Movie Humans Vs. Prime Humans

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, May 27, 2012.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I don't get it. I just don't get it. TFP focuses far more on the Bots than the movies did. And YET, the show humans are better developed and more fleshed out than the movie ones. I understand why the movies couldn't focus on the Bots as much as the show due to budget contraints. But why didn't the humans get at least as much development? The answer has got to be more complex than "it's a Michael Bay film". Doesn't it?

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Shia Labeouf sucks the all life out of everyone around him. Simple as that.

3. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Disagree.

The only human on Prime that qualifies for character development is Jack.

Miko nor Raf have done much changing or growing. We have seen Jack evolve, though not drastically.

Likewise, in the movies, Sam was the only human that received development.

They're one for one, really.

4. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    agent fowler got some and miko got some aswell ( she don't run off anymore..)

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Miko has been maturing. Simmons got WAY more development than Sam. That's two for two.

6. Silk Spectre

When did Agent Fowler get character development? And not showing Miko run off doesn't really = character development for me because (correct me if I'm wrong, haven't seen the last two episodes) it hasn't been addressed in the narrative. They sidelined Miko and downplayed her traits, but I haven't seen any attempt to show her learning and growing.

Screentime doesn't = development. The character going through an evolution or change in personality on screen and having it acknowledged in some form is development.

We've seen Jack go from a kid who believed this wasn't a fight he should contribute to to a [young] man who's resourceful and clearly has found a place amongst the team.

Likewise, Sam has a similar arc in the movies. But while we see a lot of Simmons, Lennox and Epps and know something of their personalities, they don't have character development.

Miko, Raf and Fowler are on the level of the three movie characters I mentioned above, I think.

7. romXXII

romXXII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Miko's had opportunity for character development; she just didn't take the lesson to heart.

Because goddamn Optimus condoned her loose cannon behavior.

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Stop looking for hidden meanings. That is exactly the case.

Or perhaps it's the fact that Orci/Kurtzman realized their limitations and hired competent writers to pen the episodes.

How do I know this? Because Miko > Sam.

9. Silk Spectre

That's the writers choosing not to explore it, for whatever reason.

ETA: I like Miko, as I've stated in this forum in the past. I never had a problem with her the way others have had and I haven't liked how they sidelined her this season, or her bond with Bulkhead. But I don't think she's gotten any real character development over the course of the show.

10. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    when he first appears he seems like he's gonna be a major ass to the bots but warms up to them. Not much but some.

11. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jack's okay. Other than him, the Movie human characters are 10x superior

12. romXXII

romXXII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Orci and Kurtzman aren't terrible writers. Star Trek was enjoyable, if a bit weak on the science part. I think Bay's influence really is that strong.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Because Bay, for whatever the hell reason, was apparently determined to make the Movie-verse people largely remain stock characters, caricatures or stereotypes.

14. Thunderjet

Thunderjet Well-Known Member

But really, that's the only anwser. As Bay's directing style foucus's more on action and explosions than it does actual character devolopment.

Done!

15. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

To me Prime and the movies have some of the best humans my favorite humans of all time for the record are Lennox, Epps, Fowler, Simmons, and Vogel. The movie did have devlopment such as sam being an average kid to someone that just wants to be average to hopeing to be as important as possible and realizing he needs to grow up and face the world. While they showed Lennox raise threw the ranks and become more important and a repected figure. Also Jack and Fowler as mentioned have devlopted since the beginning. But Raf just kind of there he useful but not much change.

Miko=hate

16. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    TFP humans are so much better. Sam is annoying as hell when he says no every 5 minutes and when he yells "Optimus"! and "Bumblebee!"

17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The TFP humans are better overall. I don't find any of the TFP humans annoying except Miko. In the movies, I find all of them annoying except for the military guys. In the movies, the humans are too stupidly over the top. The robots act more like humans than the humans do.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Perhaps the humans are better on Transformers Prime because they don't have to be bad ass robot killing machines and they don't have to look hot.

Jack just seems like a better character than Sam because Jack doesn't get the girl and Jack doesn't seem to expect adulthood to just be handed to him. Plus Jack seems like more of team player while Sam was one of those "all about me" people.

Raf went from a shy kid who would hardly talk to an important part of the team getting Ratchet all he need so they could get a copy of the date base. Maybe it's slow but the convince level from the early episodes to now has been a big change.

Miko has her heart in the right place even if she goes about things in the wrong way. She doesn't fear the Decepticons but there is also no danger of her taking on the Cons by herself.

And how could you not love Fowler because he gets the funny lines. Sure he's not out there with a rocket launcher but he does get strings pulled so they can remain robots in disguise.

19. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Pretty much this.

Now, if TF4 can focus on Lennox, Epps, Simmons and Dutch (I can dream, can't I?) and give them some nice little moments and development, then the movieverse might challenge TFP. ;) 

20. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    You're probably right. Star Trek was better than I thought it would be - though honestly, I never worry about good science in a Star Trek movie :D  I believe I've heard or read that Bay had them make a lot of changes they didn't want to make but they had no choice.