Movie....I don't like this

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by wikkiddavis, May 31, 2007.

1. wikkiddavis

wikkiddavis The wikkid man

News Credits:
    I don't know how the rest of the fans feel about this most of you might find it cool and all of that.....but i don't like my transformers in the main spot light like this every were I go I see stuff....that I can't have or own and I dunno why but it pisses the hell out of me.

Then I see this commercial during Are you smarter then a 5th grader about the movie merchindise coming out saturday and that bugs the hell out of me cause I don't get paid till wednesday so i feel less of a fan then I did last month.

I just don't like it ive been collecting these gems sence i was 4 years old im now 19 almost 20 and I don't ever think I seen this much talk about them.

How does everyone else feel on the matter?

2. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

I really don't understand how increased popularity equals bad vibes. The more popular the better. When I was a kid when the show first aired, it was EXTREMELY popular. Now, granted, I doubt it will EVER be as popular as it once was ... but at least it is getting closer.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Erm... what? Are you complaining, being sarcastic, or just stating something?

4. wikkiddavis

News Credits:
    I dunno I liked it when it just was in the shadows no one really cared about it now its everywere. People used to make fun of me being 18 and still collecting toys watching cartoons reading comes etc. But now sence it the new vibe those people who maid stupid remarks want to go see the movie now thats not the problem to me,The problem for me is not being able to actually own all the movie items and things cause thiers just so much of it and all the people who don't usually like transformer are gona get them cause thier frickin everywere now I just don't like that but thats just my 2 cents.

What im trying to say is I just don't like them out and exposed like this I guess is what im trying to say its kinda hard to get my point across over the computer cause i can't seem to put it all in to words.

no im not starting anything just how I feel about it I don't mean no disrepect with anyone or anything I just wanna see how everyone else feels sorry if it came of like that but Now i can see people taking it like that.

5. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I know what you mean. I thought about it too. But if we get more fans, then why not?

6. WheatiesBoy

WheatiesBoy Destroyer

more fans are good man, but I understand what your sayin too.

7. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

Transformers has survived over 20 years because it evolves.

8. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

I think I sort of understand what you are talking about. Transformers used to be your avenue of escape. It was your way of being "unique". And now that everyone else is getting into it, it no longer feels like a unique avenue of escape?

9. wikkiddavis

News Credits:
    Thats what im saying at first I thought you guys were thinking I was compaling or being a baby about it but its more then just toys posters and comics and stuff. Its something I do to get away from stupid shit thats going on in my life but my life isnt bad at all its was just something that gave me something to look forward to from looking at all the botcon pics and toyfare and getting ready for the new stuff to drop.

WHen it did drop thier was only a couple basics, Dexlues and maybe the leader were out or even minicons you know a Small amount of stuff. But holy shit thier like 300 items coming out in 1 day I understand no one is goona get every thing the first day but think about it thats alot of itmes in only one day and then you gotta travel to 5 differnt stores to get all store exclucives and gift cards and all of that crap.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I see what you're saying...but I don't mind since I'm not even close to being a completist I'm not too concerned. I'm definitely just getting some of the toys and not getting all the extended merchandise. That could absolutely kill even a hefty bank account.

11. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    It's just the way the world works. Transformers is THE hot ticket this summer, but it'll eventually cool down again (until the sequel). You shouldnt have anything to get worry about, I'm sure you'll be able to hunt down everything you'll be looking for. And think of it this way, there's definitely gonna be alot of clearanced items later to look forward to.

12. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

I agree, the same happens to me with LOTR, even I abandoned my Tolkien's fanaticism when the movies come out, but always the real fans prevails!!!!!

13. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I don't get the unique thing to be honest....I mean think about it, the crowd at BotCon is generally in the 1,000's. The amount of private fans (fans who don't belong to the online fandom community) are probably just as high.

In today's world it's SO impossible to be unique. So why worry about it? :) 

Besides more people=more people to befriend and share your hobby with. And as I see it, Transformers coming into the mainstream is part of the reason why we're even getting a movie to begin with.

14. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    It's a good thing, really. The day that transformers attains solely "cult" status and drops out of the mainstream altogether is the day that hasbro/takara stop making transformers.

And that's a sad day, indeed.

15. beejaloo

beejaloo Member

dude i understand you completely... ive been kinda feeling the same feeling but just in the back of my mind... that is until i went to target one day to see if they had any out early figuring i'd have an advantage bc, like you, and everyone else on here, we would like to consider ourselves somewhat ahead of the game bc of our loyalty to the franchise. i mean correct me if im wrong on that. but yes, i felt sorely what you are describing when i turned the corner of the isle and saw that there was not but 8-12 movie toys left, out of the WHOLE half isle which was full of movie toy hangers consisting of real gears to the plushes but not either or in between in sight.

16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Hey -I have been collecting for over 20 years.
    If nothing else I feel vindicated with the movie coming out.

Some people kind of know me as "The Transformers Guy" and now they can't believe there is a movie coming out about toys and cartoons that I have loved since the 80s.

I play volleyball during the summer and I have an Autobot symbol on the ball.
    Last year most people who saw it for the first time were like "What is that?"
    This year people who see it for the first time go "Hey, cool. Transformers!"

Transformers are more popular now.
    It's a good thing.

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Unless you think that Transformers is 'selling out'. They do this with every movie. Star Wars, All three Spider-Man movies, the Hulk.
    I mean; when Phantom Menace came out I was actually kinda disgusted to see Obi-wan Kenobi padawan hair braids. I thought that was utterly ubsurd. I still do. I'm not particularly fond of Transformers on more products that I would never even dream of buying, but that is the price you pay for going Hollywood I suppose. So maybe Transformers did sell out. I dunno.

18. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Ha! "The Transformers Guy" That's what my friends called me at my old college, before they knew my name. :) 

19. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    You sure the whole aisle was even filled? They cleared the aisles Monday and then I saw the stock boy put up 4 Leader Prime's at Target tues. and by the time I finished shopping 15 min later, they were all gone without a trace. The shelves have been empty since. I feel like a little kid always sneaking a peek at the X-mas tree at night b/c I stop by Target before & after-work, and sometimes, during lunch since it's right there.

20. Skyfire21

Skyfire21 A Challenger Approaches!

Ebay:
    Transformers is merely going into a Mainstream Resurgance, when G1 was out, you should have seen all the merchandise that was around, it was nuts, they had just about everything out, and the age demographic was buzzing about it, but when its mainstream time passed, it was just the core fans who stuck with it, although many people remember it.

Thats how this movie is going to be i'm sure, sure its everywhere now, but in a while its probally going to fade away, and you'll be a real fan again, and not a "poser" like the people just getting caught up in the hollywood glamour of a new movie.

This is a good thing, believe it or not.