Movie Figure drought almost over...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by oddobot, Aug 3, 2007.

1. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    Hey guys and gals,
    Your friendly neighborhood WalMart employee just dropping by with an explanation as to the empty shelves at your stores and my own. They are getting ready to reset the mods next week, that is why so many shelves have sat empty for so long.I have a copy of the action figure aisle mod right in front of me.There are 15 spots for movie deluxes, 6 spots for the robot replica assortment,the voyager and leader class assortments the "ULT" assortment, and the unleashed turnarounds. There are also spots for a "Trans. Portable PC, Trans Desktop PC, and the TECH role play stuff.And a couple of sections down is the spots for the 25th Anniversary GI Joe stuff. So there you have it, the drought is just about over.

Good luck and happy hunting, i'll post the pics of the mod if you guys don't believe me!!

ODD...

2. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

can you fix the uk drought as well :begs:

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    God himself couldn't do that.

4. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Thanks Oddbot. My stores typically don't even follow resets like that until about a month after the leaked date, and even then selection is spotty. But I remain optomistic.

5. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

There are spots, but is there stock to fill those spots? That's the real question.

6. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Agreed

7. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So, is there an exact date the reset will happen or is it just whenever the stores get around to it next week? Just wondering. Thanks!

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That seems to be the issue with Target, and I would bet with Walmart as well.

Sure there will be a reset, but that doesn't mean stock is going to magically appear in the warehouse.

9. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There is at mine. (At least, according to an employee prepping for it yesterday.) She said they "haven't bothered" restocking, because they're waiting for the reset.

Yeah. Having 3 Bonecrushers, no FABs, 10 or so Real Gears, 2 Robot Heroes packs, 1 Voyager, and no Leaders on the shelf for about 2 weeks when you have stock on hand seems BRILLIANT. :banghead: 

10. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Typical Walmart toy aisle

11. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    I trust a wal-mart employee's word as far as I can throw them. This is the store that at least once a month tells collectors they're no longer stocking Star Wars figures because the current assortment comes up as discontinued in their system. I'll believe they have stock in back when it shows up on the pegs.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:

Indeed! My has Alot of DLXS No 08 BB,2 Leader Megatron, Gazillions of CS,R.G and No Legends.

13. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm hoping personally they'll stay in decent stock for a while, as I'm low on funds and hoping for some kind of store sale somewhere before I start getting movie stuff, 2 get one free, whatever you know

14. Starkenator

Starkenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone know if TRU is planning to do a reset like Walmart and Target? The reason I ask is I went to my local TRU 3 weeks ago looking for concept BB and the guy said they had 40 in their computer as being in stock (probably on one of their trucks apparently) but their shelves were totally devoid of deluxes. He said they could not pull any off the truck for me though. I checked a few times over the next week too any they still did not put out any new stock (except Optimus unleashed). I wonder if they could have been waiting for a "reset" too before they stocked their shelves.

15. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I'd like to know this too, since everyone's talking about Target and Walmart only. I find the big TRU I go to to usually have the most stock available. I guess I'll go Sunday and find out.

16. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, I've never seen Leader Megs at any of the Wal-marts near me. I've only seen him in KB, TRU and once in Target. He's very scarce in Jersey.

17. Skyfire21

Skyfire21 A Challenger Approaches!

Ebay:
    As far as I know, there arent any resets at my TRU (except for the r zone), but i've been checking the system, and the main wherehouse, only had a couple cases in stock, then early this week, they got 50+ cases in. So, we'll see, i'm checking the computer everyday.

18. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    Well I checked today and it breaks down like this:
    UPC: 0065356923294 TRA MOVIE DELUXE ASSORT 145
    UPC: 0065356923304 TRA MOVIE REPLICAS 24
    UPC: 0065356923296 TRA MOVIE VOYAGER ASSORT 20
    UPC: 0065356923296 TRA MOVIE LEADER AS 8
    UPC: 0065356923297 TRA MOVIE ULT ASSORT 4
    UPC: 0065356925279 TRA UNLSH TURNAROUND 8

That's all I had time to check today, but hey it's a start isn't it??

ODD

19. butz

butz slippery when wet

I have reason to believe that my local Wally's has some stuff in the back; I've been checking the one closest to me every single morning before I go in to work for new TFs (I also pick up something to drink, so I'm not just that guy who comes in and never buys anything). One morning, after I had been in the night before, I found a lone Arcee figure on the shelf; figured they put out a new case the night before and a scalper had nabbed all the others at the very crack of dawn. I checked again that night, just in case maybe they had been stashed somewhere and resurfaced when the aisles were straightened or whatever; nothing. Next morning I stop in even earlier (had to work earlier that day) and there was a lone Dreadwing on the shelf. No other evidence of new figures, no increase in the numbers of the peg warmers (Swindle, Wreckage, and Bonecrusher).
    I find it hard to believe that they're getting scalped that badly that checking first thing every morning I find individual new figures, and no additional peg warmers. I also find it even harder to believe that parents are in there that early buying up all the figures for their kids.
    My best guess is that they have some on hold in the back, and a couple of them accidently were stocked on the pegs that are about to be reset. Its possible that they were returns, but they weren't opened or tampered with in the slightest (I know, because I bought them) and how would I have missed them being stocked if I had been checking every morning for a couple weeks prior to finding them?

20. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Weird.