Customs: Movie Combiner HELP

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Long_Haul, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

What's Good World, It's your Boi ............Long_Haul with LONG_HAUL Creations
    I'm looking to build my 1st combiner, and me being a HUGE fan of the Movie Verse, i figured this would be an awesome challenge for me as a Rookie Customizer. So i got the Limbs Coming in the mail (Still Need Primus Arms) and Ive got all my Vehicle's for the Body, EVEN got the body modes (torso, Leg, etc...). But now I'm at the point were I'm beginning to want to drop this project cause i cant seem to even THINK on how i can connect everything. Ive heard, Bionicles, Neo Shifters, Lego Knights Connectors, Neodymium magnets. And Im hoping i don't need all OF THOSE, lol. So i want your help, just throw in any and every tip you have, Links, websites to check out, Other customizers to ask and all that Jazz

PLUS:
    If you have any of the Connectors Ive mentioned Above, Please PM or Email me @ longhaulcreations@hotmail.com, i will be happy to buy...................Or you can donate to a Brother, haha.
    Just leave any comments you can, It all helps

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What combiner?

If your following movie designs there are no part limbs. Everything is part of something on the robot.

Look at devastator for an example

3. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like I told you in PM, at this point nobody is going to be able to tell you how to make things connect. It is truly all trial and error. It is not something that can or will be completed in a week or even a month.

You need to figure out where you want the limbs to connect to a central structure and then figure out where on the figures you can hide or incorporate the connection points. This is where the madness comes in to play. It literally took me 5 months of trial and error to figure out where and how I could install, hide, and then ultimately collect all of the figures and still have stability and strength for my movie verse Menasor.

Check out my thread on my Menasor... not sure it will help, but you will get an idea on the time and dedication it will take to make one of these.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...liance-menasor-keep-checking-new-updates.html

4. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

I know bro and thanks again, I'm just trying to soak up as much info as I can. I guess I was using this to ask other kats for parts I mentioned. I know it trail and error, it just seems like when I start a project I'm always missing something to keep me from continuing. Sorry if posting this ruffled some feathers

5. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:

No feathers ruffled.... I just did not want you to get dissapointed when nobody answered. One thing I have learned is that you will ALWAYS be missing something when working with a project. :D 

6. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

True that :D 
    Thanks brother, I just wanted to post this to maybe get the attention of the One's who have donr combiners before, and MAYBE had some of the Items i listed lying around. lol

7. cingularman31

cingularman31 Alternator Freak

News Credits:
    I have some Old Bionicle Parts I could send ya. PM Me if interested!

Stixx