Movie from a book wish

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ambushbug74, Oct 23, 2007.

1. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Ok, with reading all these posts about movies that will be remade, or adapted to animation, or what you wish would be remade. I had another question, what book would you like to see made into a movie? There are a few I would love to see Clive Barker's "The Theif of Always" at one point it was going to be made by Nickelodean as their first feature, but something happenend and it got shelved. Also by Clive Barker there was a series called "The Great and Secret Show" and it's sequal "Everville" that I always wanted to see as a movie series. Another one is a book by Michael Chabon called "The Amazine Adventures of Kavalier and Clay". It's a fictional story loosley based on Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster who created Superman and the crap they went through.

2. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Theodore Judson's Fitzpatrick's War and something set in Terry Pratchett's Discworld universe. Sky One's 2006 adaption of The Hogfather proves that it can be done, and done well.

3. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Animal Farm by George Orwell?

That'd be neat.

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Somehow I read the title as Movie from a Wishbook as in the old sears Wishbooks they put out around Christmas.

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Already done. My English teacher made us watch it last year. Wasn't half bad. :thumb 

6. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Gregory MacGuires' Wicked
    Or another (good) version of Tomie.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Jules Verne's Paris in the Twentieth Century :thumb .

Edit: Just remembered a couple more. The Artemis Fowl books would be interesting. Charlie Higson's Silverfin would also make for a good movie in my opinion :D .

8. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

A version of Dune that gets it right

and Otherland by Tad Williams

I doubt we would get either since the shere scope of these books would be impossible to completely transfer to the big screen unless the move was over 4 or 5 hours long. (The first book in the Otherland series is around 800 pages)

9. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Twice, in fact.

The 1954 animated film, or the 1999 live-action tv movie?

10. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Wheel of Time, though it'd probably be better to make it a continuing TV series rather than a series of movies due to the length and number of novels. I'd also like to see the Dark Elf Trilogy brought to life. I think that is do-able.

:dj 

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Tom Clancy's Debt of Honor

12. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

John Steakley's Armor. Powered battle armor Vs. giant alien ants = awesome sauce.

I'd also love to see a movie of Stephen King's short Story Jerusalem's Lot.

13. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

The Masters of Rome saga (The First Man in Rome, The Grass Crown, Fortune's Favourites, Caesar's Women, Caesar: Let The Dice Fly, The October Horse, and Antony and Cleopatra) By Colleen McCullough, Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield, Julian by Gore Vidal, The Eagle series by Simon Scarrow, The Warlord Chronicles ( The Winter King, Enemy of God, Excalibur: A Novel of Arthur), The Saxon Stories (The Last Kingdom, The Pale Horseman, The Lords of the North, Sword Song) The Starbuck Chronicles ( Rebel- Bull Run, 1861, Copperhead- Ball's Bluff, 1862, Battle Flag- Second Manassas, 1862, The Bloody Ground- Battle of Antietam, 1862) by Bernard Cornwell, The Ten Thousand: A Novel of Ancient Greece, The Last King: Rome's Greatest Enemy, The Alexander Trilogy ( Alexander: Child of a Dream, Alexander: The Sands of Ammon, Alexander: The Ends of the Earth) by Valerio Massimo Manfredi, Pride of Carthage: A Novel of Hannibal by David Anthony Durham, The Troy Trilogy ( Troy: Lord of The Silver Bow, Troy: Shield of Thunder, Troy: Fall of Kings) by David Gemmell.

14. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Meg

15. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Virgil's Aeneid.

16. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

Starship Troopers, cause that movie damn well wasn't based off the book!

17. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

I would love to see "Ratha's Creature", "Clan Ground", "Ratha and Thistle-Chaser", "Ratha's Challenge", and "Ratha's Courage" made into a five part series of films.
    But in Traditional Animation/2D animation. Kind of like "Felidae" or "The Plague Dogs".
    -If anyone remembers way back in the 80s. "Story Break" on CBS did a short animated summary of the first novel. They edited the hell out of it though, and got some parts wrong c_c...

(by the way, of anyone was a fan of the Ratha novels, they're being reprinted and available on Amazon :D )

Non animated; it would be "American Gods", I mean holy hell would that be a wicked ass movie.

I was thinking it would be neat if they made "Blood and Chocolate" a movie too. But they already did, and it hardly follows the story, which was very well done. The movie was "okay". Just as long as you don't expect it to be like the novel.

o____o They did a animated version of "Animal Farm"? *flail* I know it's old as hell animation but *fret fret fret* How was it? I've seen the live-action one. Which was not half bad.

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    haha

that was an awsum movie still btw. gotta love that alien with the visage like a vagina.

19. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

The Dark Tower. All of them.

I'd also like to see an adaptaion of The Dark Knight Returns.

American Gods.

Haunted would make an extremely f'd up horror flick.

20. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The first half, absolutely. Not the second part, where's he's all angsty and fighting space pirates or something...
    I love this book, but I kinda feel like the ideological fervor that was such a great part of it all would be really lost without the footnotes.

But visually, it could be a very, very arresting film--dirgibles, the Khan-like tent palace at the end.

I really think that many of my favorite stories work better as literature. Not that film isn't a worthwhile medium, just that the two are different and for some things I prefer the written word. But I'd be down with Ender's Game. I know that's an easy choice, but I think it's a great story that could benefit with some great visuals. The game at the end interspersed with visuals of the actual battles, the zero gravity training exercises. Be cool to see live.

Nothing else jumps to mind, but I'd probably choose SF if anything else, just for the visuals.