Movie Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TimothyVernon, Feb 16, 2007.

1. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

does anyone have any of the figures from the movie? if so which ones?

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I have Voyager Class Ratchet, and he's awesome.

3. TimothyVernon

do you have any complaints with him cause i just bought him too, and how much did you get him for?

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    He was $60 shipped to the UK. I don't have any complaints at all, other than his claw being a little loose.

5. TimothyVernon

awesome. all together mine was $53, but i really really want delux barricade

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I'm sort of curious about this...

I mean, obviously everybody is entitled to spend their disposable income as they please, but I was just wondering how you guys convince yourselves to buy advance leaked versions of figures at big mark-ups, when those same figures will be clogging store aisles in a matter of months?

Is it a chance to have the figure before anyone else? Is it simple impatience, combined with available cash?

I know a lot of folks buy these figures for top dollar, and I can sort of understand that for unique or very rare items... but why not just wait a few months for the official release, and get them at a fraction of the price?

I'm a hardcore cheapskate, so I have a hard time understanding the huge collectors' prices anyway, but this practice in particular seems odd to me.

zmog

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I bought it for the same reason I buy any TF; I wanted to. That simple.

8. TimothyVernon

yeah.. i bought it cause i wanted it.. and was impatient.. and figured why not, i mean.. minus shipping it was only 23 dollars. it's just one less thing i have to wait for.

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

So you're saying you just didn't feel like waiting for it, and money was not an object, so you went ahead? I mean, obviously you bought it because you wanted to. I wasn't assuming that you guys buy them with someone holding a gun to your head. :) 

I was just curious why many collectors don't wait and pay less for the same thing. I'm getting that it just stems from an anxiousness to hold the thing in your hands, rather than spending the next 4-5 months just staring at the pictures longingly like the rest of us schmoes... :) 

And I guess if you rationalize it, triple the price is not so bad considering you don't have to go out and hunt one down... it just shows up on your doorstep.

zmog

10. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I see your point, SMOG. And, I can also see wanting to be one of the first to get a toy. However, being a similarly minded tightwad, I can't personally justify spending a premium for something that will be on shelves in a few month's time. I may be willing, though, to spend some extra on a proto or test shot, just for the unique nature of the item. I've been tempted to grab some of the early ebay'd movie items, but I'd rather spend the extra $$ on completing some G1 stuff.