Movie game reviewed on gamespot

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Solid Alexei, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
  2. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

AND THE VERDICT IIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!

.........Ouch.

No wonder the PC version is so cheap.

3. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I only played for about 5 minutes so far and was just goofing around. It seemed pretty fun. Definately better than those scores indicate.

4. Lateralus

Gamespot is very unbiased and I respect their reviews. Looks like it could be fun for a week or so. It's worth my money (which is like 20 bucks)

5. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    so the PC version is out aswell? what are the system specs?

6. Lateralus

Uhhh......they're around here somewhere. But they are realllllly low.

7. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I usually add about 1 to 1.5 pts to their rating, unless it's really high.

8. Galvatron397

Galvatron397 Official TFW Omni-Geek

Hmm, to trust Gamespot or not to trust Gamespot? Sometimes their reviews are sooo far off-track that it'll make you wonder if they accidently played another game by mistake. On the other hand, sometimes you wonder if you're reading your own thoughts EXACTLY; Guess I'll have to wait for a second opinion. :D 

9. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Why don't you guys just use Game Rankings. There ARE other legit game reviewers out there, and this website groups them all togehter.

http://www.gamerankings.com/

10. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

I'm not saying the game is great (even though I really did enjoy the parts I played), but I think a lot of jaded game reviewers are entering their reviews with chips on their shoulders because it's a movie game.

11. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would have to agree that the game, while fun, is at best OK. Its pretty simple and I have lost missions due to the stupidest reasons. The control while driving is CRAP. They made it way too loose. The game needs some fixes.

That said, the game is fun and definitely pretty at times. I would say a C for me.

12. Galvatron397

Galvatron397 Official TFW Omni-Geek

Is it easy? I'm an achievement whore here... :D 

13. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    How about you guys stop letting other people tell you whats good and just go buy it. or Go and Rent it.

14. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

Some parts of the review that bothered me:

In regards to using the same "Three hit combo", am I the only one who likes to mix things up when I play? When I went into a fight, I would use all the tools I had to fight not only because it looked cool, but because it kept things fresh. I guess there are some people that just want to mash the same buttons over and over, but as far as things go with me, I like to use everything because it makes for more dynamic play.

When blowing up an entire city block, isn't kind of expected that the visuals might be a bit indecipherable? I wouldn't expect perfect vision while 10 cars blew up and buildings were falling to the ground :p 

15. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I have to agree. I played the 360 one for 3 hours tonight. If it didnt say TRANSFORMERS on it I would have quit after 20 minutes.

16. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Pretty much. I enjoy the characters and some of the robot action is fun. BUT IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD TO GET OUT OF A SLIDE! Seriously! Oh, and the physics engine...*sigh*

Really, I have it just to keep me happy until July 2.

17. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    That is the irony. If the controls were better, the game would be HELLA easy. No problem solving, none of that. Just BLAM! The difficulty in the game comes from the controls. When I was 10, that was good enough...now I want a little bit more.

18. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Well, I was lovin it until I got to the part where you (Blackout) have to fight Ironhide. I tried & tried & tried & finally had to shut it off. What a friggin nightmare! There's just too much **** goin on & if you go near him he starts shootin a constant barrage from his cannons & kills you in a second. There's gotta be a trick to a quick kill, there just has to be! Or a code, that would be nice cuz I really don't have the patience for the type of BS they throw at you on this level.

I read the reviews & pretty much agree with them. Your primary & secondary weapons are USELESS against the bosses & those annoying tow truck bastards that constantly swing the chains over their heads. There's not much to do in each level, just a few small missions, collect 100 yellow cubes, collect 5 faction symbols & there are a couple lame sub-missions. The car steering is horrible. And the physics engine does suck. Throw a bus & it feels like you threw a bus shaped balloon.

The most fun is just wandering around the city blowing stuff up, terrorizing the people & pissing off the police, military & S7. Climbing the buildings in the city level is pretty cool too. But it feels more like Mecha King Kong in a Godzilla game.

19. BlackOut666

BlackOut666 Active Member

i just play transformers the game on ps2 one word for

OMFG AWESOME :D 

20. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

BLACKOUT vs. IRONHIDE = NOT AWESOME!!!! :banghead: