Movie Flaws

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by The Demolisher, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

OMG PLANT!!!!

2. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    SHHH! You'll blow my cover!

3. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I for one agree with you on the factor that different things make it perfect.

4. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Yet you provide no evidence as to how they're not flaws, no reasoning as to why you think they aren't. This is just ridiculous Relativism now -while there is obviously a huge subjective element with a film, there are still many "dos" and "don'ts" for making a good Transformers film.

I shouldn't even have to argue the point that nothing can be perfect. It's impossible. There is no way that there couldn't have been something to add or remove that would have made you enjoy it more.

I don't respect "Opinions" that have no realistic basis. I don't respect Opinions just for beign opinions.

5. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

THIS MOVIE EXEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS

1.) the cartoon had less plot than this not more. It was about the cons tryin to get energon cubes.thats lamer than this plot.

2.) lack of character- no. there is quite enough character for each, plus there will be sequels to buil more on the character.

3.) the designs- this is an opinion based argument. and as i and many others have stated before this is not G1 this is new. I am glad they used as much G1 as they did. what if prime was a sports car? DAMN they even have his G1 voice for christ sakes. so wake up and smell the flowers.

4.) human emphasis- an ANTI human movie would have even less plot.

by the way...:horse: 

[edit] srry about that i got carried away[/edit]

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Exactly subjective flaws...people pointed out POTC3's subjective flaws even though i consider that to a 'perfect' film.

It is fun to talk about those subjective flaws though, but it isnt fun to be in the middle of a damn flame war when your simply trying to discuss a stupid movie.

At three though, I'm getting off work early, going to drink some beer, and not think twice about the movie.

But I will see it again (something I swore I wouldn't do)...I feel I've missed several things esp sitting in the third row.

7. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Dude. calling someone a ******ed fuck is way over the line. not cool.

8. smkspy

Besides the designs how is talking about a movie's (that was just released yesterday) flaws beating a dead horse?

And I dunno about two races fighting over natural resources and their uses is lamer than a magical cube that gives life.

Thats another thing I was wondering...If the Allspark gave every transformer life then does mean that the autobots started out has mindless savages just likethe decepticons? This would mean that they evolved and the allspark is...

9. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Ultimately, I would like someone to defend the notion that it's always wrong to criticise someone else's opinion, and why this would not extend to such ridiculous things as say, Creationism, which is an "Opinion" too but one that's scientifically almost definitely wrong.

10. smkspy

And with that the thread is going to be closed...

11. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Do forgive me again, but your first statement about not respecting opinions is in a essence criticising someone elses opinion.

12. Tfgraveyard

News Credits:
    You're wrong again. This movie, to me, was perfect.

as for your subjective flaws:

1. The plot. I enjoyed the plot, had no problem with it.
    2. Lack of character. No problems there for me. I found the characterization was fine, with actions speaking louder then words.
    3. Designs(source material). I love the designs. I'm also glad they didn't go a more g1 route.
    4. Humans. No problem there at all, either. I like the human parts of the story, and have never minded the human interaction in any tf series.

You're opinion has no realistic basis, yet I still respect it. Huh, go figure.

13. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

so your saying to me that you dont want people to critisize your opinions, but mine is definately wrong...

14. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I did have an excellent post with which to debate but the board buggered up and ate so instead I'll refer you to this:

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    1) There is a plot, more than satisfying plot to me.
    2) When you're dealing with so many stars, for sure some characters will be overlooked, but we will get more movies to find out about them. So I don't care. Prime, Bumblebee, Frenzy and Megatron were the robotic stars of the movie, live with it.
    3) Designs had to be updated, we're in 2007, not 1984. Prime is easily recognizable and that is all we need.
    4) Story is taking place on Earth, so yeah, the story needs humans. If the next movie in on Cybertron, that will be another story.

16. mtalon1

mtalon1 Active Member

*sigh*

How many episodes of cartoons + issues of comics did we have for G1? Think you can cram that much character development into 2 hours? Compare the original pilot for the cartoon to the movie (or the 1986 movie to this movie, and disregard the TV show all together). Yeah, my favorite character Starscream got shafted...a situation I hope is rectified next time. The rest was gold, and Frenzy is an awesome example.

Lame plot? Pleaze...the tv show was full of them. And for all the love, the 1986 movie was plot flawed too. I could get into that, but that's another discussion.

This was a GOOD Transformers movie. It will lead to more, which means more character development on returning bots. That's my opinion. If you don't like it, oh well. That's what makes free speech fun.

17. smkspy

I can understand the amount of human interaction in the movie. The soldiers, Sam, Megan, the Sec of State, and Sector 7 fit perfectly into the movie I thought. I feel the cast went alittle overboard with the hackers subplot and the parents. Those elements IMO were there simply because the budget could not fit in more screen time for the Transformers. I could have done without those, but I understand why they were there. I'm hoping that since this movie will be a hit that the expanded budget will focus more money into the Transformers for the next movie and less on unneccessary human characters.

18. Tfgraveyard

News Credits:
    Exactly. :) 

And i'm going to see it again Friday night, with my brothers(both of which are not tf fans at all, will be interesting to see what they think), and then again on Saturday with my buddy and his wife.

It's entirely possible I may find some flaws in it with multiple viewings, but for now, I still consider it perfect. :) 

19. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Another thing you have to look at about the G1 cartoon series...the average person watching was a child. Not an adult who would pay that much attention to plot. Would a kid care if the decepticons were attaching the Hoover Dam, or a airforce base to get energy for their energon cubes...NO! They would look at it as, "The decepticons are up to an evil plan. Where are the autobots to defeat them?" and "Oh look, there is a new character!" The rate they brought in characters in the show was outrageous. And they didn't give them much backround story, they just showed up. Kids don't need that type of point, simpler things make more sense to them. This movie wasn't made for just us die-hard, old school fans...or for just a random Transformer fan...it was made for the sake of making. To see if it could be done. Any movie made that wasn't based off something like a cartoon or a book can be the same way, just made, with either a good plot or bad plot, with good or bad characters, and good or bad ideas.. Movies are made off of video games as well. There will be differences! Even if they were made exactly the same plot, lines, and characters it wouldn't be the same...

20. smkspy

That certainly is possible, and I may like the movie even more after a second viewing.

Funny, when Spider-man 2 first premiered I saw it like 3 times even once at the imax, and loved it. Two years later I watch it to get ready for SM3, and now I see it has a very flawed film. I still like the film though despite its flaws.