Heavy/Scratch: Movie Grimlock: 1-12-09 Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by knyghtmare2021, Nov 4, 2008.

1. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    After racking my brain for nearly a year on how to build this guy, I've finally started. This is my first custom that isn't a slight mod/repaint. Tons of work still needs done, head, panels ect. I'm not gonna tell you who it is, you should be able to guess. :) 

11-08-08

New pics added. Still in WIP stage. Tail and body finished. Dinosaur head needs to be constructed. Shins and forearms will probably get some more detail soon. Robot mode about 99% done. Dino about 75%-80%.

Of course no paint just yet... however I've found a really cool hammered silver...

11-12-08

New pics added. Dino and Robot heads done! Dinosaur head is a little hard to make out because if the translucent yellow plastic used, painting should bring out a bunch of details. Started construction on the weapon. Not going to be hidden in alt mode, but oh well. Transformation is complete, and very simple: Split dino head and rotate. Split Tail and rotate. Straighten arms and legs. End result is a fairly large 'backpack' but I like it. Oooooh and the best part... he towers over Movie Voyager Prime!

11-15-08

Painting has begun, and holy Hannah does the detail just POP!

11-15-08 Second Post

WIP painting pics added. Paint is drying. Ill be able to post more work in two days when the paint has cured! As you can see, the paint really pops out the details!

11-17-08

Painting on the figure is complete. Painting on the weapon will start soon. Detail work complete. I left some of the original colours in the joints to more closely match the movie look. And yes, Grimlock is really holding Stockade like that. Please excuse the blurriness in some of the shots.. my camera isn't the best.

11-20-08

Added some black on top of the hammered gray on the arms and legs, and finger tips. Also some in the chest. I might be rethinking the weapon to be kinda a gunblade.... which means starting over on it.. also touched up a couple of places on the hammered gray where the translucent yellow showed through. I'll post some pics either later today or tommorow after 3 p.m.

1-12-09
    Massive update. No pictures yet, but ol Grimmy has been rebuilt! Gotta love how Neo shifters can be disassembled! The transformation is now very close to Classics Grimlock, thus streamlining the bot mode alot. I also beefed up the armor and filled some holes as well as building a new tail. I have a meeting at work tonight, after that I should be able to post some new pics.

Attached Files:

2. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Movie Grimlock? Gridlock? Slugfest?

It's a cool looking Allosaurus you got there. Bot mode needs a proper TF head though.

iDD

3. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Dinobot?
    Looks good so far.

4. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    Movie Grimlock! You got it! It's most definitely still a WIP. Both dino and robot heads have yet to be finished, the tail is just the transformable skeleton. So far this thing has taken two neo-shifters to build, and is gonna need a third!

5. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    WOW! a movie grimlock!
    Autobotx23 started it off with the Longarm Repaint into Him Grimlock lol
    Now we get to see the Dino version of Grimlock:D 
    Good luck:thumbs2: , nd ill be keepin an eye on this thread:D 

6. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    quick bump for an update: Got a lot done, still have a lot to go! Robot mode is 99% done, and dino mode is about 75%. Mods, can you change the title of this thread to Movie Grimlock, or something more appropriate? More WIP pics tomorrow!

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

This is gonna kick ass. hope you dont still my shockwave head idea.

8. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    Bump and update.

9. Terrorcon_King

News Credits:
    Its really coming along there! i cant wait to see him painted n everything. What exactly are you using for the Dino head if you dont mind me askin? :) 
    And will we see any other Dinobots later on after Grimmy here?

10. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    for the dino head, i'm using some of the left over kibble from the neo-shifters I used. And to answer your other question, if I do, I'll only do the orginal three... and Swoop's already flapping around in my head!

11. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    Bump and update!

12. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

The back kibble really credits the original while still maintaining a movie-like feel.

Once this is painted, it'll really force the details to stand out.

13. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

holy hell that looks epic

14. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    Thanx anovasinn! Quick question for everyone who has posted... should I go traditional with a deco, or more movie-like and kinda subdued?

15. Terrorcon_King

News Credits:
    Ahh Very nice :D 
    The Dinohead is coming along, i cant wait to see him fully painted, i feel like doing my own Dinobot now lol but i have enought on my dish already, maybe L8R on :) 
    but as for the T-Rex claws, why not just use Grimlocks Robot modes hands as the T-Rex hands?

16. Terrorcon_King

News Credits:
    Also why not do a Crossover colour G1 but @ the same time Movie like insted of plain Grey do a metalic colour?

17. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    Tried the robot hands as the t-rex hands and they looked a little big. So I stole some parts from armada predacon and plugged em into the holes on the arms... Big head and little arms ya know. Plus the little arms kinda homages the dino toes on the original. And if you plan on doing your own dino bot, if it's anything like mine prepare to buy three neo shifters and a lot of glue lol

18. Terrorcon_King

News Credits:
    Ohh im ready for it :p 
    The Neoshifters im not worried about there on Rollback @ my local Wal-Mart 9.65, ans the glue, im not worried bout that ether lol i have a couple of tubes of it already lol.
    But i would have to think which dinobot i would do?
    well when i have a chance im going to sketch out some ideas, n then ill post it lol

19. Ayleron

Ayleron Autobot Vanguard

That looks outstanding! You captured the essence of what Grimlock should look like in the movie-universe REALLY well. He really needs a different head though. I wonder if you could mod a movie starscream or prime head into a grimlock head. Those dumbed down "kid-friendly" movie toys had bigger heads that might be big enough to fit the size.

20. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i do think the bot and dino head need a little something but this is fantastic and really really creative. im very stoked about this one