Movie character concept boards?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Incepticon, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Is there a website out there that has all of the character concept boards that we've seen so far? I'm trying to find them all (Prime, Bumblebee, Blackout/Incinerator, Megatron. etc) to forward to some friends, but can't seem to find a central source to grab them all in one shot without having to scour news sections & forums.

Thanks!

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Why whould you want to do that to FRIENDS?

3. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Cause the concepts are interesting, and they might like them :D 

I know I do.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Hehe, because no one believes me that the designs could possibly be *that* different to what they already know or expect. Plus trying to describe what they've turned Megatron & Starscream into is near impossible without visual reference.

5. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Passing around outdated leaked content as fact is a bad idea. I'd suggest letting them find out for themselves what the robots look like, via official material released by the filmmakers (trailer, posters, website, etc).

I can't tell you furious I would be as a designer if someone was passing around my year-old rough draft work and claiming it to be an accurate representation of my final product. Have some decency.

6. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Easy dude, I'm just wanting to send some buddies the concept boards of characters we've already seen plastered ALL OVER every TF website on the net. Nothing indecent about it, especially not when you look at how the webmasters of those sites announced & responded to the images, nevermind the fan reactions they encited.

Christ.

7. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Actually tomorrow I'm going to create a post with all the Movie images in it and sticky it in this forum. Good idea.

8. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kickass! XD

9. Cory Bauer

Sorry for being so harsh, I didn't mean anything against you personally. I'm just kind of fed up with the fandom, including certain news organizations, passing around year-old unconfirmed concept art to all their friends and saying, "hey everybody, come look at how bad the movie's going to be! hahaha, they're so dumb!".

10. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Ya. They get tunnel vision I think. The ones that patrol these boards are obsessed for the most part. Give them a little scrap ... doesnt matter how old and how many times you tell them it was a CONCEPT shot and they run with it is the end of the Transformers universe as they know it.

I mean common .... ITS A CONCEPT SHOT. Sure we know what BB will look like without any extra CG like his battle mask and how he moves. But we dont know for sure that the others will look like. If you pay close attention to the set picture of frozen Megatron you can see differences in the way things are shaped ... like the legs and such. But know, these people with tunnel vision either dont know or are too stupid to know what a concept image is or that there are potentially hundreds of concepts before they select the final.

11. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

What you just said reminds me of a poster from the official movie board :lol 

12. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Nuopus, let’s not refer to other board members as “stupid” ok?

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

It's relevant to point out that, even bearing in mind that all we've seen are -unconfirmed- (not necessarily inaccurate though) concept pics, based on the broad survey of everything we HAVE seen so far, I think it's fair to say we have a pretty good idea of what approach Dreamworks is taking... certainly enough to have an opinion on where we fear the movie is headed.

All this talk of "we can't criticize until we see it" is nonsense. We can certainly criticize the project based on all the indications we have as to the overall style of the film. Some of us have seen enough to feel that it's not looking good.

I mean, so they're concept drawings. Let's not -pretend- that we're actually expecting the designs we've seen will suddenly go through a truly radical change before the movie is released. Some of us may hope for that, but I'm not expecting a lot of surprises.

I even suspect that these pics were less leaked, than "unofficially" released to guage response from the online community at large, but that's just my spidey-sense tingling. :) 

14. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    i dont fear the direction its taking design-wise, jazz and ironhide and blackout are quite probably the best bot modes ive ever seen on any transformer ever

15. Cory Bauer

I don't anticipate that the actual film's designs will be drastically different at all from the leaked material, but I do know that we've seen multiple variations of Prime, and that one head variation over the other can sway fan opinion from, "OH my gawd this movie is going to suck so bad!!" to "That's Prime!". With that in mind, I think we owe the filmmakers the opportunity to present their work to fans as they see fit, so that fans outside the community can judge for themselves, instead of a preconceived notion from a leaked concept sketch that may or may not be a fair representation of the intended product.

Passing around leaked images and discussing them within the fandom is one thing, but going outside the community and spreading negative spin based on dated leaked material prior to seeing a single frame of film is quite another.

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I notice a distinct lack of cease and desist orders coming from the filmmakers regarding the "leaked" concepts. They're out there deliberately, for good or ill. If they have more improved designs, they can always elect to leak them as well.

17. SMOG

Er? Have we seen an Ironhide bot mode yet?? Did I miss it?

Can anyone link me up?

18. SMOG

This is true... for some fans, a change in head design could make all the difference to them. Myself, I'm more concerned by the overall aesthetic.... which I don't think is changing. But then, better head designs wouldn't hurt, either. :) 

I dunno... sounds like the internet to me. :) 

Besides, if Dreamworks is even slightly monitoring some of the feedback on the "leaked" info, spreading these images to the larger populace is the best thing to do.. that way they'll know better how the current designs hold up to the scrutiny of "non-fans". At this point, feedback is the best thing they can have... either to confirm their decision to move this way, or to make last minute alterations to the movie, or the way they will be marketing it.

And I don't think I'm being naive. Does anyone doubt that Dreamworks has people working full-time to monitor the buzz on their big-ticket films like this one? PR is a big game... and the spread of images and awareness on the internet is a big part of it all. They ARE watching. ;) 

19. Cory Bauer

SMOG, at this point I think Paramount/Dreamworks have gotten the fan's message loud and clear, and any revisions that will make it into the film have already been set in motion. That's exactly why passing around this old stuff and claiming "that's the way it is" is even more inaccurate :) 

I don't think it's an issue so long as the fan presenting it has the decency to explain, "this is some concept art that was done for the film, and may be how they appear in the film".

20. obin_gam

obin_gam Cenobiteconbot

It's tomorrow now so... when?