Movie Designs 2

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by dak, Jul 6, 2007.

1. dak

dak <b><font color=blue>I am DAK! The customizer!</fon

News Credits:
    I had already asked Super_Megatron about this and got a pretty decent answer. I also tried asking Arron Archer with not much luck, but lets see what you guys think.

For the second TF movie, do you think they would keep the same CG models of the autobots, or do you think they would change them? The advantage to keeping them the same is you don't need to spend more money on changing their design. the advantage to changing means new character toys, and a new feel.

As for toys, keeping it the same could mean same toys but new paint? or same character with a new way of transforming the toy? New designs means totally new toys, and more money spent again.

What are your oppinions/ thoughts on this?

2. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    If they keep Starscream for TF2 they should release a leader sized toy version. If they bring Blackout back to life they should make a Supreme sized toy. (I so hope he comes back to life along with Megatron). Megatron gets a upgrade because of the Allspark but Blackout simply comes to life again.

3. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, those models were expensive. My guess is that they'll re-use as much of the models from the first film as possible, perhaps making improvements where needed as the budget allows.

Hopefully, if this is the approach that is taken, this will allow more budget for rendering more screen time of the TFs.

From the toy standpoint, I could see perhaps creating new molds of the same movie designs using improved engineering. Applying what they learned from the first approach of translating the movie designs to toy form and improving upon it. The result would be better toys of the same/similar designs that are possibly more accurate to the movie models and have some interesting features not included in the original toys.

4. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    yeah i agree with xaxis they are going to reuse the designs they have which will allow us as fans to get an even better movie which i dont see how that will happen since this was an amazing movie but, this will allow more money to be put toward writers and more toy designs. Im excited to see how the sequel is going to look!

5. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

They'll probably keep the overall skeletons and model but I hope they tweak it alot giving everyone a slightly fresher look. Little things like new paint job, lighting and texture change can make a big difference for low price.

6. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    It probably also depends on if GM is going to be a major sponsor. It's likely they will, but you might see some slight alterations. Optimus would definitely be the same being that his particular design is now widely recognized in addition to Bumblebee. If, say Ford or Toyota pony up more money than GM, then there could be changes. Bumblebee becomes a Mustang or Supra (if they bring it back) and Ironhide becomes a Super Duty or a Tundra. Considering how easily Bumblebee went from a 70's Camaro to an 09 Camaro it's not too far fetched were that to happen.

7. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

I think they should use the same CG models for the remaining characters for two reasons: One, consistancy and continutity. And two, it'll save time and money that can be put towards new character designs.

As for the toys, just because the CG model for a character looks the same doesn't mean that Hasbro can't still release a different, hopefully improved toy for said character.

How many Superman, Batman, and Spiderman figures have been released over the years and those guys don't change their look much?