Movie Combiners

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mordecai6, May 16, 2008.

1. mordecai6

mordecai6 Mexi-con

News Credits:
    So we've all been anticipating that Devastator would be in the second movie, and he even appeared in the first unused draft. But giving the fact that they're going for realism, and some concepts that were awesome in the cartoons like the dinobots might not actually pan out in the movies. Going along these lines wouldn't Menasor be a better choice for a combiner? This way yes hell be big but he won't be crazy huge to the point of looking ridiculous, and the fact that he's made up of cars. If Devastator was made up of 6 huge Bonecrusher sized robots, it just might look too goofy. What do you all think?

2. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

The Constructicons hold a special fondness from me as they were the very first TFs I ever got, so they are something I want to see in the movie big time. I also think a monsterous, towering robot that they could show smashing skyscrapers and towering over downtown Philidelpha or Pittsburgh (going from the supposed filing at UPenn) would just be awesome. :bay 

That bit of fanboyishness aside, I think I worked out something that could possibly make it more believable/"realistic" and less silly looking (and if any one from the movie's reading this, feel free to steal it. :lol ).

Your basic TF combiner is basically a "limbformer".. basically, each robot forms a specific part of the Gestault.. a leg, the torso, an arm, whatever. Keeping with the segmented shifting parts of the first movie, perhaps instead of doing that, these Constructions or whatever just sort of.. merge. Basically each unfolding into a portion of the whole as opposed to clearly defined segments. That might give them a more defined looking machine than something that clearly has what's obviously a cement mixer for one leg and what's obviously a front-end loader for the other and so on.

The one downside to this idea is I can't see how Habsro could recreate it in toy form, so they might shoot it down like they did with early concept models from the first film.

3. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whatever ILM creates, I'm sure it'll be :bay 

4. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here hoping for Combaticons in TF2.

5. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I honestly think they should go with devvy and then have the autobots create/contact one of their combiners to go head to head with devvy. I would almost think a Superion would make sense as there was no autobot flying vehicles in the first movie.

6. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I hope to god they don't make another "monster" Decepticon. I shudder at the thought of the Combiner being nothing more than another King Kong. Just a mindless monster roaring and screaming like an idiot without a brain.

I want to see some battle tactics. A PLAN. Some kind of intelligent design, a nefarious scheme. Something! Well, not just something - I don't want to see more MacGuffins.

Iron Man, the first X-Men movie, Superman, the newest Batman movies - they all show that you can have action WITH a plot and character building. If Hollywood gives us more of the same - expect Transformers to join the Fast and Furious. Its the plot, stupid!

7. ShawtyGee

ShawtyGee Well-Known Member

I think Bruticus would fit the bill.
    Original Devastator would be prefered
    I think a totally new Combiner will be introduce.
    And I am pretty sure he will be a Decepticon.

8. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I say the menasor group all the way cause it will be :bay 

9. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movie is shooting at Bethlehem Steel, so that is a big indicator the Constructicons will appear.

10. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think we'll se a combiner as the Hasbro Pannel at Botcon said that was highly unlikeley, but I think we might see some members of combiner teams who don't combine like in TF1 and Universe.

11. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    and animated. The constructicons don't combine in animated.

12. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    abominus....terrorcons...
    could see it done on the factor of decepticons crashing into the sea on the way to earth and taking sea/animal forms....of course artistic liberties could be taken in making them market acceptable.....

13. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

well nothing is for certain about the second movie since Micheal Bay is putting out false information. I heard they were going to do dinobots and a combiner, but now i heard no dinobots but a new race of robots. I also heard rumor of them doing a unicron saga since most of the story of the newer transformers goes around him. The only know fact is Shia LaBeouf will be in it. However they found three barricade cars so he will more than likely be in the movie. I did find this picture though.
    [​IMG]

14. soundwave34

soundwave34 OBSESSED Transformers Fan

That's a relief.

15. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

maybe 6 trainbots combier [raiden] - autobot vs 6 seacons combier [king posedion]- deception in tf2 movie

16. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

The only one I'd hope for would be Devastator.

17. mordecai6

mordecai6 Mexi-con

News Credits:
    haha I wonder why...:rolleyes: 

18. Darkscreamer785

Darkscreamer785 Waiting For The End

Well, I'd loved to see Devastator, but personally I 'd love to see the Stuntacons and the Seacons more.

19. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

What can I say, I'm a hopeless fan.
    Devastator was the only set that my parents refused to get me.
    It was far more then they were willing to pay.
    Suppose that created some kind of obsession.
    :p