipe with when he was finished."

This one is easy. He could only do that in planet mode. Since he was already transformered and he probably wanted to have a little fun, he thought what the hell, I'll fight em on their own level, come on.

10. smkspy

Plus these inconsistences are found through out all transformers series.

G1-- You had City of Steel and Triple Changer Takeover.

Beast Wars-- look at the number of Times that Waspinator, Inferno, Terrasaur, and the other Preds get scraped over and over again to point of just being a talking head. But the one time that Dinobot (who is technically a Pred) gets the crap beat out of him he dies.

11. A_U_T_O_B_O_T

A_U_T_O_B_O_T G1 Fan

As much as we debate about this movie and the cartoon the fact still stands that it is indeed a cartoon show. They aren't made to make sense, they're made to entertain.

Though Primes dead didn't entertain me....it made me sad and mad....arrg.

12. funkatron101

Ebay:
    I think we should all come to the conclusion that Prime could not be fixed because of Perceptor.

So if anyone asks in the future "How come Ultra Magnus got fixed, but Prime couldn't?"

The answer is "Because...Perceptor is a dick"

13. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Galvatron was a new character at the time, he had to make a kick ass debut and killing a character like Starscream was a nice way to sell him.

As for Prime, he had to die some way. Might as well make it quick and start introducing the new characters.

14. smkspy

How dare you say it's just a cartoon!!! Your burning my ears by speaking such evils!:lol 

15. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

I did notice some thing hot rod looked the same as rodimus in robot mode but he turned into a minivan

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    a piece of WOOD did not injure prime. that was a chunk of metal.

Prime was beaten, stabbed, slashed.

Magnus, in the original script was simply pulled apart.

huge differences.

17. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

I also noticed nobody kicked hot rods ass for killing prime.If I were prime I would've said," out of the way hot ,aw what the hell" and shot them both:stick: 

18. smkspy

Yeah, and even if Hot Rod was a young Transformer, he was still probably at a million years old and had been in a few battles. I really don't think he'd be stupid enough to tackle Megatron when Prime has him at point blank range.

It would have been interesting to see if Prime would have actually pulled the trigger if HR hadn't interfered. Five of his oldest friends dead in one day...yeah I would have.

19. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, even though the Movie was for kids, there was some effort to explain things. The 2 Autobots that had always saved Optimus were Rachet and Wheeljack who had already been put down. Preceptor was never a doctor or mechanic. Besides, I think Season 3 had the biggest WTF? of all. Why didn't Rodimus invite Wreck Gar and the Junkions to Earth to repair the fallen Autobots? Maybe Rodimus was afraid they would fix Optimus? Instead he had that Funeral Ark built to shoot Optimus and friends off to parts unknown. That Funeral Ark was a worse plot device than Unicron.

Anyway, I like the idea that Galvatron might have broken something (blown a gasket, thrown a rod) in killing Starscream the way he did. :D 

So why didn't Unicron reformat all of Cybertron? He wanted a Happy Meal, not more slaves. His biggest mistake was swallowing the thing that could destroy him. That was stupid. Really stupid. He should have made Galvatron into a gummi ball with a Matrix center and hurled it away. The Autobots never would have found it in time. But this is a cartoon we're writing about.

20. wolfybulfy

wolfybulfy unethical proctologist

some of these attempts at explaining are reeaaaalllly stretching the imagination! :lol  that's ok though. i guess the reason any of those things ever bothered me as a kid was that i didn't want any of the characters to die, and had never seen one die up to that point either. so, it was a complete shock to the system and i was automatically drawn to the "impossibilities" involved in their deaths. it's not like i went back to watch the movie to find this stuff as an adult, because it bothered me when i was 10 years old.