Movie Impact

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BeastWars 4ever, Apr 6, 2007.

1. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know as fans we are probably going to have to have EMS drag us out of the movie theater because of going into cardiac arrest. But what impact do you think the movie will have on everyone else?

2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Depends on various factors honestly

1)It could do for others what Beast Wars did for me in the late '90s and get some people interested in Transformers again.

2)It could do absolutely nothing; meaning that whether it's good or bad it'll have neither a positve or negative effect on the fandom as a whole

3)Depending on how vehemently a detractor hates it it could drive people FROM the fandom as a whole. And I have seen posts on other boards that say as much. On the official board a member was trying to organize a TOTAL boycott of Hasbro TF products to kill the franchise and teach Hasbro a lesson

3. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

People are getting pretty cynical nowadays - Bad special effects are pointed out and derided straight away, but the really good stuff (which TRANSFORMERS will certainly deliver!) tends to be taken in their stride.

As long as the pre-publicity re-inforces the fact that TF offers the best CGI ever, people will be more likely to sit up and notice (I know it sounds odd, but some people will have to be to told that those robots aren't 'real' in the accepted sense otherwise they won't appreciate the work gone into making them!)

I know that the impact of the film won't stem from the script or acting, nor should it in my opinion. I'm pretty sure that some of the more high-faluting critics are going to lay into it something awful for just those reasons. It's a spectacle movie, with no pretensions to being anything other than just that - To review it with highbrow disdain seems rather futile in my opinion, but I know it'll happen.

Ultimately, people who like cool summer action movies will almost certainly love it, while those who think they're above such things & cinema must only be for "artistic expression" will almost certainly hate it.

Will TF toy sales shoot up? Definately. The local (to the UK) reaction to the new DR WHO series has seen the toys flying off the shelves into the hands of little kids who are unaware the show actually began 30-odd years before they were born. Here's hoping the movie energises some more kiddies into the fold of TRANSFORMERS in a similar way....

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Based on what I have seen among adult nonfans, it should earn some more interest in the franchise.

For instance, my neighbor remembers the names Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Starscream from way back when, but that's about it.
    But, he does like jets and has several model kits of those. Now, with the movie coming out, he is interested in getting the Starscream toy because he is an F-22.

I imagine similar situations happening everywhere, if someone likes the Pontiac Solstice, they may pick up Jazz. Someone who likes the Camaro may get Bumblebee. Etc.

Those people may display them on their shelves at work and get even more people interested.

I can tell you this: most of the people I know are not ardent, toy collecting fans, but they think the movie looks like it will be very good and they want to see it.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i thought v for vendetta was the best thing ever and then they made the movie and now its pop fodder.

the best we could hope for is that theyll do a gobots movie too, hope they dont screw that up.

6. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What about the Transmorphers movie. I hear the special effects are going to be great!